OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Your comments on our articles.

Happy birthday to us, happy birthday to us

OXM's 100th anniversary issue is now on sale, and in a very pleasant coincidence, the cover star is Microsoft's next generation console, Xbox One. Sprawled across pages 25 to 31 is our guide to the new machine and its capabilities, followed by 14 pages of previews spanning key next gen titles like Watch Dogs, Forza Motorsport 5, Need for Speed: Rivals and Call of Duty: Ghosts.... read more

OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby Metalrodent » 11 Jun 2013, 10:51

competitions, trials of Battleblocks and FC3 BD and room for actual juurnurlusm - methinks I'll be picking this up
Last edited by Metalrodent on 11 Jun 2013, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
User avatar
Metalrodent 72
 
Posts: 5430
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 15:22

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby OXM ETboy » 11 Jun 2013, 10:52

juurnurlusm


Yeah, we actually met a bunch of people and asked them stuff about games and that. I was surprised.
User avatar
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff
 
Posts: 3623
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 18:07

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 11 Jun 2013, 12:03

Well, happy birthday - and I've been with you every step of the way as I have bought (and still have!) every single copy! :lol:
User avatar
AllusiveTurtle 44
 
Posts: 673
Joined: 07 May 2011, 17:57
Location: United Kingdom

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby OXM ETboy » 11 Jun 2013, 12:11

Thanks Allusive - you're a gent :)
User avatar
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff
 
Posts: 3623
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 18:07

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby hazy33 » 11 Jun 2013, 13:54

A hundred issues and it marks the exact time Xbox starts to die :(

The arrogance and sense of entitlement that MS and their developers have is truly epic.
I love my 360 but E3 and their policies couldn't have gone worse.
Who would've thought we'd all be cheering Sony when they announced no second hand restrictions.
Xbox One...no Xbox Lost.
hazy33 25
 
Posts: 126
Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 01:05
Location: United Kingdom

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Jun 2013, 14:02

hazy33 wrote:A hundred issues and it marks the exact time Xbox starts to die :(

The arrogance and sense of entitlement that MS and their developers have is truly epic.
I love my 360 but E3 and their policies couldn't have gone worse.
Who would've thought we'd all be cheering Sony when they announced no second hand restrictions.
Xbox One...no Xbox Lost.


One person's opinion. I feel the Xbox One is exactly the machine I've always wanted.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
User avatar
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 11637
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby OXM ETboy » 11 Jun 2013, 14:12

I'm torn, frankly. On the one (One) hand I prefer Microsoft's games line-up - Sony's exclusives are oddly scanty right now, though it's mostly a question of taste. On the other I prefer the PS4 hardware/RRP.

What the hell am I talking about - I'll wind up getting both, I'm sure.
User avatar
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff
 
Posts: 3623
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 18:07

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Jun 2013, 14:16

OXM ETboy wrote:I'm torn, frankly. On the one (One) hand I prefer Microsoft's games line-up - Sony's exclusives are oddly scanty right now, though it's mostly a question of taste. On the other I prefer the PS4 hardware/RRP.

What the hell am I talking about - I'll wind up getting both, I'm sure.


Ah but you would say that, being a tool of Microsoft :wink: :lol:
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
User avatar
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 11637
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby OXM ETboy » 11 Jun 2013, 14:17

Sorry, what were we talking about? I was off sacrificing a PS3 to Satan.
User avatar
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff
 
Posts: 3623
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 18:07

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby vadersmyfather » 11 Jun 2013, 14:17

OXM ETboy wrote:I'm torn, frankly. On the one (One) hand I prefer Microsoft's games line-up - Sony's exclusives are oddly scanty right now, though it's mostly a question of taste. On the other I prefer the PS4 hardware/RRP.

What the hell am I talking about - I'll wind up getting both, I'm sure.


Very honest of you.

What are the real benefits of getting both? Presumably apart from a few exclusives the games line up will be mostly identical.
Last edited by vadersmyfather on 11 Jun 2013, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
User avatar
vadersmyfather 50
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 15:16
Location: United Kingdom

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby KernowDevil23 » 11 Jun 2013, 14:18

Calling Ed a tool will get you whacked with something more frightening than a Kendo stick! Tread carefully! :lol:
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
User avatar
KernowDevil23 56
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 21:53

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Jun 2013, 14:35

KernowDevil23 wrote:Calling Ed a tool will get you whacked with something more frightening than a Kendo stick! Tread carefully! :lol:


I was just winding him up following all the bias accusations he's received from first time posters recently despite the very balanced and often critical coverage OXM have given.

Hopefully he gets that, the fact my response made almost no sense in light of what he said should give away I was joking

please don't ban me, I have no other friends :cry:
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
User avatar
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 11637
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 11 Jun 2013, 14:36

Congrats on the 100th issue guys.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
User avatar
Wadium_Arcadium 38
 
Posts: 506
Joined: 11 Sep 2010, 17:46
Location: United Kingdom

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby hazy33 » 11 Jun 2013, 14:44

CunningSmile wrote:
hazy33 wrote:A hundred issues and it marks the exact time Xbox starts to die :(

The arrogance and sense of entitlement that MS and their developers have is truly epic.
I love my 360 but E3 and their policies couldn't have gone worse.
Who would've thought we'd all be cheering Sony when they announced no second hand restrictions.
Xbox One...no Xbox Lost.


One person's opinion. I feel the Xbox One is exactly the machine I've always wanted.


The XBone has some great exclusives but the whole always on and second hand game fiasco is absolutely crazy. Why would you want to be treated like that? Along with Kinect (which no-one wants) built it and the £80 price difference. Think with your head not your heart.

ETBoy will be getting both, of course it's his job. But you just know in the OXM office everyone is saying WTF has Microsoft done!? And how can we damage limitation this in the magazine when we ourselves think it's ridiculous and totally anti consumer.

"...Microsoft declared war not on Sony, but on the common consumer. For that, I'm all about the #PS4 right now." -- @JimSterling
hazy33 25
 
Posts: 126
Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 01:05
Location: United Kingdom

Re: OXM 100: Xbox One! GTA 5! Forza Motorsport 5! Prizes!

Postby vadersmyfather » 11 Jun 2013, 14:47

hazy33 wrote:you just know in the OXM office everyone is saying WTF has Microsoft done!? And how can we damage limitation this in the magazine when we ourselves think it's ridiculous and totally anti consumer.


LOL Ed, can you confirm or deny words to this effect? :P
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
User avatar
vadersmyfather 50
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 15:16
Location: United Kingdom

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]