to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dark hands-on - a pure-blooded vampire stealth experience

Your comments on our articles.

Nothing like Twilight, an awful lot like Blade

Eric Bain has just found out he's a vampire. And he's taking it remarkably well, going from shocked disbelief to happy throat-ripping in the time it takes to say "load tutorial level". It's understandable, however: he needs to quickly convince players that he's not the kind of glittery pretty boy that could be played by Robert Pattinson in a potential movie adaptation.... read more

Dark hands-on - a pure-blooded vampire stealth experience

Postby Drainwater » 05 May 2013, 17:19

Kind of makes me think of Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.
Drainwater 35

Re: Dark hands-on - a pure-blooded vampire stealth experienc

Postby Sandbwoy » 05 May 2013, 20:48

Saw this up for pre-order on the Game website earlier this week. Another one for my wish list.
Sandbwoy 24

Postby SidTheSloth » 06 May 2013, 12:16

For anyone that's interested, spotted that Amazon have this available to pre-order for £28, don't know if they know something we don't regarding quality though! :wink: ShopTo have it for £32 & Game for £39.99 if you're looking for a quick comparison so it at least seems like a decent deal...
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 53

Postby Plamsa wing » 06 May 2013, 12:51

It sounds interesting does this and I really want it to be good, but the lack of any real news about it just doesn't bode well.
The bitterns are doing it for me.
Plamsa wing 56

Postby Crisco » 06 May 2013, 19:32

Plamsa wing wrote:It sounds interesting does this and I really want it to be good, but the lack of any real news about it just doesn't bode well.

Yeah, there's a lot more coverage for games that aren't out for months or don't even have a release date yet.
Being good at stuff is overrated. Probably.
Gamertag: Super Crisco
Crisco 45

Postby Maverick_McCool » 06 May 2013, 21:48

Well , that looked pants , seriously , oh lets do Splinter Cell - with Vampires! Am I the only person who's read books/watched movies where Vampires are actually bad ass? Having a wealth of brutal and amazing powers , ripping through the human cattle fearing nothing and being truly monstrous?

Honestly , vampires these days seem to have been turned into some whiny piss poor version of themselves , yeah I know Twilght shoulders some of the blame but this game , judging by the trailer , seems to be some hoodie skulking about biting security guards with shit AI. Hardly a leap away excitement wise from Edward "Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnnn" Cullen.

To me , the only game to ever really nail the whole vampire experience was LOK:Blood Omen. (Never got the chance to play Masquerade so can't comment). Kain was fantastic , brutal , sadistic with a wealth of supernatural powers , yeah the game wasn't exactly amazing , but the character was a lesson in how to do a vampire game.

Course , we'll be seing Half-Life 7 before we see him again. :(
I used to make arrow in the knee jokes , then Arm Fall Off Boy kicked me in the balls....... Come on Boon , quit teasing us with DLC characters we don't want , give us Arm Fall Off Boy dammit! Or at least give us Detective Chimp........
Maverick_McCool 45

Postby GHOSTY05 » 07 May 2013, 09:23

cell shading - i hate these types of games, and easy way to avoid making decent graphics!
GHOSTY05 39

Postby CunningSmile » 07 May 2013, 14:19

Drainwater wrote:Kind of makes me think of Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.

Someone please buy the rights and make either a sequel or a remastered rerelease!
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby Dave2123 » 10 May 2013, 08:44

GHOSTY05 wrote:cell shading - i hate these types of games, and easy way to avoid making decent graphics!

I agree. It's like The Walking Dead; it's point and click and it's shit graphics, why does everyone think it's so good?
Dave2123 29

Postby Metalrodent » 10 May 2013, 08:46

Dave2123 wrote:
GHOSTY05 wrote:cell shading - i hate these types of games, and easy way to avoid making decent graphics!

I agree. It's like The Walking Dead; it's point and click and it's shit graphics, why does everyone think it's so good?

because graphics don't make a game, and cell shaded does not = shit. I mean look at Windwaker, cell shaded and beautiful, and I personally thought TWD games were pretty stylised, the word 'shit' never came to my head
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Postby Drainwater » 10 May 2013, 22:07

CunningSmile wrote:Someone please buy the rights and make either a sequel or a remastered rerelease!

Yes. Sweet baby Jesus yes.
Drainwater 35

Postby dogran » 07 Jul 2013, 00:50

It's easy to say that, but have you ever played 13? The game play was fantastic, the cell shade was the whole idea, it was a graphic novel in a game format.
dogran 2