to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

The eight best Xbox games we're in danger of forgetting abou

Your comments on our articles.

2013's less anticipated, most promising current generation releases

Next month's Xbox 720 reveal will be a time of triumph and tragedy. On the one hand, we'll be able to write and talk about next generation Xbox titles without appending obnoxious caveats in the form of a "report" or a "rumour" or a "source". After 24 months of such obfuscation, I can't tell you how much the idea appeals.... read more

The eight best Xbox games we're in danger of forgetting abou

Postby fracturedrich » 30 Apr 2013, 13:28

Funny you have done this article ed,as it being quite over the next few weeks ive been looking at upcoming releases this morning and remember me caught my attention.I read a hands on and was interested how you can put your own combos together,like build your own,do you no if you can name the moves you create.Ive been playing ni no kuni over the last few days and ff would be better if it took a leaf out of it's combat.
fracturedrich 47

Re: The eight best Xbox games we're in danger of forgetting

Postby pauloselhombre » 30 Apr 2013, 14:02

Was there really any need to play the unprofessional fanboy role with your comments on Rayman Legends? Or do you genuinely believe that crap?
pauloselhombre 26

Postby OXM ETboy » 30 Apr 2013, 14:07

I don't think it's fanboyish to observe that Wii U games don't sell, Paul :) I like the console, but it's hardly a force to be reckoned with right now.

http://www.mcvuk.com/retail-biz/charts
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby SidTheSloth » 30 Apr 2013, 14:12

fracturedrich wrote:Ive been playing ni no kuni over the last few days and ff would be better if it took a leaf out of it's combat.

To each his own dude, but the combat system is the weakest part of Ni No Kuni by a mile (EDIT: Meant to add - IMO!), and stopped it being quite easily a 9-10/10. Any game that becomes easier if you let your teammates die has a serious flaw in it somewhere.

Ed, a timeous article i reckon, and quite poignant seeing as i like to root for the underdog etc - but your omission of South Park lends further credence to the rumours that it's disappeared and gone forever - please say it isn't so and that you're jetting off to Ubi shortly to do a big exposé on it? Pretty please? :(
Last edited by SidTheSloth on 30 Apr 2013, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby OXM ETboy » 30 Apr 2013, 14:15

I've mailed Ubisoft to ask, Sid - we haven't heard anything about it for a while. I doubt they've cancelled it - the license is popular and the game looks quite good - but you never know.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby SidTheSloth » 30 Apr 2013, 14:26

OXM ETboy wrote:I've mailed Ubisoft to ask, Sid - we haven't heard anything about it for a while. I doubt they've cancelled it - the license is popular and the game looks quite good - but you never know.

Hmm, we need a smiley for 'does naked dance in the street'...

Cheers Ed! :)
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Plamsa wing » 30 Apr 2013, 14:38

Isn't there a licence issue with The Stick of Truth? Last time I heard about it, THQ didn't have the right to sell it off.

Anway, out of all those games only three interest me, with Metro being the only definite buy, the other two are Remember me and Deadpool. Remember Me looks ok, but I swear it's starting to look like every other game I've played. Deadpool on the other hand, well it's none other than comics most awesome mercenary, unlike other Wilson's would have you believe. :wink:

Now while Highmoon have done right by the two Cybertron games, I'm getting the feeling Deadpool might end up like most other super hero games and be mediocre at best. :|

I was interested in "Fuse" when it was first announced as Overstrike, now though it just looks like any other bland shooter, with co-op.

As has been mentioned in yonder Nintendo thread, there are more game I want for the 3DS this year, than any other console. I didn't even own one until a little over a week ago! This is the first time it's ever happened.

I suppose I should be happy, as it has sort of motivated me to tackle that back-log I've built up. Yet I'm also disappointed I've nothing to spend my hard earned money on. It's an odd mix of relief and saddness.
Last edited by Plamsa wing on 30 Apr 2013, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby SidTheSloth » 30 Apr 2013, 14:41

Plamsa wing wrote:Isn't there a licence issue with The Stick of Truth? Last time I heard about it, THQ didn't have the right to sell it off.

Yarp, me and Cunning were discussing t'other day. Just wondered if Ed could elaborate a bit more by leaning on some of his contacts to make them squeal!
SidTheSloth 54

Postby FishyGinger » 30 Apr 2013, 14:42

SidTheSloth wrote:
OXM ETboy wrote:I've mailed Ubisoft to ask, Sid - we haven't heard anything about it for a while. I doubt they've cancelled it - the license is popular and the game looks quite good - but you never know.

Hmm, we need a smiley for 'does naked dance in the street'...

Cheers Ed! :)

I can get you a naked woman on a fish, will that do it for you?
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby OXM ETboy » 30 Apr 2013, 14:44

SidTheSloth wrote:Just wondered if Ed could elaborate a bit more by leaning on some of his contacts to make them squeal!

Are you calling me fat?

I'll see who I can lean on.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby SidTheSloth » 30 Apr 2013, 14:45

FishyGinger wrote:I can get you a naked woman on a fish, will that do it for you?

No, but if you can get a sloth fishing, using the naked woman as bait, then we'll talk...
SidTheSloth 54

Postby SidTheSloth » 30 Apr 2013, 14:54

OXM ETboy wrote:
SidTheSloth wrote:Just wondered if Ed could elaborate a bit more by leaning on some of his contacts to make them squeal!

Are you calling me fat?

Say what now!? I think you've been spending too much time in female company!!? :shock:

As an aside, is it widely known in the office that Jonty has his own page on Wikipedia with possibly the dodgiest photo of him i've seen? Did he do it himself? :wink:
SidTheSloth 54

Postby FishyGinger » 30 Apr 2013, 14:57

SidTheSloth wrote:
FishyGinger wrote:I can get you a naked woman on a fish, will that do it for you?

No, but if you can get a sloth fishing, using the naked woman as bait, then we'll talk...

It didn't go so well. The woman fell in the water and that turned the sloth off this idea of fishing. It's a shame, there was even a picture of Emilia Fox with an octopus but I figured that's not sensible thing to be posting here.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby SidTheSloth » 30 Apr 2013, 15:00

Hmm, i've never seen my Uncle Harry go for sultry before - i think he pulls it off quite well...

Either that or he's sharting... Skunks have the reputation, but the people in the know all recognise that the sloths are where the stink is really at! :wink:
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 30 Apr 2013, 15:04

Splinter Cell and Lightning Returns are 2 Im really looking forward to. Next gen Xbox may have to wait for a while.

Its been pretty quiet for a while on this one but no mention of Castlevania Lords Of Shadow 2?
Johnbhoy69 55

Next