to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Race Driver: GRID 2 hands-on - turning motorsports into Mixe

Your comments on our articles.

Who's the greatest racer of them all?

Not so long ago, the only way you and a mate could have settled a beer-fuelled argument about whether a jiu-jitsu expert could beat a taekwondo champion in a fight would have been to part company, join separate monasteries, spend many years training under the tutelage of the finest monk-practitioners in East Asia, and then meet up again after a decade to properly thrash things out. Thankfully, you can now watch the Ultimate Fighting Championship instead, and this has given Codemasters ideas.... read more

Race Driver: GRID 2 hands-on - turning motorsports into Mixe

Postby scottishwildcat » 27 Apr 2013, 17:49

All looks very disappointing TBH. Love my racing games, and CM made one of the best with TOCA 3, but it's all been downhill since then. The original GRID struck just about the right balance between arcadey and realism, but this just looks like all-out arcade with a clich├ęd story mode and a tiny number (five) of real tracks. What's a sportscar racing game with no Spa, no Hockenheim, no Donnington, no Bathurst, no Laguna Seca? Add to that the lack of two features that made the original GRID -- cockpit view and demolition derby -- and it's a "best wait for the bargain bin" for me.
scottishwildcat 16

Re: Race Driver: GRID 2 hands-on - turning motorsports into

Postby battfink83 » 28 Apr 2013, 23:26

no cockpit view, no buy...... seriously, what a pile of lalalalalalalala....
battfink83 47

Re: Race Driver: GRID 2 hands-on - turning motorsports into

Postby mcr35353 » 29 Apr 2013, 17:32

Looks like a decent racer, but the immersion was what made me fall in love with the first game... If I want solid racing I've got Forza and F1; there's really not a lot of interest in this for me... I don't want to come across as though the lack of cockpit view is the be all and end all for me, but I've always found it better playing in that view than the bonnet view because I alternate between using the wheel and controller; so without it I don't really think I'll get as much fun out of it... If that makes sense? Ah well, just my opinion!
mcr35353 1