to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

New GTA 5 gameplay details: eight things you need to know

Your comments on our articles.

Character abilities, property, cars, weapons, missions and more

The eagle has landed, ladies and gentlemen. We have now lain eyes on working builds of Grand Theft Auto 5, and can confirm that it is a game of considerable promise. For our digested thoughts, check out this GTA 5 video preview. For the most important new developments since we published our original, enormous GTA 5 info overload, scroll down the page. And for pretty pictures, hit up our gallery of the latest GTA 5 screenshots.... read more

New GTA 5 gameplay details: eight things you need to know

Postby ItchyRash » 02 May 2013, 17:02

I don't think I've been more excited for a game ever especially after reading all this. There's just something about a GTA game that no other game can capture in the same way. The return of customisation and property are fantastic news. Any news on multiplayer though?
ItchyRash 42

Re: New GTA 5 gameplay details: eight things you need to kno

Postby Grummy » 02 May 2013, 18:02

Well it sounds promising, I'll give you that, but I'm still worried about the control. If it's the same engine as GTA IV it'll probably mean that the character/vehicle controls will be like a solid turd moving through glue again.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Decent_Jam » 02 May 2013, 18:42

Interesting questions on the vide, hopefully this will go way beyond GTAIV, at present I really can't see myself completing the single player but I will enjoy the multiplayer definitely. Would be nice to see some really imaginative and distinctive multiplayer modes, had great fun with Payne Killer and Gang Wars on Max Payne 3 - they could take several leaves out of that game, particularly with the combat, which is looks like they have done already.

Not sure the customisation really appeals, and the special abilities of the character seem slightly gimmicky. Making them different is nice, but you might find yourself missing your favourite when the game makes you play as someone else.

I'm waiting to be impressed, but then I'm pretty hard to please with games like this.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Watch Dogs, TF, BF4, KI, Forza 5 - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 61

Postby NickTurner13 » 03 May 2013, 12:53

I'm looking forward to all the customization options as that seemed massively missing from GTAIV after playing San Andreas and of course the Saints Row games.

Not sure about these Heists being the main part of the game though, I really didn't like the set pieces in previous GTA's that clearly led up to this point. Far too hectic for my liking and when they go wrong it's a massive pain to start all over again. do that 20 times and you get really sick of the game and turn it off / go play something else.
NickTurner13 1

Postby fracturedrich » 03 May 2013, 14:03

Ive been reading that you can buy houses and a lot of other stuff and that there are some epic heists and robbery's to do,if this is true and done well this could be the best game of all time.The only thing is do we wait and buy for next gen or just stuff it and get them both.
fracturedrich 47

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 03 May 2013, 15:53

I like the idea of strategic heists, planning and hiring people to do a particular task. Would to great to mess around and hire people for the wrong task and watch as it all goes hilariously wrong.
Johnbhoy69 54

Postby GHOSTY05 » 04 May 2013, 10:25

Cant wait!!
GHOSTY05 39

Postby stevenstadick » 05 May 2013, 18:01

Imagine cops and crooks but the heist version like your the bank police and there the crooks they can choose to be stealthy and try to trick you or go guns blazing. funnnnnnnnn
stevenstadick 1