to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft: Xbox One reveal "probably didn't show as many gam

Your comments on our articles.

But E3 "will be almost all gaming"

Microsoft's Aaron Greenburg has admitted the company didn't show its full gaming lineup at its exclusive Xbox reveal event, but says it'll blow you away at E3.... read more

Postby Tug » 21 May 2013, 20:11

Sooooooooooo. The big question is: is it better than the PS4?
Tug 27

Postby Metalrodent » 21 May 2013, 20:13

funny how they admit that after the internet erupts into a shitstorm
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Re: Microsoft: Xbox One reveal "probably didn't show as many

Postby Fionarei » 21 May 2013, 20:24

Sony: Show games. No console.
MS: Show console. no games.
Fionarei 13

Postby Thos. » 21 May 2013, 20:26

Metalrodent wrote:funny how they admit that after the internet erupts into a shitstorm

This quote is from a month ago. Admittedly the headline is misleading, but "Month old quote" doesn't get the traffic...
Thos. 46

Postby techn0t0ne » 21 May 2013, 20:38

This was a console reveal not a games showcase.

They obvioulsy want to hold they majority or the WOW stuff for e3 and make sure they steal the show.
techn0t0ne 17

Postby Windowlicker79 » 21 May 2013, 20:56

techn0t0ne wrote:This was a console reveal not a games showcase.

They obviously want to hold they majority or the WOW stuff for e3 and make sure they steal the show.

I'm glad I'm not the only person intelligent enough to understand this. I think it was a great reveal that focused on the innovations with the hardware. If anything this will just give them more time for games at E3, which can only be a good thing.
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 55

Postby Grummy » 21 May 2013, 22:04

Windowlicker79 wrote:

They obviously want to hold they majority or the WOW stuff for e3 and make sure they steal the show.

I'm glad I'm not the only person intelligent enough to understand this. I think it was a great reveal that focused on the innovations with the hardware. If anything this will just give them more time for games at E3, which can only be a good thing.

Typical apologist bullshit.

Wonderful, you show off a new lovely console and talk a big game about all the things it can do and then you don't show it off at all. All it really showed in an hour is faster kinect integration and new features. Great, I'm all for that, but they talked up how much this new tech will affect games and don't show it off? To hell with it being a console reveal and not a games showcase, without games to show, we can't see what it's doing it's all words, there is no evidence that the console is good and can do the things it says it can do.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Pompey78 » 21 May 2013, 22:31

There's also no evidence the PS4 can do what it states it can do so why get upset because we've not been shown everything in development on day one? Neither console has been released, neither console has had physical hand's on time with players. Christ the PS4 doesn't even exist in finished physical form yet.

I'm betting the PS4 will be smaller and nicer to look at but I can't give a monkeys about that, what will drive my decision to buy are the games, interactive media functions, cost and online multiplayer etc.

Just because we only saw a couple of game trailers with no in game footage shouldn't be a deal breaker...yet. E3 is just a couple of weeks away when they've already stated they will focus on the games.

highest number of exlusives Microsoft have ever had at once, highest number of first party games in development at anyone time....and some of us are worried there won't be any games for this games console ! Give me a break.

This machine is a multimedia console as per the 360. I hope the dashboard or whatever it is won't be quite so ad heavy and will be customisable so you have what you want where you want it to save having to dig around in sub menus.

That said it looks promising, lets wait and see what E3 brings.
Gamertag MattHayward
Getting my kids into gaming to justify an Xbox One purchase :)
Pompey78 33

Postby steve_2003 » 21 May 2013, 22:50

Windowlicker79 wrote:

No there's quite few of us, we're just more patient and are ready to see the games at the 'Games' show, not the 'Hardware' reveal. :roll:
steve_2003 64

Postby Roland of Gilead » 22 May 2013, 08:01

The clue was in the name of the app, reveal name, and hashtag. they revealed the Xbox One. It wasn't called 'The Xbox One Games Reveal'. I'm seeing so many people whining across the boards, it's pretty annoying. The whole point of the reveal was to whet our appetites for whats going to be a brilliant E3. I can't wait.

When did the xbox community stop being a bunch of over excited kids, and turn into a load of moaning old women?! Have we been spoilt over the last 6-7 years to a degree that every single individual feels its their right to have exactly what they want when they want it?

As for moaning about kinnect, I think its time to put up with it or move on. They've invested a lot into it, so I doubt its going anywhere any time soon. The fact is, there's not enough buttons on the controller for all the functions the new console has. I have to admit, I stopped liking Kinnect as soon as I handed over the money for it (my wife wanted it), but I truly think they've taken the feedback, and will be using it to its full effect now.
Roland of Gilead 15

Postby CunningSmile » 22 May 2013, 09:23

There's also the fact if MS had spend the whole hour talking about the games they have lined up they would have royally pissed off Activision, EA and Ubi who would show up to E3 in a few weeks and walk onto a stage to announce "Sorry nothing new, please see the Gertrude* announcement."

* Still a better name than the Xbox One
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby ipsofacto » 22 May 2013, 10:02

Windowlicker79 wrote:

They should have just revealed at E3 seeing as all yesterday has done is piss everyone off. If they revealed at E3, we'd all be impressed by what it can do but as a background thing to how great all the games are. It's a games console and they didn't speak about anything like that except the two we all knew were coming.
The best thing about the 360 was that it was all about gaming. I'm fine with them adding stuff to make it more of a system.. whatever.. but you can't just put games to one side. They've completely lost is by not having backwards compatibility and blocking used games.
I didn't know they'd pushed the reveal back to compete with the PS4. Kinda funny though... makes you wonder what they could possibly have added! The PS4 has used games and is marketing it as the console for the Hardcore fanbase. E3 will have to be something pretty special to save this in my opinion.
ipsofacto 46

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 22 May 2013, 11:25

As disappointed as I was with the reveal, The thing that got me most was the amount of focus on sports. I'm an active guy, I go to gym few times a week and ran in a local marathon a few weeks ago. If I want to play football...Ill go outside and do so.

Ive never really understood why people who are physically able to play sports, play sports games instead. I dont play sports games, I find them boring. I play games for escapism not realism. I was hoping for some kind of New RPG or action action/adventure game to be revealed yesterday.

Currently, I'm more than happy to stick with my Xbox360 for another year or so, nothing that was talked about at the reveal made me want Xbox One.

All I can say is all eyes will be on Microsoft at E3, they've promised big things with their exclusives and new IP's so here's hoping they can deliver.
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby Ghostwriter » 22 May 2013, 11:31

I just hope they dont spend half of their E3 conference going over the stuff the they announced yesterday. Thats what they did with the Kinect, it had its own dedicated showing the night before E3 then the next morning they spent most of their conference recapping what they'd said the night before. So in 3 weeks time I do not want to hear about the nfl, fantasy teams, halo tv or watching a film while Skyping a friend. We know that stuff now, they don't need to repeat it, just show me some games!
Ghostwriter 10

Postby schwepterbrowser » 22 May 2013, 11:41

Windowlicker79 wrote:

steve_2003 wrote:No there's quite few of us, we're just more patient and are ready to see the games at the 'Games' show, not the 'Hardware' reveal. :roll:

I'm in this camp. The reveal was exactly what I expected - hardware and multimedia - E3 will be about the games.
schwepterbrowser 57

Next