to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

EA lays off further staff, but promises "extremely bright fu

Your comments on our articles.

"We are extremely grateful for the contributions made by each of these individuals"

Following chief executive chairman John Riccitiello's departure in March, and layoffs at EA Montreal earlier this month, further redundancies have been announced at EA as the company moves to streamline several of its divisions.... read more

EA lays off further staff, but promises "extremely bright fu

Postby SilentDark » 26 Apr 2013, 13:38

"Extremely bright future" except for all those people who are presumably wondering how to provide for their families I'm sure.

And the funny thing is that EA still wonders why it wins worst company in America when it comes out with statements like this.

Sounds like the wrong people got "Downsized" if you ask me.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Re: EA lays off further staff, but promises "extremely brigh

Postby DStonedRaider » 28 Apr 2013, 13:13

Although its horrible to see people lose there jobs. I'm glad that EA are doing badly I refuse to buy there games any more I just end up feeling ripped off another greedy out of touch company failing because it ignores its customers hopefully other company's will take note
DStonedRaider 5

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Apr 2013, 10:45

DStonedRaider wrote:Although its horrible to see people lose there jobs. I'm glad that EA are doing badly I refuse to buy there games any more I just end up feeling ripped off another greedy out of touch company failing because it ignores its customers hopefully other company's will take note

How are they failing? They've just had a massive increase in year on year profits and produce some of the highest grossing games on the market.

If that's failing can I fail please?
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby SilentDark » 29 Apr 2013, 11:39

Well something must be going wrong because otherwise the downsizing is just needlessly cruel....oh wait, EA the Great Satan, makes sense now.

Is it wrong for me to want bad things to happen to EA executives, especially Peter Moore?
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby KernowDevil23 » 29 Apr 2013, 11:46

I love it when I read silly posts from people "refusing to buy games from*insert evil conglomerate here*....."

Honestly, as long as a game is of interest to me, I couldn't care less if it was made personally by Kim Jong-un!
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby SilentDark » 29 Apr 2013, 11:57

KernowDevil23 wrote:I love it when I read silly posts from people "refusing to buy games from*insert evil conglomerate here*....."

Honestly, as long as a game is of interest to me, I couldn't care less if it was made personally by Kim Jong-un!

It would be slightly less funny if said profits from the game go into funding his nuclear weapons program and we all end up dead.

What is funny is when they say they're going to boycott a company but then continue to buy said product, but when people actually go through with it, you've got to admire them, at least they have the courage of their convictions.

I'd love EA to go down because the only product of theirs that I really have any true interest in is Mass Effect...and Dragon Age I suppose but given that Bioware would end up picked up by someone else anyway I'm not that worried.
SilentDark 66

Postby KernowDevil23 » 29 Apr 2013, 11:59

Wow, someone forgot to take their "lighten up juice" this morning! :lol:
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby FishyGinger » 29 Apr 2013, 12:03

KernowDevil23 wrote:I love it when I read silly posts from people "refusing to buy games from*insert evil conglomerate here*....."

You liked 'Glorious Korea Make Win World Rule' too?

I'm never going to buy an aston martin. Not because I can't afford one but I heard once someone in a factory making them was sad because his puppy had died and his boss didn't give him the day off work for it.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby SilentDark » 29 Apr 2013, 12:04

KernowDevil23 wrote:Wow, someone forgot to take their "lighten up juice" this morning! :lol:

Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a scathing criticism, or even all that serious an observation, anyway a game by Kim Jong-un would probably suck. Now his dad, I'm betting he could have turned up a half decent shooter or something. :lol:
SilentDark 66