to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Murdered: Soul Suspect - L.A. Noire meets Silent Hill in Air

Your comments on our articles.

First look at Square Enix's quirky paranormal detective sim

There's something rather lovable about Square Enix's handling of financial hardship. The company announced an extraordinary loss earlier this year, cue the resignation of its CEO, and has failed to achieve desired returns on Crystal Dynamics' Tomb Raider despite the latter selling in the region of four million copies worldwide. A publisher like Activision might have taken the opportunity to dig in, cutting riskier projects and doubling-down on sturdy, banal big hitters. Instead, Square Enix is running around pimping the likes of Murdered: Soul Suspect, a spectral detective 'em up that couldn't be less "triple-A" if it shipped in Middle English, wearing a top hat and cane.... read more

Murdered: Soul Suspect - L.A. Noire meets Silent Hill in Air

Postby Metalrodent » 10 Jun 2013, 13:38

walk through (certain) walls

cause that'l be good for the ol' immersion
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect - L.A. Noire meets Silent Hill in

Postby OXM ETboy » 10 Jun 2013, 14:11

Yeah, bit of a missing link there.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Bugsquat » 10 Jun 2013, 15:38

I must say, the game's tagline had me genuinely intrigued - I was envisioning something along the lines of; solving your murder in complete isolation without any detective-like resources at your disposal (being dead and all); dramatic irony between the main character and his colleagues on how much they each know, or progress with suspects; and emotional attachment to him when he is faced with moments of deep reflection, like why he is a ghost, who is responsible for that, etc. Now that I know it's about demons and magic and possession, I'm not so sure...
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
Bugsquat 30

Postby Ciaran Hillock » 10 Jun 2013, 16:34

Solving your own murder, reminds me of Shadow of Memories
Ciaran Hillock 8