to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Alan Wake 2: Remedy will "create something new when the time

Your comments on our articles.

Video explains why fans must wait for Wake

Following the announcement of Remedy Entertainment's new project, Quantum Break, at the Xbox One reveal, the company's creative director Sam Lake has taken to YouTube to explain to fans why the long-awaited Alan Wake 2 may take that little bit longer to arrive.... read more

Alan Wake 2: Remedy will "create something new when the time

Postby Droidsbane » 23 May 2013, 10:26

looks like Alan Wake 2 is being handled by Top Men.
TOP MEN!

I do hope they do get round to making it at some point, really enjoyed the first game and American Nightmare
Droidsbane 33

Re: Alan Wake 2: Remedy will "create something new when the

Postby Phantaxus » 23 May 2013, 11:55

If you cant wait... American Nightmare is on offer this week for 320pts
Phantaxus 28

Postby Mendes » 23 May 2013, 12:22

Phantaxus wrote:If you cant wait... American Nightmare is on offer this week for 320pts

And that was an offer I'd been waiting for and taken up. Loved Alan Wake, it's not without issue, but for characters, story, atmosphere, pop-culture nods and some genuine panic inducing action, it doesn't get much better.

Under £5 to download is an absolute no-brainer if you don't already own it.

Also, I've got to say that was very refreshing honesty from Sam Lake regarding Alan Wake, commendable in it's lack of flowery PR speak, well done sir.
Mendes 34

Postby CunningSmile » 23 May 2013, 12:27

Mendes wrote:
Phantaxus wrote:If you cant wait... American Nightmare is on offer this week for 320pts

And that was an offer I'd been waiting for and taken up. Loved Alan Wake, it's not without issue, but for characters, story, atmosphere, pop-culture nods and some genuine panic inducing action, it doesn't get much better.

Under £5 to download is an absolute no-brainer if you don't already own it.

Also, I've got to say that was very refreshing honesty from Sam Lake regarding Alan Wake, commendable in it's lack of flowery PR speak, well done sir.

It's one thing I've always respected Remedy, and Lake in particular, for. If there is a perfectly valid reason they haven't done something they have always been upfront and said it, even if that reason was as simple as "We're busy." Makes me much more inclined to wait for their next game, and to support them when they do ship.
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby TinnoUnited » 23 May 2013, 12:28

Yet to play American Nightmare (got it in the humble bumble pack) but absolutely love Alan Wake. Something about it, really ranks as one of my favourite 360 games. Glad they aren't rushing the 2nd one either!
TinnoUnited 29

Postby Mendes » 23 May 2013, 15:44

TinnoUnited wrote:Yet to play American Nightmare (got it in the humble bumble pack) but absolutely love Alan Wake. Something about it, really ranks as one of my favourite 360 games. Glad they aren't rushing the 2nd one either!

I've only scratched the surface ot it and it's more of the same (no bad thing as far as I'm concerned), except it's more open, or at least the first part is... plus it has a great use of a Kasabian tune, not that I'm a massive fan, but it was good use of music... another thing Remedy have always excelled at.... Nick Cave and Bad Seeds in the original Alan Wake anyone?!
Mendes 34

Postby Plamsa wing » 23 May 2013, 17:19

While I loved Alan Wake, in fact it's one of my favourite games this gen, I'd much rather something new for early next-gen.

Shame it wasn't 240pts. :cry:
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby Metalrodent » 23 May 2013, 17:56

I enjoyed Alan Wake, but if there were a sequel I wish they'd make it more scary - AW had great atmosphere with some real tense scenes (and a few jumps from me when crows and shadows went past) - however they ruined all of that by putting in the slowmo camera shifts whenever an enemy appeared, kinda dragged me out the moment
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67