to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One Day One Edition details and screenshots - free Kill

Your comments on our articles.

Boasting tools for first day purchases

The first run of Xbox One consoles will come packed with an exclusive gamer Achievement for your profile, as well as a commemorative controller.... read more

Xbox One Day One Edition details and screenshots - free Kill

Postby Currambo » 11 Jun 2013, 20:49

Hope they add a headset in there!!
Currambo 54

Re: Xbox One Day One Edition details and screenshots - free

Postby Bezza89 » 11 Jun 2013, 21:15

lazercut123 wrote:£429 = $668.68

$499 = £320.14

2 Prostitutes = 7 bacon sandwiches

20 bacon sandwiches = 1 prostitute.

That's your logic :wink:
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Postby Skipstream » 11 Jun 2013, 21:33

Bezza89 wrote:
lazercut123 wrote:£429 = $668.68

$499 = £320.14

2 Prostitutes = 7 bacon sandwiches

20 bacon sandwiches = 1 prostitute.

That's your logic :wink:

F@@ing hilarious :-)
Skipstream 50

Postby battfink83 » 11 Jun 2013, 22:14

just pre ordered two, one for me and one for my son, £860........ youchers
battfink83 52

Postby KernowDevil23 » 11 Jun 2013, 22:17

battfink83 wrote:just pre ordered two, one for me and one for my son, £860........ youchers

Are you only paying £2 postage?
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby battfink83 » 11 Jun 2013, 22:27

KernowDevil23 wrote:
battfink83 wrote:just pre ordered two, one for me and one for my son, £860........ youchers

Are you only paying £2 postage?

free next day DPD postage with shopto.net.... and so it should be for £857.. lol
battfink83 52

Postby msbhvn » 11 Jun 2013, 23:13

It's a pretty lame bonus for shelling out 430 notes! Unless that "special" controller is an extra one, then I'll shut up. :lol:
Massively Multiplatform since ever, fanboys!
msbhvn 69

Postby Bezza89 » 12 Jun 2013, 10:55

I only understand currency when it's converted into prostitutes whose worth is then deduced by bacon sandwiches, but when I paid £800 probably more for my PC which probably isn't as powerful as the xbox one and does a lot of stuff 'I don't even want' like picture editors etc, I didn't bat an eye. Maybe it was a lot more bacon sandwiches than I realise, but I think in life you get what you pay for, I wanted simplicity, power and reliability and I paid for it.

Back in 2005, I wonder what the £280 would actually be in todays money value? Whilst I do agree the price conversion is really off as playfully as I quote out of context figures, I'm not sure £429 is bad, if you get a free game with it? Or free gold membership? This is what ms can do to sweeten the blow without backtracking their figures, sure you can get a ps4 but you'd need to pay for a new game... (shut up about it still being cheaper lol). It's an issue for ms in my opinion, but there's brand loyalty.

I asked my brother if he'd get a PS4 or Xbox One without telling him anything, he said an Xbox One, I told him the prices, he said an Xbox One. I asked why and he said he loves xbox and live, if his mates got one, he'd get one - and apparently they're all saying the same thing. These are the kids of the age who would ask ma n pa until they got what they wanted.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Postby SilentDark » 12 Jun 2013, 11:12

The first run of Xbox One consoles will come packed with an exclusive gamer Achievement for your profile, as well as a commemorative controller.

Seriously?

They are seriously doing this?

An achievement as a selling point for day one purchases. There are no words.
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 65

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Jun 2013, 11:15

Bezza89 wrote:I only understand currency when it's converted into prostitutes whose worth is then deduced by bacon sandwiches, but when I paid £800 probably more for my PC which probably isn't as powerful as the xbox one and does a lot of stuff 'I don't even want' like picture editors etc, I didn't bat an eye. Maybe it was a lot more bacon sandwiches than I realise, but I think in life you get what you pay for, I wanted simplicity, power and reliability and I paid for it.

Back in 2005, I wonder what the £280 would actually be in todays money value? Whilst I do agree the price conversion is really off as playfully as I quote out of context figures, I'm not sure £429 is bad, if you get a free game with it? Or free gold membership? This is what ms can do to sweeten the blow without backtracking their figures, sure you can get a ps4 but you'd need to pay for a new game... (shut up about it still being cheaper lol). It's an issue for ms in my opinion, but there's brand loyalty.

I asked my brother if he'd get a PS4 or Xbox One without telling him anything, he said an Xbox One, I told him the prices, he said an Xbox One. I asked why and he said he loves xbox and live, if his mates got one, he'd get one - and apparently they're all saying the same thing. These are the kids of the age who would ask ma n pa until they got what they wanted.

Meanwhile I asked a friend last night which he would get and he said the PS4 because the One was too expensive at £429...whilst he looked up the prices on his £500 phone :roll:
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby SilentDark » 12 Jun 2013, 11:25

CunningSmile wrote:Meanwhile I asked a friend last night which he would get and he said the PS4 because the One was too expensive at £429...whilst he looked up the prices on his £500 phone :roll:

What! :shock: I could probably build a half decent PC for that price.
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 65

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Jun 2013, 11:39

SilentDark wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:Meanwhile I asked a friend last night which he would get and he said the PS4 because the One was too expensive at £429...whilst he looked up the prices on his £500 phone :roll:

What! :shock: I could probably build a half decent PC for that price.

iPhone 5 direct from Apple rather than through a network. Hundred quid more than the One, and about as useful if not connected to the internet.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby terry cheyne » 12 Jun 2013, 13:23

cunningsmile i've got a 10 quid mobile i just hate them the worst thing ever invented
terry cheyne 47

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Jun 2013, 13:37

terry cheyne wrote:cunningsmile i've got a 10 quid mobile i just hate them the worst thing ever invented

Have to admit I have an iPhone, but I got it free and it replaced a phone I'd had for 5 years.

But I do find it odd that certain people are happy to spend £500 on a phone, and probably then do the same again a few months later when the next one comes out, but are complaining that the price of consoles is too high!

Suppose it's just me being logical again :roll:
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby benden74 » 12 Jun 2013, 13:42

CunningSmile wrote:
terry cheyne wrote:cunningsmile i've got a 10 quid mobile i just hate them the worst thing ever invented

Have to admit I have an iPhone, but I got it free and it replaced a phone I'd had for 5 years.

But I do find it odd that certain people are happy to spend £500 on a phone, and probably then do the same again a few months later when the next one comes out, but are complaining that the price of consoles is too high!

Suppose it's just me being logical again :roll:

Never bring logic into a purchase which involves emotion :D Seriously though Killer Instinct I remember playing that back in a dingey arcade in cyprus back in 1994 and the only thing I can remember was some cyborg pulling off his head and shooting me with a machine gun underneath. I could be wrong about that I was 19 at the time but it isn't really any incentive for me to get the xbox one.
benden74 23

Next