to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox 720 may not launch with Xbox IllumiRoom - tech video lo

Your comments on our articles.

Projection tech is "purely a research project" at this point

Alas, it appears talk of "next generation console" applications during yesterday's wondrous Xbox IllumiRoom footage may not be indicative of the Xbox 720's launch-day capabilities. Speaking to The Verge, Microsoft researchers Brett Jones and Hrvoje Benko have described IllumiRoom as "purely a research project" for the moment, though they certainly aren't ruling out a high street release.... read more

Xbox 720 may not launch with Xbox IllumiRoom - tech video lo

Postby Waffles2541 » 30 Apr 2013, 18:25

I wonder if they will actually reveal the Xbox 720/Durango/Loop/Kevin (whatever they are calling it) on its scheduled reveal day, or will they pull a Sony and reveal all the gimmicks and tech that will be included with their console, but not actually reveal the console itself. We shall see.
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 39

Re: Xbox 720 may not launch with Xbox IllumiRoom - tech vide

Postby msbhvn » 30 Apr 2013, 23:45

Waffles2541 wrote:I wonder if they will actually reveal the Xbox 720/Durango/Loop/Kevin (whatever they are calling it) on its scheduled reveal day, or will they pull a Sony and reveal all the gimmicks and tech that will be included with their console, but not actually reveal the console itself. We shall see.

I reckon they'll have to show the console to one-up Sony. What they might do is save any game reveals for E3, because MS as a publisher don't really have any except Halo and the s***fest that is Fable.

Back on topic, damn straight IllumiRoom is pie in the sky if they can't even get Kinect working yet! :lol:
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Grummy » 01 May 2013, 09:43

I have no problems with this, I think the Illumiroom is a silly idea. It'd be distracting as hell to have it projected onto the walls around my living room. Just a plainly odd idea afaic.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby Dave101 » 01 May 2013, 18:52

5 to 10 years away? I must be in a time warp because I've been using a projector for years. 100" minecraft, yay!
Dave101 16