to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Fallout: NV developer has "unique next generation game" in t

Your comments on our articles.

Well of course it isn't Fallout 4

It's been a rough few years in some ways for Knights of the Old Republic 2 developer Obsidian Entertainment, what with Bethesda cutting back on bonuses for Fallout: New Vegas, ensuing layoffs and most recently, a spell in limbo for South Park and the Stick of Truth, following THQ's collapse into bankruptcy. Still, there may be light at the end of the tunnel: the studio appears to be working on a "unique next generation game".... read more

Fallout: NV developer has "unique next generation game" in t

Postby Grummy » 02 May 2013, 10:49

Of course it's not Fallout 4, you're just rumourmongering there, stirring up cheap hype from nothing. Bad Edwin. Bethesda will be making the next Fallout game, they always make the primary games in their big 2 franchises, they've said this many times. NV was part test to see if the idea would fly and partly a move to get more games out whilst the legal wrangle was still ensuing.

I have no idea what this game will be, but being Obsidian it will have a brilliant story with fantastic gameplay, and be technically rough as a badgers nadgers.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Re: Fallout: NV developer has "unique next generation game"

Postby OXM ETboy » 02 May 2013, 10:51

Of course it's not Fallout 4, you're just rumourmongering there, stirring up cheap hype from nothing. Bad Edwin.

I'll have you know that I never "monger", sir. I'm more of a peddler. Anyhoo, I've updated the subheading now so you can bally well do one.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Grummy » 02 May 2013, 11:02

I genuinely laughed out loud when I read it.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby CunningSmile » 02 May 2013, 11:08

Grummy wrote:I have no idea what this game will be, but being Obsidian it will have a brilliant story with fantastic gameplay, and be technically rough as a badgers nadgers.

Agreed. Obsidian are simultaniously one of my favorite and least favorite developers. I love good plots and strong characters in games and they are amonhst the best in business at delivery those, but they are also some of the worst QA ers ever.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Rista B » 02 May 2013, 15:17

CunningSmile wrote:
Grummy wrote:I have no idea what this game will be, but being Obsidian it will have a brilliant story with fantastic gameplay, and be technically rough as a badgers nadgers.

Agreed. Obsidian are simultaniously one of my favorite and least favorite developers. I love good plots and strong characters in games and they are amonhst the best in business at delivery those, but they are also some of the worst QA ers ever.

True enough, although with their work for Bethesda it's not like they are dealing with a game engine that is not already very prone to bugs and strange glitches. I went back to Skyrim last night for the first time in a year to mess around with the DLC and upon loading I'm hovering over my horse for no apparent reason, my character would not jump, and then my stamina depleted itself and wouldn't properly regenerate for about 30 minutes.

All three issues were kind enough to resolve themselves which was much appreciated.
Rista B 13

Postby Plamsa wing » 02 May 2013, 15:32

Despite the massive love-hate relationship I have with Obsidian, I've thought that they've always been one to watch.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby Drainwater » 03 May 2013, 00:23

I've loved the Obsidian RPGs that I've played. They always seem to offer at least the illusion of more freedom than many other rpgs. My only nag, and it is a nag since it's not a serious complaint, is that they sure seem to love their moral grey areas. It's hard to stick to your moral guns in their games without making your characters seem like fanatics.
Drainwater 35