to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

FIFA 14 release date, Ultimate Team packs and preorder offer

Your comments on our articles.

Xbox One release date not yet confirmed

EA has slapped FIFA 14 with the release date stamp - the game's out for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on 27th September, with Xbox One and PS4 details to follow once the latter pair work out their own launch dates.... read more

FIFA 14 release date, Ultimate Team packs and preorder offer

Postby Dazfeeder » 23 May 2013, 19:14

I think this has just been cut and pasted from the FIFA 13 press release and updated to say FIFA 14
Dazfeeder 2

Re: FIFA 14 release date, Ultimate Team packs and preorder o

Postby SidTheSloth » 23 May 2013, 19:22

Cue inevitable bitching and whining about pre-order bonuses and shop exclusives...

Can i go first? This pre-order shit is just beyond ridiculous now, i cannot stand them and hate even more the fact i'm seemingly in the minority with that opinion :x

The 25% bonus thing for buying a special GTA announced earlier was just as irritating. If people want to pay extra to get collectors stuff/t-shirts/tat/hats etc then more power to them, but for the love of god stop dicking around with in-game items like pro-boosts and stuff. How can something so simple make me so grumpy? Think i need a holiday or something...! :|
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Re: FIFA 14 release date, Ultimate Team packs and preorder o

Postby TinnoUnited » 24 May 2013, 09:22

SidTheSloth wrote:Cue inevitable bitching and whining about pre-order bonuses and shop exclusives...

Can i go first? This pre-order shit is just beyond ridiculous now, i cannot stand them and hate even more the fact i'm seemingly in the minority with that opinion :x

The 25% bonus thing for buying a special GTA announced earlier was just as irritating. If people want to pay extra to get collectors stuff/t-shirts/tat/hats etc then more power to them, but for the love of god stop dicking around with in-game items like pro-boosts and stuff. How can something so simple make me so grumpy? Think i need a holiday or something...! :|

Nope totally see your point. Until recently, I have had no problem with pre-order incentives, which I suppose were because it was only normally like a special skin or something that didn't affect gameplay. Now, as you mentioned, GTA are offering the 25% skill boost of stats which sounds like it could have quite an impact on gameplay just because you pre-ordered it? So they are making part of the game easier just because you order a game early.

Another example is GRiD2- you get a whole new gamemode just for pre-ordering. Why on earth couldn't that be left in the game for everyone?

Pre-order incentives should stick to things that are superficial rather than game-changing.
TinnoUnited 29