to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One at E3 2013: all the big announcements in one place

Your comments on our articles.

Still catching up? Let us help with that

Microsoft's E3 2013 conference is over - an avalanche of next generation gameplay footage, new IP reveals and exclusivity partnerships. Still picking up the pieces? Let us help with that - here are all the big headlines in one place, plus captures from the video stream. We haven't written up everything just yet, so do check back in a few minutes.... read more

Xbox One at E3 2013: all the big announcements in one place

Postby J Meiser » 10 Jun 2013, 21:06

When I've finished watching previous E3s, there have always been a couple of games that make me go "Oooooh" or "Wow, I'm definitely getting that". This year, not quite so much. Don't get me wrong, they all looked really good but then, that is to be expected with a new console, but none of the games shown have gone straight onto my 'must-have' list.

In previous years, the likes of Crackdown (1 & 2) and Fable have got me amped to the point of combusting but nothing has had the same effect this year. It is always cool to see the Chief, Forza 5 looked great, TitanFall piqued my interest and Project Spark looked like it could be a lot of fun but, for me personally, I could have missed this briefing and not felt bad about it.

The price does hurt a bit, but that fact it *could* change is a glimmer of hope for us all. On the other hand, why should MS wait on Sony to announce their price before deciding to drop theirs?

Please excuse the rant - I had to get it all out in the open :?
J Meiser 39

Re: Xbox One at E3 2013: all the big announcements in one pl

Postby Roadrage00 » 11 Jun 2013, 00:23

How can anyone say there where no games that had the wow factor with the reveal of E3,for one I'm excited about the games coming to the xbox one,Forza 5 looks dam good and Ryse looks amazing and also the up coming Titanfall looks epic to say the least. For anyone to say there wasn't any games to inspire them so to speak you really should look again. I really am looking forward to the new xbox one yes the price is steep but what do you expect if your going to get a decent peace of hardware like the xbox one then I'm afraid you have to pay the price. I guess you will always have people moaning about it it's the way of life it's human nature for us to moan I expect most of the ones now moaning about the xbox one are quit possibly the same people who moaned about the 360 when it first came out and yet most of you still went out and bought one,all I'm going to say now is..........."NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER"..! Peace out and happy gaming..! :)
Roadrage00 4

Postby LethalBuddha » 11 Jun 2013, 01:33

Its a bit unfair how the console is £425 in the UK, yet in the US its $499 the equivalent of about £320.
.-- . .-.. .-.. / -.. --- -. . --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / .-- --- .-. -.- . -.. / --- ..- - / .- / .--. --- .. -. - .-.. . ... ... / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -- . ... ... .- --. .
LethalBuddha 32

Postby fracturedrich » 11 Jun 2013, 20:15

LethalBuddha wrote:Its a bit unfair how the console is £425 in the UK, yet in the US its $499 the equivalent of about £320.

Tax being almost draconian in the uk does not help with this,blaming microsoft here would not be to fair either.
fracturedrich 45

Postby groovingreg » 12 Jun 2013, 09:51

Forza5? Erm ok then. Gt6 is being released on the ps3 and is seriously competing with next gen with visuals that equal f5, check out you tube if you don't believe me. Now if gt6 is a contender to f5, then surely drive club is a scud missile aimed squarely at f5. It looks incredibly good a lot better than f5. But for me the humble 360 is the real champ this year at e3. And what a swan song for the best console of the last few years. Gratis games for gold owners, state of decay, world of tanks etc, etc. if ms loose the kinshite, all ways online, drm, extra logins for each person in my house hold and the extra £100 asking price compared to Sony and all the extra tat that I don't want and boost the graphics a little, then I might change my mind. I love my 360, it had everything I wanted. And for little longer still offer me what I want. The one hasn't offered me what I want and IF it does then I might. But I can't justify that price, at all. £500 or so with a game? Nah I'll pass thank you as that will buy me components for a nice PC. Sorry fanboys but that my honest opinion.
groovingreg 2