to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

EA tech boss on how Xbox One takes Battlefield 4, FIFA to "a

Your comments on our articles.

"These architectures are a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market"

Like a massive bucket of blue-sky thinking and narcotic daydreams, EA's chief technology officer Rajat Taneja has just upended himself all over the next generation discussion, care of a post on LinkedIn.... read more

Postby squirrelofDoom » 23 May 2013, 12:39

You mean if Suarez bites somebody's elbow in real life, I have to deal with it in-game, Taneja? Does the process work in reverse? Can I have Ronaldo stamp on the back of his knee and see that played out in next weekend's match?

If this was true, I'd have to trade it in the next day after being banned for dissent!
squirrelofDoom 26

Postby Theron284 » 23 May 2013, 12:47

I have a difficult time believing that claim. Even if it was true, the PC would only need a few months to catch up and bypass consoles in terms of power. That's the thing with PCs, there's always new hardware being released for them whereas consoles have to make do with the same hardware until the next console is released.
Theron284 5

Re: EA tech boss on how Xbox One takes Battlefield 4, FIFA t

Postby Mike Craig » 23 May 2013, 13:25

Theron284 wrote:I have a difficult time believing that claim. Even if it was true, the PC would only need a few months to catch up and bypass consoles in terms of power. That's the thing with PCs, there's always new hardware being released for them whereas consoles have to make do with the same hardware until the next console is released.

Definitely agree with you in terms of raw power. Then again, part of the benefits of consoles is the ability to dedicate itself and its resources better to the game than a conventional PC can - perhaps the architecture makes it (at the moment at least) better than a PC would be with the same specification. This is all just speculation however.
Mike Craig 5

Postby SilentDark » 23 May 2013, 14:45

Theron284 wrote:I have a difficult time believing that claim. Even if it was true, the PC would only need a few months to catch up and bypass consoles in terms of power. That's the thing with PCs, there's always new hardware being released for them whereas consoles have to make do with the same hardware until the next console is released.

The way technology is now X1 will probably be out of date a couple of weeks after launch, that's assuming that in the time between this announcement and release PCs don't end up exceeding the X1 anyway.

I've learned to assume anything EA says is a lie. Even if they said the sky was blue I'd have to look up.
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 65

Postby Konstabob » 23 May 2013, 23:29

I would be interested to know what world this brain dead EA guy lives in.
As far as I know, Battlefield 4 gameplay was revealed on a PC with the latest, top of the line graphics card available.. so what he's basically implying is that the game will look about a generation better than that on Xbox, right?
seems legit, considering the GPU used to run the gameplay reveal is a $1,000 HD 7990
This guy is just plain embarrassing himself. He's the "tech boss" of EA and lets shit like that flow out of his mouth? smh.
I don't know why I'm even surprised. I mean, this is EA after all...
Konstabob 2

Postby Konstabob » 23 May 2013, 23:32

SilentDark wrote:I've learned to assume anything EA says is a lie. Even if they said the sky was blue I'd have to look up.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Konstabob 2

Postby Daniel Palmer » 24 May 2013, 06:27

SilentDark wrote:

The way technology is now X1 will probably be out of date a couple of weeks after launch, that's assuming that in the time between this announcement and release PCs don't end up exceeding the X1 anyway.

I've learned to assume anything EA says is a lie. Even if they said the sky was blue I'd have to look up

best quip of the day lol
Daniel Palmer 1

Postby techn0t0ne » 24 May 2013, 09:35

Graphic tech crap aside which incidentally nobody is really going to give a flying fudge about when the games released...im more excited about the potential of the game itself on live.

Finally console users get the definitive unrestricted raw battlefield multiplayer experience.

Who care if some EA dude talking through his back teeth...like thats anything new?

:wink:
techn0t0ne 17

Postby InitialD » 27 May 2013, 17:03

Battlefield till I die'

I really fancy a cheese burger.
OXM resident party pooper

"This Xbox lifestyle can't surely be healthy.."
InitialD 14

Postby GHOSTY05 » 29 May 2013, 09:34

I am tired of all this, my PC is more powerful nonsense, or the Xbox one will be out of date in weeks rubbish.

Of course it will, this is how things work nowadays, and its the same with your high end £1500 PC, in a month or two this will be out of date, requiring you to spend another £200- £300 on another graphics card so you can see a few more polygons!

Personally i think anyone who spends money like this, constantly updating a PC wants their brain examining.

At the end of the day the new XBOX is more powerful than the xbox 360 and will provide us with great games for many years to come, even xbox 360 games coming out now still look good enough to me.

So whats the problem?, i cannot wait for Battlefield 4 in 1080p high res, playing on a updated XBOX live, it will be fantastic.

I am happy to let the idiots pay £1000s for their PCs, but isnt 1080p 60fps/30fps enough? who wants resolutions so sharp that they hurt your eyes?

The Xbox One and PS4 will bring us almost inline with todays PC graphics, as long as the games look better than they do now (which they will) i am more than happy. I cannot wait to see a high res GTA 5 and watch dogs! £400 well spent i my opinion. :mrgreen:
GHOSTY05 40