to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

First Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox One screenshots arrive - it'

Your comments on our articles.

Check out sparkly in-game jungles, ocean beds

Activision has rolled out a few Call of Duty: Ghosts screenshots to compliment today's #XboxReveal gameplay trailer, which I've also posted below. It dang near killed my browser getting hold of them, so make sure you linger over the fine details. Of which there are many. Looks like Battlefield 4 has competition.... read more

First Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox One screenshots arrive - it'

Postby DonkeyWaffles » 22 May 2013, 00:52

If the dog dies during the game, I will kill someone at Activision. :P
We can stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I'm making waffles! :D
DonkeyWaffles 30

Re: First Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox One screenshots arrive -

Postby Crisco » 22 May 2013, 03:32

DonkeyWaffles wrote:If the dog dies during the game, I will kill someone at Activision. :P

Now that you mention it, I'm very aware that they do have a habit of occasionally killing main characters in the COD games. It could well happen.
Being good at stuff is overrated. Probably.
Gamertag: Super Crisco
Crisco 40

Postby Mendes » 22 May 2013, 08:40

Crisco wrote:
DonkeyWaffles wrote:If the dog dies during the game, I will kill someone at Activision. :P

Now that you mention it, I'm very aware that they do have a habit of occasionally killing main characters in the COD games. It could well happen.

Come one, of course the bloody dog will die! Or there'll be a a couple of levels where there's the threat of it happening and against your better judgement and direct orders you infiltrate, in the dead of night using the most advanced night vision technology the american military have, enemy territory to save the poor mutt.

That's why Activision have hired a top writer, to inject 'real emotion' in to the storyline!!!

Or maybe they'll give you the option of being a b*stard and allow you to strap C4 to him before sending him in to an enemy filled bunker! "Arriba arriba!!!! Los Bombas Perros!!!!!!!" Now THAT would be emotional!

What I'd prefer to know would be whether the environments / buildings are destructable, and before I'm accused of not paying attention to the presentation, I'm not talking about a load of logs rolling down a hill and blocking a path, Crysis had them 6 years ago.

Am I COD cynic? You betcha!

Don't get me wrong, it did look quite good, first time I've said that about COD in a while... but that dog will die.
Mendes 34

Postby Gazisdaman » 22 May 2013, 09:26

As far as I can tell this is set in a post apocalyptic world and the big shocker is that america is no longer the ultimate power in the universe, which if I remember wasn't the case anyway because Russia was seemingly able to single handedly fight the USA and the whole of Europe at the same time and was winning in MW3. All the while I'm thinking that this should be copyright infringement of the Ghost Recon series and they could have come up with an original name for their special forces group.
Gazisdaman 35