to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One at E3: OXM's hopes and predictions

Your comments on our articles.

All eyes on Los Angeles for the next step in next gen

E3 is fast approaching, and as a quick glance at many internet gaming forums will tell you, Microsoft's showing at the expo could have a decisive effect on the success or failure of Xbox One.... read more

Xbox One at E3: OXM's hopes and predictions

Postby AlexBolton » 01 Jun 2013, 14:20

Games wise, think I would make mess in my pants if the following games were announced:
1. Fable 4 (x1 exclusive)
2. Killer instinct reboot (X1 exclusive)
3. More on Ryse
4. Alan wake 2 (X1 exclusive)
4. Battlefront 3
5. Fallout 4
AlexBolton 18

Re: Xbox One at E3: OXM's hopes and predictions

Postby IceKimi » 01 Jun 2013, 14:43

AlexBolton wrote:Games wise, think I would make mess in my pants if the following games were announced:
1. Fable 4 (x1 exclusive)
2. Killer instinct reboot (X1 exclusive)
3. More on Ryse
4. Alan wake 2 (X1 exclusive)
4. Battlefront 3
5. Fallout 4

For me:
1. Project Gotham Racing 5
2. Perfect Dark 2
3. Fable IV
IceKimi 54

Postby SilentDark » 01 Jun 2013, 14:49

For me it has to be answering the questions regarding the hardware, stuff that should have been in the reveal but wasn't and hasn't been answered clearly since.

What is the internet requirement?
What is the policy on used games and how will it work?

Depending on those answers other questions will then be.
(Assuming some kind of mandatory connection at some point) How long do MS intend to support the network framework of the Xbone?
(Assuming some kind of fee for preowned) How much and who gets what cut?

Games are kind of a secondary concern at this point.
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 65

Postby Kanok » 01 Jun 2013, 15:01

Just have more exclusive game(not BLEEP exclusive DLC or time exclusive)
- not BLEEP kinect game.

About pre-own game.

Not alway-on.

Do not only BLEEP kinect to turn on machine.

Let independent developer can self-publisher.
Kanok 4

Postby KernowDevil23 » 01 Jun 2013, 15:08

Post edited due to language used.

Please remember that this site is not restricted to adults! Children do use it as well......
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby fracturedrich » 01 Jun 2013, 16:23

Log what if kinect can make you feel pain and as a result warn you of danger and when you turn punch you in the back of the head :?
fracturedrich 47

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 01 Jun 2013, 16:29

My Predictions/hopes are

1. Final Fantasy Versus 13 to release on both consoles PS4&X1 but released on PS4 first (Possible name change to Final Fantasy 15)
2. Dragons Dogma sequel announced
3. Perfect Dark prequel
4. Resident Evil 2 remake
5. Next gen Gears Of War revealed
6. Deus Ex Human Revolution sequel (I really want this to happen)
7. Bethesda reveal a brand new engine and tease Fallout 4
8. First game play reveal of Arkham Origins

And my ultimate hope...Binary Domain 2
Johnbhoy69 54

Postby TheHunt3r_Orion » 01 Jun 2013, 16:35

The way Microsoft fixes this giant debacle is simple; Announce that you were trolling the world!!!! Then show the real console.

All kidding aside, Microsoft has no walking room. Whoever was in charge of designing this thing was arrogant. The name shows it. One person liked the name Xbox One. Fusion is a name everyone can get with, and you bought the name!!! So why use One? Hmm? What sounds better? "We want an all-in-'One' entertainment system" or "We want a 'fusion' of all the entertainment from every other device in your life into your game console"?

Get rid of the always running Kinect, the internet spot checks, and for Cortana's sake, change the name. I'm 100 percent sure that a nobody like me could have worked this out better than all of Microsoft did in 3 years. My map would have been simple;

Use a combination of 8 gb of DDR3, 32 to 64 mb of eSRAM, throw in 4 gb of GDDR5 ram. Let the OS run on 4GB of the DDR3, direct the rest of the RAM to games at 2.1 to 2.7 tflops (If anyone dares say this isnt cost effect, do your research before you speak. I did. This would have been a cost effective model at $499 at launch). Backwards compatibility because no matter what you say, some games created are worth keeping this generation. Throw in all that TV stuff BUT make sure everything you announce at the reveal is WORLD SUPPORTED because whether you like it or not, Japan and Europe matter over America. Give us that cloud option IF we decided to connect to the internet. 300,000 servers? Great. 4 Xbox's in one when connected? GREAT. IF we decide to do it. Not make us pay in the department of power if we are offline. Make it an incentive to be better than PC/Sony if you can connect to the internet. XBLA games are kept. You merge those games with all your Windows Phone games into one market and make the combined set available on console or tablet/phone. The Box design looks like a VCR, but I'd keep it because let's face it, that thing will vent ALL heat. Give us an upgrade to XBL. Platinum Premium, Gold Standard, and Silver (Something) subscriptions at 90, 50, free price options. Make movie apps available with the free. Free music streaming with the 90. Free XBLA selections of 5 games every 3 months that are playable only when you're online. Massive Indie support. This way, EVERYONE could have been happy. Everyone. MS get's their money, we don't bitch with 15 exclusives within a year launch. We get more power than PC/Sony. Xbox takes over your living room. Apple/Android can never compete. We give money, we take services. Always has to be give and take.

