How Call of Duty: Ghosts will differ on Xbox 360 and Xbox On

Your comments on our articles.

"It's a fine line when you define a new engine, and augmentations to an engine."

Call of Duty: Ghosts runs on a brand new game engine, eschewing the much-rewritten Infinity Ward tech that has powered every instalment since Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Oh no it doesn't! Oh yes it does! Good grief, another one of those messaging mix-ups appears to be happening. Let's take a look at the nitty gritty.... read more

How Call of Duty: Ghosts will differ on Xbox 360 and Xbox On

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 29 May 2013, 11:25

So in short...more graphically impressive set pieces/scripted segments and more enemies on screen. The COD campaign is essentially one big horde mode.
Johnbhoy69 55

Re: How Call of Duty: Ghosts will differ on Xbox 360 and Xbo

Postby NobleWarrior92 » 29 May 2013, 12:18

The graphics of next gen Call of Duty look the same if not worse than current gen Battlefield 3. Quite disappointed so far, looks like it's going to be the same as it always has been. Will probably give it a miss this year.
NobleWarrior92 13

Postby Dom Coates » 29 May 2013, 15:02

I reckon Ghosts may be a huge let down: cue stage left Halo 5, Battlefield 4 et al to take its place, think Call of Duty has had its time and is in its dying throes
Dom Coates 2

Postby vadersmyfather » 29 May 2013, 16:01

mostinpowers wrote:give comands like "sick him boy" would be brilliant!

I'm not down with the kids....what does that mean?
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
vadersmyfather 50

Postby FishyGinger » 29 May 2013, 16:04

vadersmyfather wrote:
mostinpowers wrote:give comands like "sick him boy" would be brilliant!

I'm not down with the kids....what does that mean?

I think sick means good....but it seems somewhat oxymoronical.
Spider-Baby. Its got the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.
FishyGinger 71

Postby vadersmyfather » 29 May 2013, 16:06

FishyGinger wrote:I think sick means good....but it seems somewhat oxymoronical.

...or stick him boy...
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
vadersmyfather 50

Postby Cypher Unknown » 29 May 2013, 18:23

Dom Coates wrote:I reckon Ghosts may be a huge let down: cue stage left Halo 5, Battlefield 4 et al to take its place, think Call of Duty has had its time and is in its dying throes

Haven't people been saying this since Word at War?
Cypher Unknown 42

Postby Dave101 » 30 May 2013, 07:05

hey activision, how about putting all that fancy firepower into a story that lasts longer than 6 hours? im still playing oblivion and skyrim over here at 130 hours each, going strong! never in the history of video games has there been a time when the 'next generation' of technology simply hasnt been needed, or wanted, by society.
Dave101 16

Postby Roland of Gilead » 30 May 2013, 08:22

'Sic'em boy' is an american term for telling your dogs to attack someone.

I'm looking forward to this. I think CoD is the Man Utd of video games; they always do well and nobody likes them. Other than MW3 I've enjoyed every single CoD game released, despite the short campaign (remedied with level challenges on Black Ops 2) and screaming teenagers on live (remedied with the mute function)
Roland of Gilead 15

Postby Xbox11 » 31 May 2013, 11:35

Perhaps some of you arent quiet old enough , Sick em boy is from the film Stand By Me,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5y3NO8YSow

:wink:
Xbox11 29

Postby HORSE SIX ZERO » 31 May 2013, 18:49

Dom Coates wrote:I reckon Ghosts may be a huge let down: cue stage left Halo 5, Battlefield 4 et al to take its place, think Call of Duty has had its time and is in its dying throes

I beg to differ. I think what has grown stale is the fact that this game, has been destroyed by TREYARCH. The franchise was doing fine until they came in and muddled it up. Their only selling point? Zombies. Then make strictly a game, with all the characters, but don't call it COD, call it something else.

