to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Remember these: the most divisive games on Xbox 360

Your comments on our articles.

Treading the line between awesome and awful

With scores ranging from 4s and 5s to 8s and 9s, Remember Me is dividing critics up and down the internet. It's a difficult title to pin a number to, thanks to its melding of imaginative ideas with sometimes poor implementation, which is why Log's left the score up to you in our interactive review.... read more

Remember these: the most divisive games on Xbox 360

Postby Aphasial » 03 Jun 2013, 15:34

Would Dragon Age 2 count? I genuinely enjoyed it but I know a lot of others were less than pleased

'These are stone killers, little man. They ain't cuddly like me.'
Jayne Cobb, Firefly
Aphasial 22

Re: Remember these: the most divisive games on Xbox 360

Postby PCG The_B » 03 Jun 2013, 15:58

Certainly of recent times, Hitman Absolution has to be up there.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 03 Jun 2013, 16:07

In all honesty I think Snow was the more interesting character in Final Fantasy 13, Lightning was a b*tch for most of the game and incredibly unlikeable. I am however Looking forward to Lightning returns but not because of Lightning. I'm invested after finishing 13-2 only to see 'To be continued'. I want to know how the story ends.

I hate how people say Deadly Premonition is 'so bad, its good' That's a pretty pathetic way to define a game. Was it up to the visual standards of other games at the time? No, it looked like a game still in development for the Playstation 2. Was the game play revolutionary? Hell no, its was incredibly derivative and poorly executed, not to mention the controls being pretty dire too. What it did have was a great story and quite an array of weird and creepy characters. Sticking with it when my initial impressions were ''what did I just waste my money on'' is one of the best gaming decisions Ive made in recent years. The final few twists I never saw coming at all and not to mention the game throws some surprisingly good boss fights at you from out of nowhere.
Johnbhoy69 54

Postby Metalrodent » 03 Jun 2013, 16:53

There's also an errant little achievement that can be unlocked by staring pointedly at a hot tub attendant's breasts

brb, buying Asura's Wrath ;)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Rista B » 03 Jun 2013, 16:59

Aphasial wrote:Would Dragon Age 2 count? I genuinely enjoyed it but I know a lot of others were less than pleased

Seems like a good choice. I also enjoyed it and in some ways thought it superior to Dragon Age Origins. Not sure that you are allowed to say that but there it is.
Rista B 13

Postby TheNUKEnukeM » 03 Jun 2013, 17:45

I brought and finished Deadly Premonition last week. I thought it was alright. Just buy it, It works best when you dont know whats coming up and if you read enough reviews it will dampen the impact of the insane moments. Its a bit like LA Noire (you are trying to solve a murder) with Majoras Mask (Theres a map and a town and loads of side quests) and also Resident Evil 4 (Zombies attack you). It doesnt live up to any of those game and it failed to scare me. I am a bit werid myself so nothing really surprised me in it.

After finishing it I have moved on to ironically moved on to Final Fantasy XIII. I love it. Its my first one. I love Lightning. I want to marry her
TheNUKEnukeM 35

Postby antiAntag0nist » 03 Jun 2013, 20:59

Final Fantasy XIII was the first game in the series I really played, even though I played a bit of FFX prior to it. I only played the first 20 or so hours, but I genuinely enjoyed every bit of it. I liked the world, the story, the characters, and the graphics were amazing. The combat was fun too with the ever present battle music driving you forward. I've been meaning to start again and progress past from when I left off and this article might push to actually do so.
antiAntag0nist 38

Postby Vulgar Plebeian » 04 Jun 2013, 01:14

Metalrodent wrote:
There's also an errant little achievement that can be unlocked by staring pointedly at a hot tub attendant's breasts

brb, buying Asura's Wrath ;)

haha, that made me laugh Metalrodent. Image I know you're young and have all that testosterone buzzing around.
Vulgar Plebeian 47

Postby SilentDark » 04 Jun 2013, 15:00

its levelling system may be one of the best ever implemented in any Final Fantasy title

No...just no. The leveling system was basically the sphere grid from ten....with zero choice.

The biggest problem most people had with this game was that there was no exploration, no choice in where you go, just an endless corridor from which there was no escape. This extends to the leveling system which is basically a straight line. Why even bother with all that flowery nonsense disguising the fact that characters have no choice when it comes to leveling, why not just give them a point for however many XPs and have them spend it in that class and just gain the relevant upgrades and skills, and then there was the artificial limits, restricting your ability to advance until a certain line had been crossed in the narrative. Basically you fight when told, you advance when told. This really should have been a visual novel, might have made the whole thing just tolerable to me.
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 65