Batman Arkham Origins details emerge: axed features, new det

Your comments on our articles.

GamesMaster magazine speak to WB Montreal about their "different Dark Knight"

Hot on the heels of a gallery full of brand new Batman: Arkham Origins screenshots, new gameplay and story details have emerged courtesy of the latest issue of GamesMaster magazine. It's a good morning to be a Bat-fan.... read more

Batman Arkham Origins details emerge: axed features, new det

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Apr 2013, 12:39

Sounding promising so far. Legends of the Dark Knight was mostly a great series with some really strong stories so that's a good template to be copying.

Looking forward to the first meeting with Gordon and seeing how their friendship develops. I take it they're going with the standard police corruption/Batman's a criminal handling of the GPD? Could make for some interesting tension in the plot.
A Tweet is like an episode of Game of Thrones; there are 140 characters and something awful usually happens
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Re: Batman Arkham Origins details emerge: axed features, new

Postby OXM Aoife » 29 Apr 2013, 12:48

CunningSmile wrote:Sounding promising so far. Legends of the Dark Knight was mostly a great series with some really strong stories so that's a good template to be copying.

Looking forward to the first meeting with Gordon and seeing how their friendship develops. I take it they're going with the standard police corruption/Batman's a criminal handling of the GPD? Could make for some interesting tension in the plot.

Yep, reports indicate that it's classic GCPD - they're out to get Bats as much as the criminals are.
OXM Aoife
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Apr 2013, 13:13

OXM Aoife wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:Sounding promising so far. Legends of the Dark Knight was mostly a great series with some really strong stories so that's a good template to be copying.

Yep, reports indicate that it's classic GCPD - they're out to get Bats as much as the criminals are.

Cheers, that makes me happy :D
A Tweet is like an episode of Game of Thrones; there are 140 characters and something awful usually happens
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby Waffles2541 » 29 Apr 2013, 14:29

I wonder if Deathstroke the Terminator will be playable. (scratches head in thought)
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 40

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Apr 2013, 15:21

Waffles2541 wrote:I wonder if Deathstroke the Terminator will be playable. (scratches head in thought)

Shhhh, you're not supposed to use the "...the Terminator" bit after James Cameron sued them for copywrite infringement
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby Crisco » 29 Apr 2013, 17:13

CunningSmile wrote:
Waffles2541 wrote:I wonder if Deathstroke the Terminator will be playable. (scratches head in thought)

Shhhh, you're not supposed to use the "...the Terminator" bit after James Cameron sued them for copywrite infringement

Really? That's quite petty. I always thought that Deathstroke was the Terminator, before the Terminator was the Terminator. Terminator.
Being good at stuff is overrated. Probably.
Gamertag: Super Crisco
Crisco 48

Postby Metalrodent » 30 Apr 2013, 01:14

apparently they're replacing the voice actor for Batman - which is sure gonna annoy a few people (just look at MGS)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby SilentDark » 30 Apr 2013, 14:13

Metalrodent wrote:apparently they're replacing the voice actor for Batman - which is sure gonna annoy a few people (just look at MGS)

So no Rockstar, no Dini, no Conroy...talk about making a rod for your own back WB. :(
"That is what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence."
SilentDark 68

Postby CunningSmile » 30 Apr 2013, 14:15

SilentDark wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:apparently they're replacing the voice actor for Batman - which is sure gonna annoy a few people (just look at MGS)

So no Rockstar, no Dini, no Conroy...talk about making a rod for your own back WB. :(

Dini has quit Rocksteady anyway so even if it was them I don't think he'd be involved. Makes me wonder who they'll get for Arkham 3 though to pick up the plot threads he left.
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 30 Apr 2013, 14:45

Joe Pasquale for Batman? You heard it here first.
Spider-Baby. Its got the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.
FishyGinger 71