You my fellow gamer are just a fan boy of the aforementioned of which you discuss. I don't like LAMO, I don't play Crappiefield. I don't, because I don't enjoy them. The campaigns suck, the scripts are for shit, and having 26 years of gaming experience from an RPG (REAL RPG not MMORPG) aka BOOK PLAYER, with a Crown Royal bag full of dice TO THIS DAY!, respect anything those two franchises have done. So take your hating ass off of here and come back with a point to justify your statement.

I on the other hand, am looking forward to COD-Ghosts. Why? It's going to be in a different setting, 10 years from now, depending on the plot that we don't even know about yet. Is it the collapse of the Dollar? A cyber-attack that we couldn't defend?

Obviously, it's not "The will of a single man." Trilogy aspect. When you have just GHOSTS, that opens up a whole different can of worms.

My biggest concerns, is that the campaign will be great, but once again, here we are, same old modes, same old perks, same old....Multiplayer, who can outcamp who, who can spawn trap at C Dom, who can boost, who can find a glitch in the game to ruin the online experience, who can troll you in a corner when you're calling in Close Air Support and gets you killed because they're finding it funny and ruining YOUR gaming experience. It's the same old drivel.

It will be the same thing. Get a season of content pass and get garbage modes like...Face Off and Chaos Modes.

Face Off-Boosters Haven, where six jackasses can plant a tac insertion (They need to GET RID OF THIS f**king THING BY THE WAY!), and just boost. Or...my all-time favorite, the Demolition Spawn trap Trick. LAME!

Deathstreaks have to go. Akimbo has to go, the 1887 is a petered out weapon.

That's another thing killing this franchise. Something I have to give credit, I can't believe I'm saying this, to LAMEArch for. They used weapons in Crap Ops 2 that we gamers have been BEGGING for and from the preview, I see, the Dragunov, the AK47, I see, the MP5, I see the M4. I caught a glimpse of what looked like an M27. I caught a glimpse of an AR with a collapsible grip, and MagPul magazine, (K9 handler). So we have yet to know.

I'm sure we will know at E3, but the one thing that does disturb me more than ANYTHING is that they're going to keep the same lame 6v6 and 9v9. Hopefully, they'll up the players in the lobbies, meaning, bigger maps. If they can accomplish this, and have some really innovative game modes and not the same boring f**kin way of putting a class together (they really need to look at the Gunsmith function from Ghost Recon-Future Soldier), no more globbed together lobbies like Ground War and you can’t just choose TDM, you have to play numerous modes, which takes away from gamer investment, need I go on?

Gamers really, don’t give a shit about the campaign, they want from IW the SpecOps missions and the Multiplayer. I, myself, enjoyed Survival. But after a while, since you maxed out everything, you couldn’t have the challenge to start over. LAME!

I could on and on, but until IW start to listen to the PUBLIC vs. THE PROS (Gaming is not a professional sport, don’t care who you are!), we’ll get the same boring guns, same lame attachments, proficiencies that are not proficiencies, ref RANGE AND DAMAGE.

Another thing I’m sad to hear is that they will bring back Quickscoping. So that tells me that the same old, lame way as I said above, weapon class creation will occur. See GR-FS reference! I’m so tired of seeing gamers not use the class to the proper means that it is. I’m tired of IW saying one thing and then giving us the bullshit.

This is why I can’t wait for UbiSoft to release RB6 Patriots, and Splinter Cell and I’m sure the next GHOST RECON will be amazing.

Will I still buy GHOSTS, damn sure I will. Why? Because even though the bullshit will be in there, nothing makes a Quickscoper more pissed off than getting put on their ass by a well-timed drop shot.

But like I said, E3 is coming up. It will be the deciding factor for me when they have their CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS WEEK too.

Lastly, GET RID OF THE TACTICAL INSERTION! It’s had its run!

HORSE SIX ZERO
…out…
HORSE SIX ZERO 3

Postby Kyle Estabrooks » 02 Sep 2013, 04:17

Honestly i don't know what i'd like to see in multiplayer.

I'd like to have the full campaign then have downloadable small campaigns.

Or maybe even have a mode where the map regenerates each time (like how minecraft generates different stuff each new world u make) so each time we go to play this mode its a different scenario.
Kyle Estabrooks 1