Xbox Live Gold goes free for Silver subscribers this holiday

Your comments on our articles.

Silver subscribers get online multiplayer 3rd-5th May

Good news, all - Xbox Live Gold is free this weekend for Silver subscribers, granting three whole days' worth of access to the heady world of online multiplayer. Read all about it here.... read more

Xbox Live Gold goes free for Silver subscribers this holiday

Postby fracturedrich » 03 May 2013, 16:21

Your to kind microsoft,playstation get free games with there subscription and good ones aswell,we get free weekend,ime happy for people with silver though.
fracturedrich 48

Re: Xbox Live Gold goes free for Silver subscribers this hol

Postby fracturedrich » 03 May 2013, 16:25

On the other hand gold gets fuse demo next week,yippeee,sorry about that childish burst :)
fracturedrich 48

Postby Codlemagne » 03 May 2013, 19:41

When they did this earlier in the year, there was a two day offer after the weekend to get a month at half price or so. I thought about it but decided against, then the next day it offered me a whole month for free. Strikes me as a bit mental, though I've not cancelled the subscription so I guess it works - but I'd hardly be pleased if i'd gone with the first offer. Would they do the same thing again?
Codlemagne 5

Postby Wheely13 » 03 May 2013, 22:35

fracturedrich wrote:Your to kind microsoft,playstation get free games with there subscription and good ones aswell,we get free weekend,ime happy for people with silver though.

While that may be true, doesn't access to those "free" games stop if you don't pay for that subscription?
Wheely13 12

Postby captainhetty » 04 May 2013, 10:18

Wheely13 wrote:
fracturedrich wrote:Your to kind microsoft,playstation get free games with there subscription and good ones aswell,we get free weekend,ime happy for people with silver though.

While that may be true, doesn't access to those "free" games stop if you don't pay for that subscription?

Yes, your access to the free games stops if you cancel your subscription - but the EU gets some really good games for their money.
"Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets, it's going to be a Crumpocalypse."
GT - captainhetty
PSN - captain_hetty
captainhetty 63

Postby fracturedrich » 04 May 2013, 12:01

Wheely13 wrote:

Yes i think you have to look at it like renting them,something i don't really do but the choice is there.
fracturedrich 48

Postby Dave101 » 04 May 2013, 19:32

I always used to get a '2 months for £2' offer as I'm always silver, kept giving me the same offer so for two years I did that but after the last dashboard update the offer disappeared, the new offer isnt worth it for me.
Dave101 16

Postby CherryDragon » 05 May 2013, 18:48

Dave101 wrote:I always used to get a '2 months for £2' offer as I'm always silver, kept giving me the same offer so for two years I did that but after the last dashboard update the offer disappeared, the new offer isnt worth it for me.

I did the same but now I got my year worth of gold.
......(\_/)
......( '_')
..../""""""""""""\======░ ▒▓▓█D
/"""""""""""""""""""\
\_@_@_@_@_@ /
CherryDragon 32