to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Has Rainbow 6 Patriots been cancelled? Gamestop stops pre-or

Your comments on our articles.

Complete project reboot also possible

Bad news, fans of highly coordinated assaults on terrorist-infested complexes. Gamestop has delisted Rainbow 6: Patriots and is no longer taking preorders for the game, implying that Ubisoft has canned it.... read more

Has Rainbow 6 Patriots been cancelled? Gamestop stops pre-or

Postby Bezza89 » 17 May 2013, 11:22

Worth mentioning the lead people on the game were 'let go' off the project in 2012, though I think I read that on Wikipedia ages ago...
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Re: Has Rainbow 6 Patriots been cancelled? Gamestop stops pr

Postby Metalrodent » 17 May 2013, 11:33

probably got cancelled cause they were terrified that the american market wouldn't buy the game cause it had americans as bad guys :roll:

on a serious note i do hope it hasn't been cancelled, it looked like it had plenty of promise
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 17 May 2013, 11:46

Speaking of the Xbox reveal, have you heard anymore details of what we can expect or even what your own expectations for it are?
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby CunningSmile » 17 May 2013, 11:50

Johnbhoy69 wrote:Speaking of the Xbox reveal, have you heard anymore details of what we can expect or even what your own expectations for it are?

I don't think there has been anything else as I've not seen anything on here or elsewhere on the web. I suspect that MS are keeping as tight a lock on security in the lead up as possible in order to make a bigger impact.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Jalyx » 17 May 2013, 11:59

I read elsewhere that Ubisoft has in progress 'a new entry in a AAA franchise and a completely new brand' for release in 2013. Given their main AAA franchises are Assassin' Creed, Far Cry, Prince of Persia, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Watch Dogs and Rainbow Six - and WD, AC IV, and SC are due to be released already, FC 3 was released late last year, I think it is fairly safe to assume that this new entry is either PoP, GR or RS (which may be the link to a reboot or some-such). Any of which I am fine by :D . Also - the quote above was taken from an article from yesterday, which is a bit of a timing coincidence with this, don't ya think? Unless it's a Just Dance game. Then I may cry / die. :(
Jalyx 12

Postby CunningSmile » 17 May 2013, 12:08

Jalyx wrote:I read elsewhere that Ubisoft has in progress 'a new entry in a AAA franchise and a completely new brand' for release in 2013. Given their main AAA franchises are Assassin' Creed, Far Cry, Prince of Persia, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Watch Dogs and Rainbow Six - and WD, AC IV, and SC are due to be released already, FC 3 was released late last year, I think it is fairly safe to assume that this new entry is either PoP, GR or RS (which may be the link to a reboot or some-such). Any of which I am fine by :D . Also - the quote above was taken from an article from yesterday, which is a bit of a timing coincidence with this, don't ya think? Unless it's a Just Dance game. Then I may cry / die. :(

There have already been a few leaked screen shots for what looked like a reboot Prince of Persia game so I hope you like climbing puzzles. At least it's not Just Dance.
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 17 May 2013, 12:46

CunningSmile wrote:
Johnbhoy69 wrote:Speaking of the Xbox reveal, have you heard anymore details of what we can expect or even what your own expectations for it are?

I don't think there has been anything else as I've not seen anything on here or elsewhere on the web. I suspect that MS are keeping as tight a lock on security in the lead up as possible in order to make a bigger impact.

Lets just hope the first hour isn't trying to sell us on Kinect 2.0 :lol:
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby CunningSmile » 17 May 2013, 13:05

Nah, that'll be the second hour :wink:
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby sampsondw » 17 May 2013, 14:08

If this really is dropped, I will lose faith in Ubisoft. Rainbow six is a terrific series, as are the other Tom Clancy franchises, but Ubisoft dicks around with them something fierce. Is it so much to ask for them to take their OWN franchises seriously? :(
"It's only Illegall if you get caught"
-Armand Christophe, Oblivion
sampsondw 12

Postby SidTheSloth » 17 May 2013, 18:40

Can't say i'm too surprised (if it has been pulled), they've been suspiciously quiet for ages... :( Shame really, it's one of the few shooters i enjoy - although there's no saying i'd have enjoyed this of course!

Seems like my hopes for a 'thinking-shooter' may rest with the bureau/XCOM thing, just get the faintest whiff of 'syndicate syndrome' with that though, in that it sounds better than it'll be. Seem to remember Aoife mentioning things like cover being too 'sticky' in the preview, bit of a shit for one of the games primary characteristics - bit like playing fifa with an anvil instead of a ball? :|
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54