to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Minecraft Xbox 360 developer teases E3 announcements

Your comments on our articles.

Anything to do with those 15 Xbox One exclusives, perchance?

Well here's a thing: Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition outfit 4J Studios will be in attendance at E3 next week, and the developer's being all coy and arch about it on Twitter. Something's in the wind, clearly.... read more

Minecraft Xbox 360 developer teases E3 announcements

Postby johndawson111 » 06 Jun 2013, 16:01

It would be amazing if they announced increasing the player cap or announced making the map bigger.
johndawson111 1

Re: Minecraft Xbox 360 developer teases E3 announcements

Postby PonderingWalrus » 06 Jun 2013, 17:57

johndawson111 wrote:It would be amazing if they announced increasing the player cap or announced making the map bigger.

I'm not expecting anything like that. I reckon it will just be an announcement for an Xbox One port of the game.

Or they could finally announce what they are doing with texture packs.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby xZE3RAHEADx » 06 Jun 2013, 21:24

I'm not sure about this, i honesty don't expect it to be something related to Xbox one due to the information about arcade games actually even making an appearance onto the console, it's not confirmed but arcade game's might not even be featured at all on Xbox one so i probably will guess that it will be texture pack related, the retail version or just something that's going to add to the game like more skin's.
xZE3RAHEADx 1

Postby Darth Mousemat » 06 Jun 2013, 23:26

I bet they've coded it all up for the new systems, and anyone who has it on the 360 will be allowed to freely upgrade.
Darth Mousemat 24

Postby PonderingWalrus » 07 Jun 2013, 04:22

xZE3RAHEADx wrote:I'm not sure about this, i honesty don't expect it to be something related to Xbox one due to the information about arcade games actually even making an appearance onto the console, it's not confirmed but arcade game's might not even be featured at all on Xbox one so i probably will guess that it will be texture pack related, the retail version or just something that's going to add to the game like more skin's.

I highly doubt they will scrap XBLA for the Xbox One after it has been so successful on the 360. The fact that 360 arcade titles won't work on the One and Minecraft has been one of the most successful arcade titles is what is making me think that it could be ported over at some point.

Darth Mousemat wrote:I bet they've coded it all up for the new systems, and anyone who has it on the 360 will be allowed to freely upgrade.

Free upgrade? Bless your optimistic cotton socks.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby artful c0dger » 08 Jun 2013, 09:01

What's to say that this is even an Xbox related announcement? People have been asking 4J for months if it's going to be releasing Minecraft on the PS3/4 so it could be to do with that (I sincerely hope though that it's an announcement of an XB1 port).
artful c0dger 17

Postby artful c0dger » 11 Jun 2013, 10:00

artful c0dger wrote:What's to say that this is even an Xbox related announcement? People have been asking 4J for months if it's going to be releasing Minecraft on the PS3/4 so it could be to do with that (I sincerely hope though that it's an announcement of an XB1 port).

And I got my wish :lol:
artful c0dger 17