Sorry for the rant guys, but all my hardcore research into this has lead me to believe that MS laid the biggest pig stye on the planet and threw every loyal customer in. Yes. You could have had a billion console sales, but not the way you announced. You could have been the first to make a profit on a console with a billion sales. Nope. Not gonna happen now. Sony is winning by a huge margin and the only reason PC isn't god right now is because of exclusives on consoles part. (Rant Concluded)
TheHunt3r_Orion 4

Postby Metalrodent » 01 Jun 2013, 16:35

Johnbhoy69 wrote:Perfect Dark prequel

I do take it you mean 'perfect dark prequel attempt 2', because there's already PDZ - which was okish, asides from the fact it was kinda dull and completely screwed up the entire franchise (I mean, they made Joanna an American ginger girl for gawds sake!)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Kaykiie » 01 Jun 2013, 16:49

Hoping for:

* Clarification on multiple account Xboxes. Do me and my partner have to pay twice if a game is locked to an account?

* Dragon Age 3

* Fable 4

* Rainbow 6

* More on Destiny
Kaykiie 2

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 01 Jun 2013, 16:52

Metalrodent wrote:
Johnbhoy69 wrote:Perfect Dark prequel

I do take it you mean 'perfect dark prequel attempt 2', because there's already PDZ - which was okish, asides from the fact it was kinda dull and completely screwed up the entire franchise (I mean, they made Joanna an American ginger girl for gawds sake!)

Never played it, Heard enough about it to put me off for life. Had no idea it was a prequel though. Maybe should of guessed that from ''zero'' being in the name but I assumed it was a reference to something else.

so that's one of my hopes ruined already...Thanks :lol:
Johnbhoy69 54

Postby Windowlicker79 » 01 Jun 2013, 17:18

I wonder if Microsoft will promote a new focus on Indie games by revealing Minecraft 2 as an XBone exclusive?

Personally I'm hoping for some info about Street Fighter 5. Maybe reveal a new XB1 arcade stick too. It probably wont happen but I'm really keen to see some next generation fighting games. There's been literally nothing at all announced in that genre :?

I'm also wondering what the big announcement is going to be with regards to Xbox 360. I'm still placing my bets on it being the download only mini console (possibly even a handheld) that could run Xbox 360 discs when connected to the Xbox One. If it was a handheld it would give a bit more justification for having 2 consoles.
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 55

Postby Crisco » 01 Jun 2013, 18:13

Windowlicker just reminded me about Tekken X Street Fighter, I hope this is still a thing. As well all the Mirror's Edge 2, Fable 4 and Fallout 4 stuff. Some new XBLA type things too. And maybe a Call of Duty Ghosts spinoff where you play as the dog. Maybe Call of Dog, or Dog of Duty, the name's not really important.
Being good at stuff is overrated. Probably.
Gamertag: Super Crisco
Crisco 46

Postby Zinzan44 » 01 Jun 2013, 18:35

Great... so we have console with a bloated OS that is going to take up at least 1-2 GB of that Ram and that's not taking into account the always on always watching and Kinect I.e (HAL 9000) which will also be using up the Consoles hardware power.

For Christ sake...The entire point of a console is to maximize performance due to a streamlined OS and lack of any background applications or processes,If I wanted a soddin Tivo box or Apple TV device I'd get one.
"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely."
Zinzan44 15

Postby ChopperCampbell » 01 Jun 2013, 21:01

Zinzan44 wrote:Great... so we have console with a bloated OS that is going to take up at least 1-2 GB of that Ram and that's not taking into account the always on always watching and Kinect I.e (HAL 9000) which will also be using up the Consoles hardware power.

For Christ sake...The entire point of a console is to maximize performance due to a streamlined OS and lack of any background applications or processes,If I wanted a soddin Tivo box or Apple TV device I'd get one.

Guessing you're not thinking about getting one at launch then?
ChopperCampbell 22

Next