to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

State of Decay Xbox 360 updates planned - mission bugs, vehi

Your comments on our articles.

Developer also "hopes to add co-op"

As you'll know if you caught our State of Decay review and associated video, XBLA's grandest zombie survival escapade isn't without its technical gremlins. Undead Labs is fully cognisant of this, however, and is already planning a title update, with co-op "hopefully" coming down the road.... read more

State of Decay Xbox 360 updates planned - mission bugs, vehi

Postby sonicmark » 06 Jun 2013, 20:09

While I don't always like MP or co-op in games that dont need them, I believe that co-op would be awesome in this game. I think it would make the 1600 msp price tag look less painful too.
sonicmark 28

Re: State of Decay Xbox 360 updates planned - mission bugs,

Postby Grummy » 06 Jun 2013, 21:36

How is 1600 points painful? It's basically £14 for a 20-30 hour game. That's more time for one playthrough than Bioshock Infinite has for all achievements. Not comparing game quality as BI had far greater funds to pump into it, but in terms of content quantity, in a game with consistently solid quality I can't even begin to understand why people think £14 isn't worth it.

Crazy thing is, if this had a bit more polish and was released as a boxed game, most people wouldn't have blinked twice at a £40 price tag. £14 is a bloody bargain.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Rugdawg09 » 06 Jun 2013, 21:58

Completely agree with Grummy, 1600 mps is worth it. The game is great and co-op will be the icing on the cake, turning it from great to amazing
Rugdawg09 16

Postby FishyGinger » 07 Jun 2013, 09:52

Surely whether it's a bargain or not is dependent on the individual gamer though. Someone saying something is a bargain at a price because they like it is almost completely useless to me.

Anywhom I'll be picking this up a fair ways down the road.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby fatalgilly » 07 Jun 2013, 10:04

agreed.

1600 is brilliant value, i was expecting 2400 when it was first coming out.

I'm really enjoying it at the moment though (Despite the bugs) it reminds me alot of rebuild (2), you know that free online one? bit more of a strategy game, but this is like you're playing that game in a 3rd person view!

i would definetly recommend this to anyone :)
fatalgilly 23

Postby Norbs » 07 Jun 2013, 18:38

No idea where to post this but iv had many issues with cars vanishing after leaving them at the lot, is there a limit as to how many i can park ther? hoping they have respawned sum where :? also how do i know witch are the main missions n witch one's are timed?

Also to those that think its expensive, are u actualy crazy? its probably the best game iv ever played for that price, i enjoyed riptide but thinking back now i must have been crazy to buy it for 40buff when compared to this, as for the bugs n wot not im not to fussed i can wait a small while for the updates, i just think of how much minecraft has been updated i hope they take a leaf out of there book, love the game im just abit concerned about how much of the game is still going when im not there!
Norbs 17

Postby aust0wnzz » 08 Jun 2013, 09:26

a few things need to be fixed before adding co-op and other things to the game i believe. for starters the infestation bug needs to be handled, it seems even after i clear out all the infected houses on the map, im still informed that "half the valley in infested" and another thing needed to be fixed is the run-aways. like' everytime i leave the house or go do something, someone runs away. ive got atleast 3 people missing at all times. so i focused on only training Marcus, well he got hurt so i switched over to ally for a minute(not kidding literally 60 seconds) and f**king Marcus ran away. :? but overall its an amazing game, would be even better with co-op so i can play with my friend, or even online play -would be interesting- but first please fix some bugs.
aust0wnzz 1

Postby thewrongtrousers » 08 Jun 2013, 09:34

Norbs wrote:No idea where to post this but iv had many issues with cars vanishing after leaving them at the lot, is there a limit as to how many i can park ther? hoping they have respawned sum where :? also how do i know witch are the main missions n witch one's are timed?

I had a few cars vanish early on, however since then I have keep an eye on them and they only seem to disappear when I quit a game while out somewhere. You reappear at the base minus the car you took out with you. Saying that I have only ever got four cars there at any one time.

I think the whole point is you are not supposed to know. Think about it at the start of a zombie outbreak you would be pulled in all directions, making it difficult to decide what you should be doing next. However the timed missions will normally be the same 6/7 missions recycled while the main missions will generally (the first few are just like timed missions to get you used to the game mechanics) be slightly different in complexity - although I think some of them might be time of the day specific because they will only appear on my map at certain times (who knows that might be a bug). There is probably a list somewhere online of all the main missions.
thewrongtrousers 28

Postby SidTheSloth » 08 Jun 2013, 13:17

FishyGinger wrote:Surely whether it's a bargain or not is dependent on the individual gamer though. Someone saying something is a bargain at a price because they like it is almost completely useless to me.

Anywhom I'll be picking this up a fair ways down the road.

You have a point, a Resident Evil game for free isn't in any way a bargain to me as i'm just not interested in the series for example.

Think it's the attitude of people saying 1600 for an arcade game is too expensive is what's winding people up. If it didn't have the arbitrary 'arcade' moniker attached then i guess people would judge it a lot differently.

As i said in the other thread, i think they deserve credit for not going down the whole retail route with it's customary £40 tag.

And yeah, don't you buy it, you have enough to be getting on with! (I missed this off my 'what did you buy?' response in the other thread where you asked me!)
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Dave101 » 09 Jun 2013, 12:35

i died on the porch of the farm where you first collect the doc, went back for the rucksack, its there alright, highlighted as it should be, but under the porch!! no way to get it. not bothered tho, it adds to the game dynamic of 'whats going on?!?'
Dave101 16

Postby battfink83 » 09 Jun 2013, 21:24

you cars are dissapearing because, technically, you only have one parking bay outside the church. i moved my base to a big warehouse in the other town... i now have 4 bays to fix my vehicles.... ;)
battfink83 52

Postby Jeffrey Berry » 14 Jun 2013, 00:09

It would be nice to be able to get one of the people in your group to follow you, and help you cary items for so you can make room for more.
Jeffrey Berry 1

Postby Norbs » 16 Jun 2013, 03:38

i know why the cars are disapering now, iv parkd 4 cars on the spaces then 4 other cars around it, i then atemted to take anouther back to the base and just befor i got there it said because i had so many cars in 1 spot some one had taken it out for ajoyride meaning it had respawnd some where, i found the car that had gone just down the road :)
Norbs 17

Postby Tang1989 » 18 Jun 2013, 13:04

Hi... I still not receive the relocate mission yet.. I got 22 people in the Church and I'm doing other mission. The I doing now is Lone Soldier, but still not got relocate mission.. Need help??
Tang1989 1

Postby Norbs » 22 Jun 2013, 23:45

Tang1989 wrote:Hi... I still not receive the relocate mission yet.. I got 22 people in the Church and I'm doing other mission. The I doing now is Lone Soldier, but still not got relocate mission.. Need help??

it becomes available after youv saved jacob and done the mission it the big house on the very east of the map, then jacob should take you on a trip to find a new place
Norbs 17