to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Square Enix: action-based combat fits Final Fantasy 15

Your comments on our articles.

"There's future for both action-based RPG and command-based RPG"

In a private E3 Q&A session attended by our very own Jonty and other members of the press, Final Fantasy brand director Shinji Hashimoto fielded questions on the future of the newly announced Final Fantasy XV.... read more

Square Enix: action-based combat fits Final Fantasy 15

Postby Metalrodent » 13 Jun 2013, 11:41

I wasn't aware Altaïr was in the FF series :lol:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Re: Square Enix: action-based combat fits Final Fantasy 15

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 13 Jun 2013, 11:59

Any mention of summons being in FFXV?
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby SilentDark » 13 Jun 2013, 13:06

-sigh-

Dear Sqeenix

Could you please stop trying to innovate your Final Fantasy franchise, you really suck at it. Every game since ten has gotten progressively worse, only the side games and spin offs have been any good. Let me tell you a story of another group of developers, let's call them Sonic Team. They tried to innovate their series called Sonic the Hedgehog, but they could never seemingly break that so called polygon ceiling. While Super Mario transitioned seamlessly into 3D, the little Blue fella just couldn't seem to get it. Their classic side scrolling Sonic Advance/Rush series was doing very well, sticking to the classic formula on the handhelds seemed to work. But their console games just never seemed to resonate with the fans,

Then came Sonic colours. Sonic Colours stripped out most the extra cast, only Sonic, Tails and Eggman returned. Although the game was 3D and sometimes used the behind character 3D view for certain sections, quite a bit of the game was old school 2D Sonic platforming, but with sexy new visuals, This was the first truly great 3D Sonic game and finally saw the blue rodent get a console release that gave the fans what they wanted.

So guys, innovation can be good, but can also be more trouble than it's worth. Go back to basics, that is what this franchise needs, alternatively outsource it to Mistwalker. They know what they're doing.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely

SilentDark

P.S. If you do a remake of 7 I will kill you. Just something to bear in mind. :twisted:
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 13 Jun 2013, 14:00

SilentDark wrote:P.S. If you do a remake of 7 I will kill you. Just something to bear in mind. :twisted:

I don't think they will ever do a remake of FF7. They would need change too much plot wise.

Personally I think its a shame as Advent Children had such a dystopian feel that gave it more of an adult theme compared to the actual game and it would be interesting to see the rest of Gaia recreated in the same vein
Johnbhoy69 55