to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

"Next gen" Watch Dogs gameplay video arrives - six minutes i

Your comments on our articles.

High end PC simulates the majesty of new consoles, supposedly

Ubisoft has released (or at least, neglected to prevent the release of) six whole minutes of Watch Dogs gameplay footage, running on a high end PC that's said to be representative of the power of next generation consoles. Don't be fooled - that may be an Xbox 360 controller the player's using, but the day your current gen console outputs this level of fidelity is the day Atlantis resurfaces, takes flight and conquers the Moon.... read more

Postby Bezza89 » 13 May 2013, 10:52

Do you have to hold the button? That's going to be annoying if so, I know - petty, but come on, everything is mapped to the one button and efficiency wise it seems better to have it as a toggle.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby sargeu » 13 May 2013, 11:01

My thoughts are a little disappointing, from the graphics which are good and i would say 360 quality not high end or next gen,
The first bit of this footage shows him entering the shop and there's a black dude nr the door who gets pushed aside even tho they never even made contact, for me little things like this just seemed to be rushed and if here trying to promote the game or even next gen then there going to have to take more care.
I will deffo be getting this but because the idea is great, i love the open world games like gta and the like, but will be reserving judgement on which format it will be, until the 21st i'm leaning towards Ps4 as i like the features on the game pad but time will tell.............. :shock:
sargeu 9

Re: "Next gen" Watch Dogs gameplay video arrives - six minut

Postby Blackout G83 » 13 May 2013, 11:36

Is this really a high end pc?it looks no better than the 360 to be honest,if this is next gen im very disapointed
Blackout G83 39

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 13 May 2013, 11:39

If this anything this trailer has made me lose interest in this completely. It was very boring and derivative, not one part made me think Id like to play this. I know its built with 2 generations of console in mind but Im not seeing anything very next gen here either.

Potentially the first disappointing and over hyped game of the next gen me thinks.
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby OXM ETboy » 13 May 2013, 11:59

In fairness, the video quality could be better.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby sargeu » 13 May 2013, 12:16

Lets hope the likes of Battlefield 4 and newer games do more to impress, at least i know not to build a high end pc !
If you look at battlefield 3 on y/tube there is no real difference in gameplay if anything the console is smoother to play.
Think watch dogs will be better bought on 360 as the price will be cheaper than new releases of next Gen games.....
sargeu 9

Postby lazercut123 » 13 May 2013, 15:24

Wow this looks pretty good, that bit when the cop car hits the barricade looks amazing.
Some bits look a little lazy like (as someone already mentioned) when that guy is pushed aside when nothing touches him, but overall this is a game I want to buy.
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby PaladinRonin » 13 May 2013, 18:28

It does look good and it's great to see some more gameplay trailers, but my concern is the apprant ease at which you trigger events in the world. It appears as if you just press a button and do somthing with no aparent stats involved.
I'm hoping that stats will be able to influence how you do actions and that failure will be possible.
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 31

Postby xUKDrAGoNBorN » 13 May 2013, 18:33

it is still many months to realease so give them a break they have plenty of time to polish the textures and grathics and sort some of the problems out
xUKDrAGoNBorN 16

Postby Bezza89 » 13 May 2013, 18:47

xUKDrAGoNBorN wrote:it is still many months to realease so give them a break they have plenty of time to polish the textures and grathics and sort some of the problems out

It's a pretty poor quality video in fairness. Actually, I think Ed even said this before. It has a maximum of 720p stream anyway, and the framerate doesn't hold up well cos it's a video. You can see a glimpse now and again of how good it looks, lighting effects and that, as has been said, criticism lies with what we've all been wary of anyway - the similarity to AC, the far too boring one button does all gameplay... you can't go away and polish your entire vision of the game.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby sargeu » 13 May 2013, 19:22

To be Fair the first lot of video's did look more polished than this, but that aside there is things seen in the video's that they just never seem to iron out like collision correction for instance the black guy as mentioned in the new footage that is bumped without being touched, unless its his magic force field phone perk.
Yeah i agree with the comment of how easy it looks, just a press of a button can work everything, still there is nothing out so will still get it, unless something drastic happens....
sargeu 9