to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battlefiel

Your comments on our articles.

"Because that would be boring, right?"

DICE's Patrick Bach has spoken up to reassure Battlefront fans that the studio won't just churn out a Battlefield clone set in the Star Wars universe.... read more

DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battlefiel

Postby Ciaran Hillock » 13 Jun 2013, 12:44

I'd buy it even if it was a battlefield clone, I love Star Wars battlefront. I would probably buy a new console for this game alone, as long as they don't mess it up.
Ciaran Hillock 9
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 13 Dec 2012, 00:53

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby LeeJ2512 » 13 Jun 2013, 13:13

I just love the whole double bluff thing they had going on. They said "yeah we cancelled Battlefront 3" to make us ALL want it more, the kind of "we want what we can't have" kinda thing. Very smart way of promoting a game, cannot wait!
LeeJ2512 20
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 07 Mar 2013, 22:56
Location: United Kingdom

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby CunningSmile » 13 Jun 2013, 13:17

LeeJ2512 wrote:I just love the whole double bluff thing they had going on. They said "yeah we cancelled Battlefront 3" to make us ALL want it more, the kind of "we want what we can't have" kinda thing. Very smart way of promoting a game, cannot wait!


I think LucasArts did genuinely cancel it. That's because they are and have always been idiots. Meanwhile EA aren't which is why they've now got Dice making a new one.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
User avatar
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 10846
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby SilentDark » 13 Jun 2013, 13:30

We don't want Star Wars plus Battlefield, because that would be boring, right?


I have a very long memory. I will be watching you DICE.
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 64
 
Posts: 2403
Joined: 10 Jan 2013, 15:40
Location: United Kingdom

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby Bugsquat » 13 Jun 2013, 14:30

'That's because they are and have always been idiots.'

I would contend that their early point-and-click stuff was pretty good, Grim Fandango and all that. But they have recently been bad - I just wanted to say that they're not all bad people.
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
User avatar
Bugsquat 31
 
Posts: 158
Joined: 20 May 2013, 15:19
Location: United Kingdom

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby CunningSmile » 13 Jun 2013, 14:48

Bugsquat wrote:'That's because they are and have always been idiots.'

I would contend that their early point-and-click stuff was pretty good, Grim Fandango and all that. But they have recently been bad - I just wanted to say that they're not all bad people.


I don't think they are all bad, and agree that a lot of their early point and click stuff was very good, but for the last 15 odd years the heads of LucasArts have made one baffling decision after another, particularly with the Star Wars franchise and it's resulted in a long sucession of very mediocre games
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
User avatar
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 10846
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby Decent_Jam » 13 Jun 2013, 19:01

Since I've never had the pleasure of Battlefront I am really looking forward to this.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of Battlefield's elements creeping in, like destruction, I like the sound of escaping from Echo Base with it crumbling around me.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Destiny, Watch Dogs, TF, KI, Forza 5 - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
User avatar
Decent_Jam 61
 
Posts: 3901
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 10:50
Location: United Kingdom

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby Metalrodent » 13 Jun 2013, 19:09

Decent_Jam wrote:Since I've never had the pleasure of Battlefront I am really looking forward to this.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of Battlefield's elements creeping in, like destruction, I like the sound of escaping from Echo Base with it crumbling around me.


YOU HAVEN'T LIVED MAN!

but totally agree that destruction would be great, the (vehicle) damage models and explosions were great for their time so Frostbite could do some great things
Image
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
User avatar
Metalrodent 71
 
Posts: 5052
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 15:22

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby KernowDevil23 » 13 Jun 2013, 19:10

Decent_Jam wrote:Since I've never had the pleasure of Battlefront I am really looking forward to this.


Really??!!

Jeez, I feel for 'ya!
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
User avatar
KernowDevil23 56
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 21:53

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby Maximus T » 13 Jun 2013, 19:39

I hope they bring back a new and improved version of my favourite mode: Galactic Conquest. Awesome stuff.
Image
A benzene ring changes everything.
User avatar
Maximus T 68
 
Posts: 2157
Joined: 14 May 2013, 14:40
Location: United Kingdom

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby Bezza89 » 13 Jun 2013, 19:42

Biggest fear about the game was it becoming Star Wars battlefield, don't get me wrong, Battlefield is great, but Battlefront is a different ball park, or pimps territory delete as applicable.

I want the third and first person coming back, with vehicles utilising fp better. Space battles that go into planets like what BF3 was going to be.

I'd sell my soul for this if it's done right, I have it on steam if there's any takers for Battlefront 2?
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
User avatar
Bezza89 68
 
Posts: 7772
Joined: 17 May 2010, 13:30
Location: United Kingdom

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby SkinnerChinner » 13 Jun 2013, 21:25

Bezza89 wrote:Biggest fear about the game was it becoming Star Wars battlefield, don't get me wrong, Battlefield is great, but Battlefront is a different ball park, or pimps territory delete as applicable.

I want the third and first person coming back, with vehicles utilising fp better. Space battles that go into planets like what BF3 was going to be.

I'd sell my soul for this if it's done right, I have it on steam if there's any takers for Battlefront 2?


"A simple BF3 Star Wars re-skin, a Battlefront 3 would not make" *poorly impersonated Yoda*

Pretty much what I'm hoping aswell, not that Battlefront wouldn't benefit from some BF3 elements - destructible environments, greater emphasis on team-work, more vehicles, more game modes etc... but a simple SW paint job won't do it. Hope they keep the 3rd/1st person aswell. I'd be interested if they're going to keep NPC's in, or what the player cap will be.
SkinnerChinner 36
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 17 Apr 2012, 11:44

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby Bezza89 » 13 Jun 2013, 22:13

I'd be interested in Battlefield 4s player count actually too, and wouldn't mind seeing a map pack for battlefield 4 tide us over with a star wars theme whilst we wait - if they're starting from scratch should be 2 years off.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
User avatar
Bezza89 68
 
Posts: 7772
Joined: 17 May 2010, 13:30
Location: United Kingdom

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby Plamsa wing » 13 Jun 2013, 22:19

They really need to do it right, they already have Battlefield 2142 for their Battlefield sci-fi shooter.

Hopfully they'll add the third or first person option too.
I've bitten off more than I can choux.
User avatar
Plamsa wing 56
 
Posts: 2995
Joined: 19 Oct 2011, 13:59

Re: DICE: Star Wars Battlefront won't be just another Battle

Postby SkinnerChinner » 14 Jun 2013, 10:51

Bezza89 wrote:I'd be interested in Battlefield 4s player count actually too, and wouldn't mind seeing a map pack for battlefield 4 tide us over with a star wars theme whilst we wait - if they're starting from scratch should be 2 years off.


Wasn't it confirmed as 64 players on consoles? (along with the 'Commander Mode' announcement). After playing BF3 on a mate's computer, there's quite a difference...so I'd have thought that would be the minimum for Battlefront, depending how large the maps are, and whether space/land battles are 'simulanteous' (which would be epic!).

SW map pack? How about expansion along the lines of BC2: Vietnam? 8)
SkinnerChinner 36
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 17 Apr 2012, 11:44

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bezza89 and 5 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]