to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Metro: Last Light

Your comments on our articles.

Nazis and commies in a nuclear mutant apocalyse. Hit it.

I'm not sure how the writing in Metro games pulls it off. Lines like "Now I am in real spider-infested catacombs, where the general secretary does not look like the head spider" feel like it's been spat contemptuously into a database by a drunk Google Translate. But they're delivered with sincerity in thick Russian accents, and instead of breaking the story, they make your feel like a cultural eavesdropper. It's bad, but it all adds to the alien atmosphere of Metro's apocalypse.... read more

Metro: Last Light

Postby Metalrodent » 13 May 2013, 17:23

another review I read criticised it for turning Artem into an unstoppable killer, with stealth being a fun alternate rather than essential for survival - did you find this?

also is the option to play through the game with russian vocals still there?
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Re: Metro: Last Light

Postby Plamsa wing » 13 May 2013, 18:19

Can you play the game in Russian again? If so, does it feel the same as Metro 2033 in Russian?
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby Shamanix » 13 May 2013, 18:57

Thats it?
is it me or was that a really really short review? was expecting more..... :(
Shamanix 27

Postby fracturedrich » 13 May 2013, 19:02

Russian,with an 8 i will play this game in chinese :) no serious my other half has kindly offer to pick me up the old one on her way back from yonder,so ime going to play that and fingers crossed finish it by friday and get stuck into this badboy.This is on blackouts advice,cant wait.
fracturedrich 47

Postby OXM ETboy » 13 May 2013, 19:04

Shamanix wrote:Thats it?

A review can never be too long, seemingly. :wink:

This was from the mag, where there are limited wordcounts. If there's call for it, I'll see about doing some post-review coverage.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Shamanix » 13 May 2013, 19:24

OXM ETboy wrote:
Shamanix wrote:Thats it?

A review can never be too long, seemingly. :wink:

This was from the mag, where there are limited wordcounts. If there's call for it, I'll see about doing some post-review coverage.

ha cracked me up cheers man thought it might have something to with the mag, is it out now? :D
Shamanix 27

Postby Spiderless » 13 May 2013, 21:50

I for one would like a bit more information, been looking forward to it for ages but the trailers/review haven't really convinced me its much good.

Also, for the love of God, please tell me the inclusion of half-naked dancers isn't as ham-fisted as the screenshots would have me believe...
Spiderless 25

Postby FishyGinger » 14 May 2013, 09:52

Spiderless wrote:I for one would like a bit more information, been looking forward to it for ages but the trailers/review haven't really convinced me its much good.

Also, for the love of God, please tell me the inclusion of half-naked dancers isn't as ham-fisted as the screenshots would have me believe...

According to the Fox review, you kill them for points, twisting your fragile weak mind into that of a hardened murderer.

Me no read review but checked the bullet points to confirm I was going to get this. Loved the first one.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby Metalrodent » 14 May 2013, 10:07

How long is the game? Does it have much in the way of replay value?
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby OXM Log » 14 May 2013, 12:12

Metalrodent wrote:another review I read criticised it for turning Artem into an unstoppable killer, with stealth being a fun alternate rather than essential for survival - did you find this?

also is the option to play through the game with russian vocals still there?

I wouldn't say I found him to be an unstoppable killer at ALL. At the times when you trigger the full alarm, and the door to the room with the armored guys opens, you've got a tough firefight on your hands.

Having said that, I also had a very different experience from another reviewer, who said he was short on ammo, and I never had any issues with low ammo. Then again, I'm a compulsive corpse fondler, and scavenged all the ammo I needed.
OXM Log
OXM Staff

Postby OXM Log » 14 May 2013, 12:14

Metalrodent wrote:How long is the game? Does it have much in the way of replay value?

About as long as the first, around the eight hour mark. As for replay value - only if you want to play on a harder difficulty. There are some collectibles in the form of notes, but not many.
OXM Log
OXM Staff

Postby skinnypigeon » 14 May 2013, 13:40

I absolutely loved the first game. It had such atmosphere and did a great job of capturing the tone of the book (which like the game was poorly translated). Looking forward to picking this one up soon.

Bad choice of screen shots in the main body of the review IMO. They don't really show off the amazing lighting systems or the wonderful world outside of the gloomy metro. Please don't hate me Log. I love you really.
skinnypigeon 14

Postby fracturedrich » 14 May 2013, 17:01

Turns out it is harder to find a copy of the first one round hear than finding a smile on sansa starks face after the news she got last week.I have been everywhere today,online is no good by the time i get it the other one will be out,this has destroyed my plans for the week and well i will have to do the online thing and pick this up in a week or two.
fracturedrich 47

Postby Insaneyokel » 14 May 2013, 20:49

I don't think this is a spoiler but be warned if you are of a sensitive disposition. (In other words am covering my butt don't want to upset anyone)

Just watched the first 45mins, it looks ok, but there are some things that could be slightly annoying. For example, the constant wiping of the gas mask, it looks cool for the first few minutes but as the section carriied on it became very tedious. However, without giving anything away it did grip me :D
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 48

Postby codenamedroid » 15 May 2013, 10:27

For the folk saying they can't find the first game- its only £11.99 on games on demand.
codenamedroid 3

Next