to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One-supported Live countries announced

Your comments on our articles.

Can you play online on day one?

Microsoft has listed the countries that will be able to play online on Xbox Live at launch.... read more

Re: Xbox One-supported Live countries announced

Postby Bugsquat » 12 Jun 2013, 22:30

It'll launch first in most of Europe, all of North America, and bits of Oceania...And we wonder why the Asians so dislike the West :roll:
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
Bugsquat 31

Postby hazy33 » 12 Jun 2013, 23:10

Bugsquat wrote:It'll launch first in most of Europe, all of North America, and bits of Oceania...And we wonder why the Asians so dislike the West :roll:

They don't. American culture is massive in Japan.
hazy33 25

Postby TheImortalChor » 13 Jun 2013, 00:55

Any word on if America will get Xbox One first ? Or is it a worldwide release ?(In Specified Areas)
Conchúr
TheImortalChor 28

Postby CunningSmile » 13 Jun 2013, 09:48

TheImortalChor wrote:Any word on if America will get Xbox One first ? Or is it a worldwide release ?(In Specified Areas)

One of the articles (I forget which one as Edwin is posting about 15 a second) says there will be a world wide release. Might have been the one about the limited edition launch controller.

However MS idea of a worldwide release and ours may differ. Just like the Americans manage to have world championships of sports only they play, they may consider a US launch that includes Hawaii to be worldwide.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby TheImortalChor » 13 Jun 2013, 12:13

CunningSmile wrote:
TheImortalChor wrote:Any word on if America will get Xbox One first ? Or is it a worldwide release ?(In Specified Areas)

One of the articles (I forget which one as Edwin is posting about 15 a second) says there will be a world wide release. Might have been the one about the limited edition launch controller.

However MS idea of a worldwide release and ours may differ. Just like the Americans manage to have world championships of sports only they play, they may consider a US launch that includes Hawaii to be worldwide.

Alright cool thanks! Only time will tell :!:
Conchúr
TheImortalChor 28

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 15 Jun 2013, 22:35

As Gibraltar is a UK territory, is it included within those countries that will be supported? Thanks :?:
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby ChocoROID » 18 Jun 2013, 18:13

AllusiveTurtle wrote:As Gibraltar is a UK territory, is it included within those countries that will be supported? Thanks :?:

I wouldn't count on it, all he UK territories are so sparsely spread around the world that they would likely be listed individually, or grouped with their nearest neighbouring countries.

Lucky for you Gibraltar probably will have it considering that you're pretty much in Spain.
To be sure I'd email Microsoft. They normally get back pretty fast on things like that.
This is my signature. Isn't it pretty?
ChocoROID 27

Postby alienroc » 19 Jun 2013, 06:56

The 360 has region locking. I wonder if it's the same? Anyone know?
alienroc 12

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 19 Jun 2013, 09:34

alienroc wrote:The 360 has region locking. I wonder if it's the same? Anyone know?

Microsoft have confirmed that discs will be region locked as before with the 360, whereas the Playstation will continue to be region free (just saying!)...
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby Metalrodent » 19 Jun 2013, 10:30

AllusiveTurtle wrote:
alienroc wrote:The 360 has region locking. I wonder if it's the same? Anyone know?

Microsoft have confirmed that discs will be region locked as before with the 360, whereas the Playstation will continue to be region free (just saying!)...

Which is a damn shame, because we continue to miss out on the chance to play loads of great US and Japan exlusives
(well, ok mainly shitty anime games but still)

I mean, who wouldn't want to import Bacon Whores 4 - the Return of the B Daddy?
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby CunningSmile » 19 Jun 2013, 10:34

Metalrodent wrote: who wouldn't want to import Bacon Whores 4 - the Return of the B Daddy?

Everyone except you and possible Bezza
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby alienroc » 19 Jun 2013, 11:48

AllusiveTurtle wrote:

Well the reason I was asking was that the region locking for the 360 was such that I was still able to take my 260 to India and play with it and the discs bought in the UK (my account was created in the UK). So if that is the case with the One....well. I might get to play it a little earlier than normal.
alienroc 12

Postby FishyGinger » 19 Jun 2013, 11:52

Don't know why this sprung to mind but it's a good question about region locking. The discs are locked but what about downloadable content (i.e. full games downloaded)?
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby SidTheSloth » 19 Jun 2013, 12:04

FishyGinger wrote:Don't know why this sprung to mind but it's a good question about region locking. The discs are locked but what about downloadable content (i.e. full games downloaded)?

DLC is a weird one. I still have a UK account which i can use to download the majority of stuff off XBL, but there's some stuff i can't as it knows my IP address is from a different location - but weirdly the same region. I can't buy a lot of GoD, or even some arcade titles such as Dead Rising: Case Zero. My point is there are definitely restrictions on the digital stuff.

In other news, MS introduced the facility recently to transfer your XBL account between regions too, but again, whilst the majority of your DLC will map across, anything locked by region apparently won't so you can effectively lose access to stuff you've paid for. Not that i've looked into or got any vested interest in this whatsoever of course...
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby CunningSmile » 19 Jun 2013, 12:07

FishyGinger wrote:Don't know why this sprung to mind but it's a good question about region locking. The discs are locked but what about downloadable content (i.e. full games downloaded)?

Don't know about DLC specifically, but I've used the dog's US account to download other stuff from XBLA and I've been able to access it easily enough so long as I've been on the same console, however if I've tried to access Netflix it comes up with a legal disclaimer explaining I'm in the wrong country.

I think otherwise it doesn't really come up as you can't register a profile on the UK region and then access the US dash, but registering in a different country from where you are does allow limited access.
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Next