to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One prices and preorder options: GAME and Zavvi compete

Your comments on our articles.

Provisional sum set at £399.99, subject to change

Most of us are still busy digesting all the facts and figures from the Xbox One reveal. However, if you're positively sold already and want to secure your console now, there are a few places you can visit.... read more

Xbox One prices and preorder options: GAME and Zavvi compete

Postby groovingreg » 22 May 2013, 10:09

Is this a bloody joke? A console I can't share with the Missus cos of that twatty connect ( spelt correctly ). Games that probably cost twenty quid more than the pc brethren and prob twenty to thirty quid more for the digital version, that if I would like to lend my kid will prob cost another charge. All for £400? £400 will buy me a ps4. The idea of a company with a camera in every house should scare you. The thought of personal licensees should alarm you. I want to play games, not worry about who is watching me, I didn't buy connect as it is shit forcing it down my throat makes me sick. Sorry but ps4, games not jumped up office geeks with buzz words. :evil:
groovingreg 2

Re: Xbox One prices and preorder options: GAME and Zavvi com

Postby MichaelCJD » 22 May 2013, 10:20

Actually its called KINECT because of KINETIC ENERGY!!
MichaelCJD 25

Postby Captain_Chao5 » 22 May 2013, 10:23

MichaelCJD wrote:Actually its called KINECT because of KINETIC ENERGY!!

We called ours Kin-shite as it's never been as good as M$ promised it would be. Now they are forcing the second edition on customers as it probably wouldn't sell.
"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864

GT = Captain Chao5 on Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Captain_Chao5 52

Postby CunningSmile » 22 May 2013, 11:28

groovingreg wrote:Is this a bloody joke? A console I can't share with the Missus cos of that twatty connect ( spelt correctly ). Games that probably cost twenty quid more than the pc brethren and prob twenty to thirty quid more for the digital version, that if I would like to lend my kid will prob cost another charge. All for £400? £400 will buy me a ps4. The idea of a company with a camera in every house should scare you. The thought of personal licensees should alarm you. I want to play games, not worry about who is watching me, I didn't buy connect as it is shit forcing it down my throat makes me sick. Sorry but ps4, games not jumped up office geeks with buzz words. :evil:

Where does anything say you can't share it with your missus? Kinect (spelt correctly as Mike points out, it's from the Greek Kinesis meaning movement, portmanteaud with the word connect) recognises you and will log you on, but a) they never said it would log you off again and turn off the second some else walks in the room and b) You can have multiple profiles on your console if your missus wants to play by herself. Neither of these things have changed from the current generation. The current Kinect was supposed to do this, although it never worked well, and I've currently got 6 profiles on my console including one that belongs to the dog. Plus the PS4 comes with a camera, and although they haven't mentioned any locks on preowned they also haven't said there aren't any. You're accusing MS of conspiracy stuff that Sony are probably doing as well.

On topic: By the time the competition kicks in the retailers will lower the price, or bundle so many games and extras in that £399 will change. I'm pretty certain I paid £325 for my 360 at launch, so adjust for 7 years worth of the changing value of money £399 actually works out cheaper.
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby GHOSTY05 » 22 May 2013, 11:53

Im sure the price will reduce to around £350.00 aswell.

But where are the so called cheaper options that subsidise the price of the console with a 2 year subscription, have these been announced yet or is it too soon?

Im sure the American market will only be paying $300 whilst we are shafted with a £350-£400 price tag, as we are normaly in this country.

Who knows?.. personally speaking i am going to to wait before pre-ordering anything, the better deals with games will show up before or just after christmas.

Once i have GTA5 on my 360 i will be in no rush to upgrade, especially as i cant play it on the new console.
GHOSTY05 39

Postby CadX » 22 May 2013, 12:09

GHOSTY05 wrote:Im sure the price will reduce to around £350.00 aswell.

But where are the so called cheaper options that subsidise the price of the console with a 2 year subscription, have these been announced yet or is it too soon?

Im sure the American market will only be paying $300 whilst we are shafted with a £350-£400 price tag, as we are normaly in this country.

Who knows?.. personally speaking i am going to to wait before pre-ordering anything, the better deals with games will show up before or just after christmas.

Once i have GTA5 on my 360 i will be in no rush to upgrade, especially as i cant play it on the new console.

The subscription model was just a rumor at the moment, but they could mention something at E3. Also I have a sad feeling that Rockstar Games have delayed GTA5 not because they wanted to polish it, and make it 'the best it could possibly be', but because of the PS4 and the Xbox One release, fingers crossed it'll be released on both generations. I think on the new generation consoles the game might be significantly better as well :|
CadX 21

Postby Dave GD78 » 22 May 2013, 12:36

you can play on the same console...

its the same as it is now.. when you purchase the game for the Xbox One, you will be able to play it on your console, as would your missus. Since its licensed to the first console its activated on.

My only concern is if you have to replace the console.. can you transfer licenses like you can with the current 360.

I hate the way you have to use Kinect, its forced upon you.
Dave GD78 23

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 22 May 2013, 13:11

Dave GD78 wrote:you can play on the same console...

its the same as it is now.. when you purchase the game for the Xbox One, you will be able to play it on your console, as would your missus. Since its licensed to the first console its activated on.

My only concern is if you have to replace the console.. can you transfer licenses like you can with the current 360.

I hate the way you have to use Kinect, its forced upon you.

It's not the same as it is now, because the game will be locked to the profile/console, so, for example, I won't be able to lend my One game to my son to play on his profile on his console, as I can do now with my current 360 games.

As for the licences, you will probably find that it will be just like when you replace a 360, all you will need to do is go to your profile history and re-download the content/licence.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby msbhvn » 22 May 2013, 13:20

Has anyone thought about the family Live thing? I forget what the proper name for it is. Maybe MS could have you register games and all gamertags under the family deal will have access. I can't imagine MS would want to screw over people who have multiple consoles under the same roof.

EDIT: It's called Xbox Live Family Pack and already allows for sharing MS points, so sharing game licences wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby CunningSmile » 22 May 2013, 13:52

msbhvn wrote:Has anyone thought about the family Live thing? I forget what the proper name for it is. Maybe MS could have you register games and all gamertags under the family deal will have access. I can't imagine MS would want to screw over people who have multiple consoles under the same roof.

EDIT: It's called Xbox Live Family Pack and already allows for sharing MS points, so sharing game licences wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Good point, but a bit pricy if you only want two Gold memberships.

I suspect that either this whole thing will be dropped before launch (not the first time MS have turned around and basically said "No idea what you're talking about, we never said that.") or just like other MS software products it'll suddenly morph to allow 3-5 licenses.
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 23 May 2013, 11:02

CunningSmile wrote:
msbhvn wrote:Has anyone thought about the family Live thing? I forget what the proper name for it is. Maybe MS could have you register games and all gamertags under the family deal will have access. I can't imagine MS would want to screw over people who have multiple consoles under the same roof.

Good point, but a bit pricy if you only want two Gold memberships.

I suspect that either this whole thing will be dropped before launch (not the first time MS have turned around and basically said "No idea what you're talking about, we never said that.") or just like other MS software products it'll suddenly morph to allow 3-5 licenses.

Well, msbhvn, I think you're right that it would have worked, but as I said previously, the Family Packs have been cancelled, though obviously they could be reinstated.

And Cunning, actually the Family Pack cost about the same as 2 individual Gold accounts, but gave you 4! But it's been cancelled...! :mrgreen:
AllusiveTurtle 44