to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Splinter Cell: Blacklist Spies vs Mercs video is like Aliens

Your comments on our articles.

Famed hide and seek multiplayer returns to the fray

Ubisoft has released a new Splinter Cell: Blacklist trailer which focuses on the long-lost Spies versus Mercenaries mode, in which men with torches on their heads try to obtain secret data, while men with chunky shoulder pads try to stop them. It's pretty enthralling stuff - the cat-and-mouse tension of Aliens, the hardware of Ghost Recon. Go watch.... read more

Splinter Cell: Blacklist Spies vs Mercs video is like Aliens

Postby Bezza89 » 03 May 2013, 10:00

They've... they've done something right!
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Spies vs Mercs video is like Al

Postby CunningSmile » 03 May 2013, 12:11

Bezza89 wrote:They've... they've done something right!

I suspect they've probably got a lot right, it's just stealth games don't trailer well "And here we are sitting still for ten minutes. You'll love this game," doesn't really work.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Spies vs Mercs video is like Al

Postby Bezza89 » 03 May 2013, 12:51

No I've followed the game, they're sticking with their Bourne Identity route even with the stealth, that's ok, conviction is a great game in its own right - it's not what I'm after but it's still good. The problem with it was they used to make a stealth game you could go batshit in, now they make action games that you can ignore stuff in and have that as 'stealth'. They've got body moving back, distractions etc, it's all promising but it doesn't take away from the fact it's an action game at its heart.

When you got attacked in previous SC games, you could hide etc, now you're actually forced by story into killing people in sequences you don't control and loads of bad guys will attack for an ambush, hopefully you can avoid the latter by hiding or something, but from what I've seen and heard they've made it unavoidable in certain places. It's typical action game crap really, not that there's anything wrong with that.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69