to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

First Defiance DLC to add new species, Sieges, Duels, Battle

Your comments on our articles.

Trion Worlds details mixture of free and paid content

Trion Worlds' MMO shooter Defiance continues to be a Thing, despite significant bugs and mixed reviews. Taking to the Defiance community site, executive producer Nathan Richardsson has addressed the game's on-going technical issues, thanked fans for their support, and outlined plans for future DLC.... read more

First Defiance DLC to add new species, Sieges, Duels, Battle

Postby Crisco » 13 May 2013, 18:05

Sounds like they've put a fair amount of effort in. I'm guessing that with the character customisation you can do it on the fly or at certain places (vendors or where ever)? I doubt I'll ever start a new character but if the paid DLC has enough to keep me entertained I might get it.
Being good at stuff is overrated. Probably.
Gamertag: Super Crisco
Crisco 45

Re: First Defiance DLC to add new species, Sieges, Duels, Ba

Postby Decent_Jam » 14 May 2013, 10:38

There's little to compel you to start another character at the moment, since the game is sluggish to start as it is, so it will be interesting to see how many people do go for it.

I for one have been enjoying the game (when people haven't distract me with bizarrely more social pursuits such as Minecraft) and I think it has a lot of potential to really grow, fingers crossed they take it.

At the moment I just need to boost my character's level up a bit, it would be useful to get some credits which you don't have to pay for to put towards boosts, but there seems to be no in-game way of acquiring these.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Watch Dogs, TF, BF4, KI, Forza 5 - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 61

Postby xUKDrAGoNBorN » 14 May 2013, 12:41

atleast i can now change my name to something diffrent because my friend payed me 10000 script to name my player a stupid name a stupid name
xUKDrAGoNBorN 16

Postby FishyGinger » 14 May 2013, 13:16

xUKDrAGoNBorN wrote:atleast i can now change my name to something diffrent because my friend payed me 10000 script to name my player a stupid name a stupid name

Did it have daft alternating capital letters?
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby delpoi » 14 May 2013, 16:56

I love this game and am sick of websites reviewers and even people giving it such a hard time at the end of the day its the first proper MMO on the xbox aside from the crappy final fantasy attempt i love watching the show and playing the game its a bold venture and they have pulled it off i am for one pleased someone had the b@lls to do this in the first place :mrgreen:
delpoi 40

Postby Metonicus » 29 May 2013, 15:32

Defiance surprised me. It does have a shallow storyline, but I had no clue what was happening in Halo until my second time through. Gulty Spark just confused me. I'm having a ton of fun playing Defiance, and I'm trying to catch up to the show. I can spend hours sniping, and if I get tired of sniping, switch to SMGs or Missle Launchers. There's a lot more I'd do, but they're adding some cool stuff in the mean time. I'm looking forward to some vehicle based missions even though they just weakened the ramming abilitis. I'd like to see motorcycles so I can start a Biker Clan (they're in the show). Clan houses would be cool with Clan vendors for trading within the Clan when members are off line. I'd also like more than two items of clothing. Some mix match would be fun so everyone doesn't look so much alike. This game is groundbreaking. The MMO FSPs that will follow this will be awesome. This one is a great experiment to see what works and doesn't work. If this dies (klnock on wood) we may be missing out on a spectacular future in gaming.
Metonicus 1