to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Metro: Last Light hands-on - one last look before our review

Your comments on our articles.

Stalking out of THQ's ashes comes Artyom's second hellish trip on the underground

Don't think of this as a first-person shooter", says 4A Games' Huw Beynon, "think of it as an adventure." Let's be honest, he's not fooling anyone. That's definitely a great big gun we can see on the bottom right of the screen, after all. And the closest thing we find to a puzzle in this post-apocalyptic wasteland is a particularly baffling brain-teaser where you have to shoot lots of monsters in the face.... read more

Postby Metalrodent » 04 May 2013, 11:23

I loved the first game, despite it's problems it was one of the most unique games ive played (alo the only game i've plaed in russian) so looking foward to this one with raised hopes.
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Dellboy » 04 May 2013, 11:59

Highly awaiting this game. I like a challenge and the last one proved just that. I'm glad to see that the development team are still leaving out the 'hand-holding' style of play. Too many prompts and pointers ruin immersion and gives the player a bigger sense of achievement figuring things out for himself.

OXM, You did seem to leave out what the controls are like. Has the shooting controls been changed, or does it still retain that heavy feel to it?
Dellboy 14

Re: Metro: Last Light hands-on - one last look before our re

Postby Insaneyokel » 04 May 2013, 12:46

I am wondering what direction they are going to take the story in as they might lose marks for just repeating the same plot line.
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 04 May 2013, 16:22

Really enjoyed the 1st game but a game breaking glitch with the gas mask pissed me off so much I never finished it.
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby kronk10 » 07 May 2013, 08:24

Sounds good and it is the only fps i have been looking forward to in a very long time and it sounds like it has captured what made the first game so appealing!
kronk10 41