to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition release date and gameplay details

Your comments on our articles.

Dragons, ages, war, familiar faces

EA has revealed Dragon Age 3: Inquisition for release in fall 2014. It'll offer an open world.... read more

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition release date and gameplay details

Postby msbhvn » 10 Jun 2013, 21:43

That's definitely Morrigan, voiced by the delightful Claudia Black.

However, it'll take more than a CGI trailer to get me interested, EA.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Re: Dragon Age 3: Inquisition release date and gameplay deta

Postby Plamsa wing » 10 Jun 2013, 21:47

Yep that was Morrigan and I suspect she was talking about the old god baby at the end. Wonder what'll happen with our choices and the like, we most likely won't be able to import them, but hopefully they won't end up making them all void and go with a complete canon.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby msbhvn » 10 Jun 2013, 21:53

Since the creation of the baby was one of those choices, what's more likely?
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby Plamsa wing » 10 Jun 2013, 21:56

From what I can remember that was implied through all endings though. Something about a Morrigan like women with child being seen.

A man can wish they'll at least do a more in-depth comic like they did ME2 and the PS3.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby msbhvn » 10 Jun 2013, 22:01

Since EA prefer to chase new fans than keep old ones, I don't hold out much hope of any kind of meaningful link to Origins.

I'd put my money on bow/magic kill streaks before seeing the Warden again. :cry:
msbhvn 69

Postby SidTheSloth » 10 Jun 2013, 22:10

msbhvn wrote:I'd put my money on bow/magic kill streaks before seeing the Warden again. :cry:

***** SPOILERS FOR DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS: Warning for the inevitable asshat who will moan otherwise ******

Firstly, if you haven't played origins, wtf are you doing in this thread?

Don't overlook that some people's wardens died at the end of their playthrough, y'know, the valiant, heroic types who didn't persuade/con/force one of the others to stab el blighto? Would make a comeback tour preeeetty difficult...

I wasn't sure all of that trailer was CGI if im honest, some of it looked in-game, otherwise in places it was pretty shitty CGI. Will need to watch again to be sure though.

Did Morrigan 'look weird' too?
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Plamsa wing » 10 Jun 2013, 22:13

Looked a bit older to me and slighty flemeth.

SidTheSloth wrote:Don't overlook that some people's wardens died at the end of their playthrough, y'know, the valiant, heroic types who didn't persuade/con/force one of the others to stab el blighto? Would make a comeback tour preeeetty difficult...

To be fair, they did bring Leliana back for some people in Dragon Age 2. In fact I'm pretty sure I cut her pretty head off on Origins.

Edit: That dwarf was Varric by the by, one of the very very few characters in DA2 that I actually liked.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby msbhvn » 10 Jun 2013, 22:18

The YouTube version in the article looks like ass, even at 720p, so I could be wrong about the CGI. :oops:

I'd say most people didn't let their Warden die, at least after Awakening came out.

I'm thinking the plot of DA3 will possibly involve Morrigan's baby trying to awaken the remaining Archdemons. There are four left, I believe, after the third Blight was ended in Origins.

The Mage/Templar war is going to have to fizzle out as the hero of DA3 unites everyone against the god child and the Archdemons.

Varric was the only reason DA2 didn't completely suck donkey balls.
Last edited by msbhvn on 10 Jun 2013, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
msbhvn 69

Postby SidTheSloth » 10 Jun 2013, 22:19

Yup, pretty sure Cassandra was the one leading the charge in a few of the battle scenes too. Was rumoured that'd be the character you control but was very unclear from all that.

Surely there's got to be something warden related if Morrigan's back? Please...? For the love of god... At least tell us what the eluvians do? And don't say the ghost kid from ME was in fact Morrigans demi-god baby and he'll make an appearance here at the end too, letting you choose which of three colours with which to let the eluvians explode?!! :x
SidTheSloth 54

Postby msbhvn » 10 Jun 2013, 22:21

SidTheSloth wrote:And don't say the ghost kid from ME was in fact Morrigans demi-god baby and he'll make an appearance here at the end too, letting you choose which of three colours with which to let the eluvians explode?!! :x

OMGWTFBBQ! DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!!!!!1 :evil:
msbhvn 69

Postby SidTheSloth » 10 Jun 2013, 22:22

msbhvn wrote:
SidTheSloth wrote:Surely there's got to be something warden related if Morrigan's back? Please...? For the love of god... At least tell us what the eluvians do? And don't say the ghost kid from ME was in fact Morrigans demi-god baby and he'll make an appearance here at the end too, letting you choose which of three colours with which to let the eluvians explode?!! :x

OMGWTFBBQ! DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!!!!!1 :evil:

I'm already waiting to hear about the brand new 'pay-per-save-file-import' feature they're delighted to bring us by harnessing the power of Frostbite 3! :wink:
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Plamsa wing » 10 Jun 2013, 22:30

SidTheSloth wrote:And don't say the ghost kid from ME was in fact Morrigans demi-god baby and he'll make an appearance here at the end too, letting you choose which of three colours with which to let the eluvians explode?!! :x

SidTheSloth wrote:I'm already waiting to hear about the brand new 'pay-per-save-file-import' feature they're delighted to bring us by harnessing the power of Frostbite 3! :wink:

You're a sick sloth man!
Plamsa wing 57

Postby Skippy_Live » 11 Jun 2013, 09:48

msbhvn wrote:I'm thinking the plot of DA3 will possibly involve Morrigan's baby trying to awaken the remaining Archdemons. There are four left, I believe, after the third Blight was ended in Origins.

I thought that in Origins it was the fifth blight and that there were four old gods/ big dragons left.
Also, wasn't importing saves confirmed for DA3?
Skippy_Live 26

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Jun 2013, 09:51

Skippy_Live wrote:
msbhvn wrote:I'm thinking the plot of DA3 will possibly involve Morrigan's baby trying to awaken the remaining Archdemons. There are four left, I believe, after the third Blight was ended in Origins.

I thought that in Origins it was the fifth blight and that there were four old gods/ big dragons left.
Also, wasn't importing saves confirmed for DA3?

Not sure how they can really import saves if the saves are on a different (noncompatible) machine. I think the best we can hope for is a quick question and answer session to try and set up what we thought happened.

And I think I missed the bit about the number of arch demons left. Where was it mentioned?
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator