to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Remember Me: The Interactive

Your comments on our articles.

Find out what you think about this memory-knobbling curiosity

Remember Me has split opinions, scoring anywhere from harsh 4s to enthusiastic 8s. It's a game that defies a single number summary, thanks to moments of irreconcilable brilliance and stupidity. It deserves every score there is. It deserves an interactive review.... read more

Postby CunningSmile » 03 Jun 2013, 12:23

4/10 Pity really as I was looking forward to this. Maybe when the price drops a bit I'll pick it up an see if the Log score more closely represents the experience.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Metalrodent » 03 Jun 2013, 12:29

6/10 for me

hm shame, it seemed like it had a lot of potential, but a button mashing grind fest with hamfisted plot (and terrible morals) doesn't sound too great a thing o spend money on.

the important question is, will it turn me gay?
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Maximus T » 03 Jun 2013, 12:36

I think I got a 5. I probably wouldn't have got it anyway, even if it had scored higher for me.
This signature is so amazing, you get a +1 morale boost just for reading it.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 70

Re: Remember Me: The Interactive

Postby sampsondw » 03 Jun 2013, 12:53

I got a 9, but I don't really have any interest in the game. Might look further into it now though! Thanks for the semi-direct recomendation Log!
"It's only Illegall if you get caught"
-Armand Christophe, Oblivion
sampsondw 12

Postby NinthGeorgesw » 03 Jun 2013, 12:55

7/10 for me, which sounds about right. I'm probably not going to get it anyway.
NinthGeorgesw 42

Postby OXM Log » 03 Jun 2013, 13:00

NinthGeorgesw wrote:7/10 for me, which sounds about right. I'm probably not going to get it anyway.

From a consumer point of view, it's really hard to recommend to a cash-strapped pocket at full price. From an industry point of view, it's immensely frustrating: quality work and unusual originality is being squandered, and the publishers will probably say "See? Told you girls don't sell. Muscular necks, that's what people want"

Everyone who's got an opinion on this game is almost certainly right.
OXM Log
OXM Staff

Postby Bobo888 » 03 Jun 2013, 13:07

I ended on a 9, still unsure about this game, might wait for it to be cheap on steam or something.

The review system gets a 10 though. Every review should change the score based on questions about the reader! :D
Bobo888 38

Postby FishyGinger » 03 Jun 2013, 13:13

But it has a woman! As a protagonist! Surely that means if you don't all buy it you're all sexist.

I gots a 6, I didn't even know it was out this year....
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby OXM Aoife » 03 Jun 2013, 13:14

OXM Log wrote:
NinthGeorgesw wrote:7/10 for me, which sounds about right. I'm probably not going to get it anyway.

From a consumer point of view, it's really hard to recommend to a cash-strapped pocket at full price. From an industry point of view, it's immensely frustrating: quality work and unusual originality is being squandered, and the publishers will probably say "See? Told you girls don't sell. Muscular necks, that's what people want"

I'm really quite torn. I'm almost finished, and I love the world and elements of the combat, but the camera, and elements of the dialogue, are infuriating. I must admit that Nilin left me a bit cold too. That said, I've raced through the story as I'm interested to see the ending, and the memory remix sections are nicely done. I got a 7 here, which sounds about right.
OXM Aoife
OXM Staff

Postby msbhvn » 03 Jun 2013, 13:23

OXM Log wrote:From a consumer point of view, it's really hard to recommend to a cash-strapped pocket at full price. From an industry point of view, it's immensely frustrating: quality work and unusual originality is being squandered, and the publishers will probably say "See? Told you girls don't sell. Muscular necks, that's what people want"

If publishers wouldn't measure the success of a game by the first couple of weeks of sales, which are usually based on pre-release hype anyway, they wouldn't have such distorted ideas of what makes a successful game.

I'll probably pick this up when the price drops.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby CunningSmile » 03 Jun 2013, 13:33

OXM Log wrote:From a consumer point of view, it's really hard to recommend to a cash-strapped pocket at full price. From an industry point of view, it's immensely frustrating: quality work and unusual originality is being squandered, and the publishers will probably say "See? Told you girls don't sell. Muscular necks, that's what people want"

Which is a pity, but has now become a self fulfilling prophecy. They think games like this won't sell so they don't bother making them properly or marketing it well (someone else said they didn't think it was releasing this year) so we end up with a poor game going under everyone's radar, which backs up the idea that it won't sell.

Makes me want to rush out and pick up Mirrors Edge 2 even if I didn't like the first or have a Xbone just to spite EA.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 03 Jun 2013, 13:55

CunningSmile wrote:
Which is a pity, but has now become a self fulfilling prophecy. They think games like this won't sell so they don't bother making them properly or marketing it well (someone else said they didn't think it was releasing this year) so we end up with a poor game going under everyone's radar, which backs up the idea that it won't sell.

Makes me want to rush out and pick up Mirrors Edge 2 even if I didn't like the first or have a Xbone just to spite EA.

I'm not entirely sure "have my money" will teach EA any lessons. It is annoying when decent games get a real lack of aid from the publishers.

And that was me, I heard something some months back about the devs saying look, we're making a game with a woman because we're so original if you don't count those other games with women in, then nothing since.

Also I don't really pay attention but as I'm on here I guess I'm more clued up than the general population so I think this will not sell too well based on advertising or the lack of.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby Muppetman51 » 03 Jun 2013, 14:14

6/10 and by the sounds of it I could largely forgive it all if it wasn't for the writing, even the sign-posted bits. Writing is usually the bit that makes or breaks a game for me, like say GoW3. Perfectly acceptable story broken by the ending. Admittedly the story would've fitted on a cigarette packet and still left enough space for the health scare but that's not the point. If its well written it can frustrate me all it likes.

Probably won't get it straight away at this price but it seems a shame that it falls down so much over such subjective criteria. Still a game to think about a lot more at the very least, which is a lot better than sitting through an install knowing exactly what's coming.

I really don't like the way sum of this series of parts was set up to fail either. No-one should have to defend a game from their publisher, but it sounds and feels like Dontnod have had to do exactly that from far longer than before the furore over the romance possibilities were aired out.
I summon bigger fish to crush Bubble
Muppetman51 42

Postby OXM Log » 03 Jun 2013, 14:50

Muppetman51 wrote:6/10 and by the sounds of it I could largely forgive it all if it wasn't for the writing, even the sign-posted bits. Writing is usually the bit that makes or breaks a game for me, like say GoW3. Perfectly acceptable story broken by the ending. Admittedly the story would've fitted on a cigarette packet and still left enough space for the health scare but that's not the point. If its well written it can frustrate me all it likes.

I love the set-up, but it does feel like the person who came up with the conceit didn't have much to do with the script. And if he did, if I was the Dontnod careers adviser and his name was Jeremy, I'd say "you're a talented big ideas man, Jeremy, but for God's sake stay away from dialogue"
OXM Log
OXM Staff

Postby Carpet Monkey » 03 Jun 2013, 15:52

9/10 for me. YIPEEEE
Gamertag : Carpet Monkey
Carpet Monkey 42

Next