to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Another look at State of Decay: the most ambitious zombie su

Your comments on our articles.

Ed checks out the character development systems... and shudders

It's a sad truth that even very good games sound better on paper. Undead Labs' zombie survive 'em up State of Decay sounds incredible on paper, a vast, bubbling pot of variables that surely ranks among Xbox Live Arcade's - or even Xbox 360's - most elaborate releases.... read more

Postby KernowDevil23 » 01 May 2013, 19:47

I feel there is going to be no "middle ground" for this one.

It's either going to be amazing or complete balls. I'm obviously hoping it's the former!
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Jobe wan kenobi » 01 May 2013, 19:51

I am so excited for this game. I really hope it doesn't disappoint.
Jobe wan kenobi 44

Postby Grummy » 01 May 2013, 19:54

I came........

just to read this preview and by gods it sounds awesome. My first impression from your words is that it is a true strategy game where you can play it as deeply as you choose, either just the basics of survival or man manage everyone and their personalities. Love it. Can not wait.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Re: Another look at State of Decay: the most ambitious zombi

Postby Bezza89 » 01 May 2013, 20:08

Is there little to worry about or not a little (the other thing, a lot). Or nothing? Not little, it could be anything :shock:

:wink:
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby Insaneyokel » 01 May 2013, 20:15

The thing is since the disappointment from the Star Trek game, that was looking so good to everyone, I am a bit more cautious now, I might wait and see before getting excited. Once burnt twice shy
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 48

Postby Bezza89 » 01 May 2013, 20:22

Insaneyokel wrote:The thing is since the disappointment from the Star Trek game, that was looking so good to everyone, I am a bit more cautious now, I might wait and see before getting excited. Once burnt twice shy

Was it? Sounded like a rubbish film tie in, everyone did a good preview a week before (was that hands on?), and it turned out to be a rubbish film tie in. This sounds good and plays well, I don't know how it could turn out to be pants.
Bezza89 69

Postby Insaneyokel » 01 May 2013, 20:32

Famous last words Bezza :D but yeah you got a point, I am really hoping that it will deliver and be the different gaming experience that I am craving at the moment.
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 48

Postby Sandbwoy » 01 May 2013, 20:35

First time I've really took the time to read up on this game properly, and I must say I've got high expectations now. Can't wait for it's release, and hope it lives up to the hype.
Sandbwoy 24

Postby fracturedrich » 01 May 2013, 21:02

Just as i make myself forget because of the month or so wait until release,another article comes along and reminds me the wait is well from over.This could be a good summer.
fracturedrich 47

Postby Bezza89 » 01 May 2013, 21:52

Insaneyokel wrote:Famous last words Bezza :D but yeah you got a point, I am really hoping that it will deliver and be the different gaming experience that I am craving at the moment.

Keep positive, and hypocritically bitter, that's how I roll. I've probably jinxed it now though, it'll be rubbish.
Bezza89 69

Postby SidTheSloth » 01 May 2013, 22:07

Pretty much agree with Kernow on this, it'll either stink something awful or be shit the bed fantastic.

Those complex systems sound like they could well be a breeding ground for bugs and glitches galore, but they also sound like the stuff of dreams!

It can't be worse than survival instinct though... Can it? :|
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Drainwater » 01 May 2013, 22:37

Uh, those graphics look like crap, obviously not as good as anything on the PC and...

Alright I'll stop. It looks like it's going to be awesome. I've kept my optimism this whole time about this one and I really hope I'm not disappointed. I'm sure it won't be everything they're building it up to be, but some of the best games are the cheap underdogs so I imagine this will at the very least be worth playing.
Drainwater 35

Postby Plamsa wing » 02 May 2013, 00:37

I'm with Kernow and Sid on this one, it looks good but then again so did Aliens.

Same with that Mars: War Logs, the premise sounds very much interesting, but it's the execution I'm worried about.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby kronk10 » 02 May 2013, 08:21

this may have been asked before but is this a single player game? My brother really wants to get this on release but as soon as i said it may be single player it put him off. It may put him off even more when i tell him its more of a sim/strategy game as he was hoping for the xbox version of DAY Z so this may put him off! Oh well means i can play it's socks off because god do i love a good strategy/sim game :D
kronk10 44

Postby Bezza89 » 02 May 2013, 08:54

kronk10 wrote:this may have been asked before but is this a single player game? My brother really wants to get this on release but as soon as i said it may be single player it put him off. It may put him off even more when i tell him its more of a sim/strategy game as he was hoping for the xbox version of DAY Z so this may put him off! Oh well means i can play it's socks off because god do i love a good strategy/sim game :D

It's sp, but they are maybe adding co-op after release, it's all to test waters for the mmo so it should likely get co-op at some point.
Bezza89 69

Next