to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo 4 CGI director on what the next gen Xbox bodes for stor

Your comments on our articles.

"To be honest we've been expecting cutscenes to move to real-time engines for many years now."

Some people think non-interactive cutscenes have no place in videogames, that they're a "lazy" capitulation to older media. Axis Animations director Stuart Aitken says different. Speaking to OXM in our latest issue, on sale now, Aitken spoke out against the detractors, and discussed how the relationship between static and interactive entertainment may evolve next gen.... read more

Halo 4 CGI director on what the next gen Xbox bodes for stor

Postby xPearse » 17 May 2013, 16:10

Halo 4 spartan ops sucked the big one, the cutscenes were cgi even though the previous halo games were all ingame. Thanks for going against what I liked about halo games. Halo 4 was an utter disappointment which has shamed the series even more since the bomb that was halo reach. I also found the cgi to be very ugly, it looked cheap and the faces looked like they just face scanned peoples faces and used them as the 3d models texture.
xPearse 26

Re: Halo 4 CGI director on what the next gen Xbox bodes for

Postby Thos. » 17 May 2013, 16:25

Wow I'd never seen that Spartan Ops film before. That is the funniest thing I've seen all week. It's so bad!
Thos. 43

Postby Droidsbane » 17 May 2013, 16:33

Im not fond of Spartan ops especially of Commander Palmer with her, "hurr hurr Sehrten's r te greetest, lets shoot Halsey the mother of the spertun program Hurr Hurr" I hope they either scrap the character or throw her out an airlock for Halo 5.
Droidsbane 33

Postby krisskross » 18 May 2013, 09:46

Let's all be brutally honest here. If you didn't get shivers all across your body on Halo 4 when Chief stands up to Captain Del Rio then you shouldn't really be commenting. I love Halo's cutscenes, they give Master Chief an almost mythic property, I hope they keep them as they're so well done! I have no problem with cutscenes in games to be honest at least if you want to pay attention to the story then you aren't distracted by the temptation to move your character around! So excited for Halo 5
krisskross 21

Postby xPearse » 18 May 2013, 15:16

krisskross wrote:Let's all be brutally honest here. If you didn't get shivers all across your body on Halo 4 when Chief stands up to Captain Del Rio then you shouldn't really be commenting. I love Halo's cutscenes, they give Master Chief an almost mythic property, I hope they keep them as they're so well done! I have no problem with cutscenes in games to be honest at least if you want to pay attention to the story then you aren't distracted by the temptation to move your character around! So excited for Halo 5

Fanboy, a real halo fan is the one who can accept that the series has gone down the drain and is also one to give constructive criticism even if everyone say's your wrong. Even halo 2 and 3 had problems with them but mostly nobody mentions it, where the assault rifle in halo 2 and why in halo 3 does the prophet of truth take a 180 turn in his personality from being a john hurt type voice actor to a bogeyman who jump scares and hijacks the monitors on earth. 2 and 3 are still good but have their problems with bungie should have seen while in development.
xPearse 26

Postby Droidsbane » 18 May 2013, 18:29

xPearse wrote:
krisskross wrote:Let's all be brutally honest here. If you didn't get shivers all across your body on Halo 4 when Chief stands up to Captain Del Rio then you shouldn't really be commenting. I love Halo's cutscenes, they give Master Chief an almost mythic property, I hope they keep them as they're so well done! I have no problem with cutscenes in games to be honest at least if you want to pay attention to the story then you aren't distracted by the temptation to move your character around! So excited for Halo 5

Fanboy, a real halo fan is the one who can accept that the series has gone down the drain and is also one to give constructive criticism even if everyone say's your wrong. Even halo 2 and 3 had problems with them but mostly nobody mentions it, where the assault rifle in halo 2 and why in halo 3 does the prophet of truth take a 180 turn in his personality from being a john hurt type voice actor to a bogeyman who jump scares and hijacks the monitors on earth. 2 and 3 are still good but have their problems with bungie should have seen while in development.

exactly, Its okay to talk about a games faults and still be considered a fan, I have this exact problem with a friend, every time im the least bit critical of Mass effect he childishly starts going on and on about how hes 'the bigger fan' because he buys all the comics and doesn't think theres anything wrong with any of the games, it gets annoying real fast.

In my opinion the campaign for Halo 4 was pretty good outside of the Chief forgetting how to duel wield, but everything seems to have taken a step backwards and the Multiplayers has strayed towards COD territory, and I don't like what Spartan ops is doing with the story.
Droidsbane 33

Postby xPearse » 18 May 2013, 21:32

A big problem I had with halo 4 was the story, it was really trashy. They say that humans come from another galaxy and that they brought the flood to the milky way and then fought a war with the forerunner that resulted in the humans losing and being put on what we now know as earth. Rage rage and more rage, it goes against anything logical and when you played the previous games did you think that's what it was.

They can kiss my ass because I bought every halo game up to now but im fed up with it all and im not buying halo 5, been a halo fan since 2006 but now I hate it's guts. Prometheans are lame and they are forerunners who failed to transsend but got they back and had to put them in those forms, so what they fail so you turn them into shock troops and create random robot dogs and such to help them in battle. Did I mention I hate halo 4.
xPearse 26

Postby Metalrodent » 19 May 2013, 16:19

xPearse wrote:Did I mention I hate halo 4.

oh we've had experience with Halo 4 haters before...
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby xPearse » 19 May 2013, 16:35

Metalrodent wrote:
xPearse wrote:Did I mention I hate halo 4.

oh we've had experience with Halo 4 haters before...

And for good reasons.
xPearse 26

Postby jehuty35 » 19 May 2013, 17:56

Halo 4 makes alot of sense if you read or have read the forerunner trilogy by greg bear. Halo 4 is the start of the reclaimer saga & I am looking forward to the next instalment. I loved the spartan ops episodes, for me they were kind of an interlude to progress the story, again if you have read the books it makes sense, it does for me. I liked halo 4 alot but the multiplayer wore off after a while though.
I Want to know the TRUTH!
jehuty35 14

Postby Metalrodent » 19 May 2013, 18:13

jehuty35 wrote:Halo 4 makes alot of sense if you read or have read the forerunner trilogy by greg bear.

also the Kilo 5 trilogy by Karen Traviss.

Now luckily I like the Halo books, and I like Halo 4 - but a game that requires you to read 6 (also knowing Ghots of Onyx also helps, so thats 7) books to understand it's plot is not the greatest idea for attracting casual/new fans
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Decent_Jam » 19 May 2013, 22:15

I enjoyed Spartan Ops (well, got up to and past 5 so far in reality), and it is an interesting experiment. I agree the scenes look good, though they should have got the Rooster Teeth guys in with how much fun and impressive looking the latest Red vs Blue series was.

It's a good toe in the water in terms of a game mode, but they need to go further and commit more. Too many repeated locations and not able to watch the videos when in a party? Foolish mistake to create that hassle for players when single player cutscenes work fine in coop.

Overall I enjoyed Halo 4 and the multiplayer continues to be good, but I can't say I've played or had as much fun with it as I have previous instalments.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58