to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

New GTA 5 details coming 2nd May, 5pm BST - what do you want

Your comments on our articles.

Give our intrepid previewer a helping hand

Two amazing things will happen next Thursday - one, we'll move offices amid considerable chaos and confusion, and two, we'll publish a whopping new Grand Theft Auto 5 preview for your amusement and edification.... read more

New GTA 5 details coming 2nd May, 5pm BST - what do you want

Postby Muppetman51 » 26 Apr 2013, 16:05

Is there anything as annoying as the phone from GTA4? I've just got another copy of 4 to try and finish it and the phone is killing me. It never shuts up, it takes you well out of the way at all the wrong times and it's the reason I got rid of 4 in the first place. Is there anything like this in 5?
Excuse me sir, but the pigs have refused to find any more truffles until you leave!
Muppetman51 38

Re: New GTA 5 details coming 2nd May, 5pm BST - what do you

Postby GallifreyDog » 26 Apr 2013, 17:02

Do bullet wounds appear realistically like in Red Dead Redemption? And on a slightly less morbid note, do the three characters each have different animations for running, holding guns etc?
GallifreyDog 26

Postby MrDaRkAsSaSsIn6 » 26 Apr 2013, 17:08

Rumours that the buildings are destructible. Like id you got into a plane and flew it into a building the building would become destroyed with a gaping hole where you parked your plane, is this true. I don't see how it could fit into the game, it would be awesome though. Also, what the combat system is like, has it improved form GTA IV. And more about what you can do outside of missions.
MrDaRkAsSaSsIn6 13

Postby Branhelm » 26 Apr 2013, 17:23

EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING aaaaand ...

EVERYTHING!!!!

But seriously, vehicle handling (4 seemed terrible due to Romans taxi being terrible, but was extremely fun to handle after a while I thought.) gun play, hand to hand combat, things to do on the side (games, collectables, properties), is money actually used. Plenty of other things but you can file those under "everything else".
Branhelm 24

Postby Thomas Morrisroe » 26 Apr 2013, 17:25

I would like to know how many discs it will need for the xbox.
Thomas Morrisroe 2

Postby PaladinRonin » 26 Apr 2013, 18:11

I'd like the review to focus on the comparasin bewteen SA and IV. SA was great in what you could do, and IV not as much as there was far less content. Compearing it to SA would be interesting.
Also, focusing on the world and the detail within it, such as chracters and enviroment.
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 32

Postby Apparitions » 26 Apr 2013, 20:10

Get as many screenshots as you can. Climb Chiliad. Try and get the protagonist-switching screen. See what R* has been hiding from us on the map, speaking of which look at this and see how close it is to the real map. Just get as much as you can. Thanks.
Apparitions 13

Postby Bezza89 » 26 Apr 2013, 21:31

How the frame rate holds up, what the music on the radio is like, draw distances, and animations. Thanks!
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Postby Metalrodent » 26 Apr 2013, 21:33

Bezza89 wrote:How the frame rate holds up, what the music on the radio is like, draw distances, and animations. Thanks!

Good point, in IV i just played the station that had Genesis and Sisters of Mercy on it xD
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Bezza89 » 26 Apr 2013, 21:39

I don't want hits, in this day and age we can stream our own stuff if we want stuff we know and like, I want it like IV where it gives you pretty obscure music and gets you interested in it rather than being all #1s or whatever. I know people didn't like that. but I loved the radio, especially Lazlow and that Judge guy. Can't wait.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Postby Metalrodent » 26 Apr 2013, 21:49

yeah, some of the russian rock stuff they had was pretty damn good
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Worthies » 26 Apr 2013, 22:55

A custom radio station which plays from yor iPod or phone would be great!
Before you tell me I can already do this through the dashboard, I am aware. However it ruins cutscenes and general dialogue, and it would be nice for console versions much like the PC version of GTA 4.

I thought the mobile was a very good feature in GTA 4, where silent mode was a welcome break from needy friends and girlfriends. Maybe making them less needy would be nice though...

A greater variety of weapons would be good, and access to air vehicles would be a welcome addition, as it was incredibly difficult to source a helicopter without cheats in GTA 4.

And finally, more indoor spaces such as supermarkets, shopping centres and clubs would also give GTA 5 a greater level of depth than the other games which were mostly restriced to the outdoors, excluding the odd burger shot and clothes shop.
Worthies 30

Postby Worthies » 26 Apr 2013, 22:59

MrDaRkAsSaSsIn6 wrote:Rumours that the buildings are destructible. Like id you got into a plane and flew it into a building the building would become destroyed with a gaping hole where you parked your plane, is this true. I don't see how it could fit into the game, it would be awesome though. Also, what the combat system is like, has it improved form GTA IV. And more about what you can do outside of missions.

I doubt this would happen unfortunately, due to the whole 911 thing...
As much Rockstar would appreciate the publicity, I doubt they would want every right leaning newspaper to accuse the game of allowing players the opportunity to recreate terrorist attacks.
GTA 4 lacked planes for this reason.
Worthies 30

Postby Worthies » 26 Apr 2013, 23:12

Bezza89 wrote:I don't want hits, in this day and age we can stream our own stuff if we want stuff we know and like, I want it like IV where it gives you pretty obscure music and gets you interested in it rather than being all #1s or whatever. I know people didn't like that. but I loved the radio, especially Lazlow and that Judge guy. Can't wait.

The observant gamer would have noticed the "Z!T" radio advert in GTA 4 (the mobile number for IDing the music on the radio) described having "washed up" celebrities answering the phones.

The person answering calls you made through the ingame phone was infact Lazlow!

On a side note, I would agree with not having just hits like in GTA 4.
I bought the Black Crowes Greatest Hits album on the back of 'Remedy' from Liberty Rock Radio.
Worthies 30

Postby robpowell » 27 Apr 2013, 00:02

What's on the radio?
robpowell 15

Next