to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

"Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vibran

Your comments on our articles.

"I think it will surprise people," says Phil Spencer

Microsoft Game Studios exec Phil Spencer has declared that the company will continue to support the Xbox 360 platform for "years to come," despite revealing its long-term next generation plans yesterday with Xbox One.... read more

"Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vibran

Postby Grummy » 22 May 2013, 15:55

A pessimistic view? This explains why the 1 reveal last night was so pro-multimedia, they're going to announce continued games support for 360 for another 5 years, letting them build the 1 as the multimedia set box instead. In short, the 1 isn't meant to be a games console and gaming for Xbox is kept primarily to 360.

I don't believe such will be the case personally, but I could understand how people could read things this way.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9335
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby Nune » 22 May 2013, 16:04

I hope so!! i love my 360!
Nune 12
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 24 Nov 2012, 19:18
Location: Portugal

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby TinnoUnited » 22 May 2013, 16:56

It could allow a quite a nice transition period if anything. Maybe they will bring out games that will work on both 360 and Xbox One? Who knows.
User avatar
TinnoUnited 29
 
Posts: 419
Joined: 20 Jan 2009, 17:45
Location: United Kingdom

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby Ghostwriter » 22 May 2013, 17:00

Personally im hoping for an Xbox One add on (that clips into that side usb port and sits on top of the glossy half of the box). This add on will be a small black box that contains everything needed for a 360 emulator!
Ghostwriter 10
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 22 May 2013, 11:17

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby statix » 22 May 2013, 17:16

Most likely the long-rumored Xbox 360 "Mini" attachment (codenamed, "Stingray") that will hook up to the Xbox One and enable backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games.
statix 7
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 20 May 2010, 02:33

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 22 May 2013, 18:23

As I stated previously in another article on here I am quite happy to stick with my 360 for another year or so but hearing that the 360 will live on even longer is very good news.

As for Xbox one I wont buy it till its around £200, if its even worth it that is.
Johnbhoy69 55
 
Posts: 953
Joined: 22 Dec 2011, 20:29
Location: United Kingdom

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby PonderingWalrus » 22 May 2013, 20:28

I'm thinking there will be a feature for the Xbox One that will allow the it to morph with Xbox 360, creating some kind of super console.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
User avatar
PonderingWalrus 42
 
Posts: 700
Joined: 26 Nov 2012, 22:12
Location: United Kingdom

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby Decent_Jam » 22 May 2013, 21:01

I think they will cut the price of hardware and software by 50% to continue to make it attractive to consumers and also there will be a new, smaller OnLive style version which allows you to play the entire 360 back catalogue from the Cloud.

Probably nonsense, but hey, call it a guess.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
User avatar
Decent_Jam 62
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 10:50
Location: United Kingdom

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby SidTheSloth » 22 May 2013, 21:09

I think they'll release a new smaller version in a range of soothing pastel tones, with built in speakers that play whale music whilst you wait... and wait... and wait... for the system to boot and whilst you navigate through menus.

Or they'll announce a new dashboard or something etc.

Quite like some of the 'plug in' suggestions i'm seeing, but can't see it somehow. Functionality wise yes, but aesthetically i'm not sure it'd fit with their 'nice smooth lines' they've gone for with 'the special one'. Unless they bring out a new smaller version that looks like the one and still allow people with a slim to plug it in? Could still have strong sales for the new box then etc? Price cut is a good shout too, software price drop is as likely as Plasma recording this years xmas number 1, with Bezza & Rodent on backing vocals i suspect.... :|
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
User avatar
SidTheSloth 54
 
Posts: 4282
Joined: 14 Sep 2011, 00:59

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby PonderingWalrus » 22 May 2013, 21:32

SidTheSloth wrote:I think they'll release a new smaller version in a range of soothing pastel tones, with built in speakers that play whale music whilst you wait... and wait... and wait... for the system to boot and whilst you navigate through menus.

Or they'll announce a new dashboard or something etc.

Quite like some of the 'plug in' suggestions i'm seeing, but can't see it somehow. Functionality wise yes, but aesthetically i'm not sure it'd fit with their 'nice smooth lines' they've gone for with 'the special one'. Unless they bring out a new smaller version that looks like the one and still allow people with a slim to plug it in? Could still have strong sales for the new box then etc? Price cut is a good shout too, software price drop is as likely as Plasma recording this years xmas number 1, with Bezza & Rodent on backing vocals i suspect.... :|


I think a new dashboard has already been announced. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
User avatar
PonderingWalrus 42
 
Posts: 700
Joined: 26 Nov 2012, 22:12
Location: United Kingdom

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby Anthony Yates » 22 May 2013, 22:10

Yeah the 360 add-on for Xbox One or a new 360 form factor, extra small with no DVD drive etc.
Anthony Yates 3
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 May 2013, 22:08

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby battfink83 » 23 May 2013, 00:11

its obviously going to be a crappy windows 8 'esque dashboard update for the 360, bringing it in line with xbox one (god they really are pushing windows 8 on us), and then gamers on both consoles will be able to join partys together, track achievements together, heck maybe even play the same games online together
User avatar
battfink83 53
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 00:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby PonderingWalrus » 23 May 2013, 01:18

battfink83 wrote:its obviously going to be a crappy windows 8 'esque dashboard update for the 360, bringing it in line with xbox one (god they really are pushing windows 8 on us), and then gamers on both consoles will be able to join partys together, track achievements together, heck maybe even play the same games online together


But the dashboard is already quite Windows 8 'esque. It has tiles and everything!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
User avatar
PonderingWalrus 42
 
Posts: 700
Joined: 26 Nov 2012, 22:12
Location: United Kingdom

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby battfink83 » 23 May 2013, 10:39

PonderingWalrus wrote:
battfink83 wrote:its obviously going to be a crappy windows 8 'esque dashboard update for the 360, bringing it in line with xbox one (god they really are pushing windows 8 on us), and then gamers on both consoles will be able to join partys together, track achievements together, heck maybe even play the same games online together


But the dashboard is already quite Windows 8 'esque. It has tiles and everything!


lol true, im just trying to say that both consoles will be identical to operate, just an idea on the plans they have
User avatar
battfink83 53
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 00:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: "Huge" Xbox 360 announcement at E3 will keep console "vi

Postby ipsofacto » 23 May 2013, 10:49

I bet it's a tv...
ipsofacto 46
 
Posts: 172
Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 15:18
Location: United Kingdom

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Maximus T and 1 guest

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]