to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Live update: what's new this week?

Your comments on our articles.

Gunslinger, Batgirl, Dark Souls deals and more

There's some kind of Xbox-related to-do this week, but if you have a few moments to spare outside of frantically refreshing our constantly updating newsfeed and fancy new liveblog, consider perusing this week's list of What's New.... read more

Postby samuel6885 » 20 May 2013, 18:12

Where's sanctum 2 on the live market? I was looking forward to that. :cry:
samuel6885 29

Postby sonicmark » 20 May 2013, 18:14

Some not bad things on offer but was hoping for a price reduction for Vergil's downfall DLC and the Injustice season pass.
sonicmark 28

Re: Xbox Live update: what's new this week?

Postby Crisco » 20 May 2013, 18:37

I'll probably buy Puzzle Quest Challenge of the Warlords and maybe Alan Wake. Even though I have a bajillion games I'm yet to finish.
Being good at stuff is overrated. Probably.
Gamertag: Super Crisco
Crisco 47

Postby SidTheSloth » 20 May 2013, 18:42

There was someone asking about Alan Wake being on sale literally days ago - anyone remember who it was? Hope they see this in any case!! :)
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby fracturedrich » 20 May 2013, 19:34

sonicmark wrote:Some not bad things on offer but was hoping for a price reduction for Vergil's downfall DLC and the Injustice season pass.

Injustice season pass went on sale now i would go mad,it is not going to happen not before they release the rest of dlc,bat girl tomorrow mav,are you ready.
fracturedrich 47

Postby FishyGinger » 20 May 2013, 19:37

Think that was Itchy.

Nothing much there for me sadly but that's probably a good thing.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby sonicmark » 20 May 2013, 21:08

fracturedrich wrote:
sonicmark wrote:Some not bad things on offer but was hoping for a price reduction for Vergil's downfall DLC and the Injustice season pass.

Injustice season pass went on sale now i would go mad,it is not going to happen not before they release the rest of dlc,bat girl tomorrow mav,are you ready.

Oh yeah, I never thought of that.
sonicmark 28

Postby msbhvn » 20 May 2013, 22:22

I've seen a couple of the Season Passes go on offer before all of the included DLC is out. I might be wrong but wasn't Borderlands 2's Season Pass in the Christmas Sale? Agree it's way too early for Injustice's SP to be on offer, though.

I've been waiting for Artorias of the Abyss to go on offer, so I'm on that like cops on donuts. It'll give me an excuse to play Dark Souls again after finishing it on PC.

Is it almost time for the Xbox reveal already? Where does the time go? :shock:
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby CunningSmile » 21 May 2013, 09:52

Yeah it was Itchy looking to get Alan Wake American Nightmare, with any luck that'll be included in the Alan Wake sale. I'll PM him to make sure he's noticed.

EDIT: I've sent Itchy a message, but it seems to be sitting in my Outbox instead of my send folder. Is this normal?
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby SidTheSloth » 21 May 2013, 10:15

CunningSmile wrote:Yeah it was Itchy looking to get Alan Wake American Nightmare, with any luck that'll be included in the Alan Wake sale. I'll PM him to make sure he's noticed.

EDIT: I've sent Itchy a message, but it seems to be sitting in my Outbox instead of my send folder. Is this normal?

Yup, changes once they've read it. Means you can edit/delete it up till then too.
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby ItchyRash » 21 May 2013, 10:55

CunningSmile wrote:Yeah it was Itchy looking to get Alan Wake American Nightmare, with any luck that'll be included in the Alan Wake sale. I'll PM him to make sure he's noticed.

Cheers boys. Only just noticed this now. Hopefully won't have to keep posting in these articles forever asking about American Nightmare. It better not just be main game DLC though.

Possible evidence to support the theory that these forums have magical powers or proof that you just need some patience.

EDIT: Can confirm I'm now the proud owner of American Nightmare for only 320 points. Hope it's been worth the wait. Now just need to find time to play it in between Crysis 3, Metro, Tomb Raider, Bioshock, Rage, Halo 4, Skyrim DLC, Dead Space 3, Mass effect DLC. Oh why did I even bother buying it!!!!
ItchyRash 43

Postby CunningSmile » 21 May 2013, 11:11

ItchyRash wrote:EDIT: Can confirm I'm now the proud owner of American Nightmare for only 320 points. Hope it's been worth the wait. Now just need to find time to play it in between Crysis 3, Metro, Tomb Raider, Bioshock, Rage, Halo 4, Skyrim DLC, Dead Space 3, Mass effect DLC. Oh why did I even bother buying it!!!!

It's a fun little game, if a little different from the main game (more action orientated, more B movie than Stephen King) but definately worth 320 points. That's what? About £2?
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby ItchyRash » 21 May 2013, 11:29

CunningSmile wrote:It's a fun little game, if a little different from the main game (more action orientated, more B movie than Stephen King) but definately worth 320 points. That's what? About £2?

Certainly can't complain at that price and Alan Wake was one of my favourites so happy even if it's more of the same. I just keep picking up cut price DLC in all these sales and now have no idea when i'll get round to it all. Plenty of time before GTA though and not much on the horizon game wise over summer so I'll hopefully power through my pile.
ItchyRash 43

Postby Rista B » 23 May 2013, 17:12

Picked up American Nightmare this week, will pick up the Dark Souls DLC next week. I'm really going to have to quit my job and devote myself to gaming full time. This whole work & parenting thing is taking up entirely too much of my gaming time.
Rista B 13

Postby Rista B » 23 May 2013, 17:16

ItchyRash wrote:

Cheers boys. Only just noticed this now. Hopefully won't have to keep posting in these articles forever asking about American Nightmare. It better not just be main game DLC though.

Possible evidence to support the theory that these forums have magical powers or proof that you just need some patience.

EDIT: Can confirm I'm now the proud owner of American Nightmare for only 320 points. Hope it's been worth the wait. Now just need to find time to play it in between Crysis 3, Metro, Tomb Raider, Bioshock, Rage, Halo 4, Skyrim DLC, Dead Space 3, Mass effect DLC. Oh why did I even bother buying it!!!!

Well you could definitely put Rage at the bottom of your list. Gorgeous game with tons of potential but overall ends up feeling fairly generic. Not that I'm one to talk, my backlog is so long I'd get banned for posting it. I do take some solace in knowing that I'm making decent progress on the Skyrim DLC. Now...just waiting for that long awaited sale on the last two pieces of ME 3 DLC.

I think I may need an intervention! :lol:
Rista B 13

Next