to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Phil Spencer on Xbox One - "we're always listening"

Your comments on our articles.

Microsoft Studios boss talks policies, sounds a bit creepy

Speaking to CVG, Microsoft's Phil Spencer has detailed more of the Xbox One plan.... read more

Phil Spencer on Xbox One - "we're always listening"

Postby squirrelofDoom » 13 Jun 2013, 16:20

They will have to react if the PS4 outsells the X1, which it will by a lot if the word on the web is to believed. One reason I'm not parting with any cash for about a year or more, whatever console I choose.
squirrelofDoom 26

Re: Phil Spencer on Xbox One -

Postby vadersmyfather » 13 Jun 2013, 16:26

"take advantage of advantages"

That's a phrase I will have to use more often.

There's a lot of long words that I had to look up, vagueness, and pointing out the obvious ("they'll look at everything that's included in our box and obviously they're going to make the choice") in that lot.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby FishyGinger » 13 Jun 2013, 16:29

squirrelofDoom wrote:They will have to react if the PS4 outsells the X1, which it will by a lot if the word on the web is to believed. One reason I'm not parting with any cash for about a year or more, whatever console I choose.

The wii was terrible and everyone hated it apparently but that sold billions. Call of Duty is the worst game ever made and everybody hates it but that sells in the trillions. If you listened to the web and took it to heart you'd probably get a hernia.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby TheImortalChor » 13 Jun 2013, 16:30

squirrelofDoom wrote:They will have to react if the PS4 outsells the X1, which it will by a lot if the word on the web is to believed. One reason I'm not parting with any cash for about a year or more, whatever console I choose.

He means Xbox One does'nt have to react to PS4's conference.
Conchúr
TheImortalChor 28

Postby vadersmyfather » 13 Jun 2013, 16:31

FishyGinger wrote:

The wii was terrible and everyone hated it apparently but that sold billions. Call of Duty is the worst game ever made and everybody hates it but that sells in the trillions.

Who are you, Doctor Evil?
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby FishyGinger » 13 Jun 2013, 16:34

I don't have that advanced a degree, I'm merely Bachelor Evil.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby vadersmyfather » 13 Jun 2013, 16:35

FishyGinger wrote:I don't have that advanced a degree, I'm merely Bachelor Evil.

And single too?
vadersmyfather 47

Postby FishyGinger » 13 Jun 2013, 17:04

No, then I'd be bachelor Bachelor Evil.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby squirrelofDoom » 13 Jun 2013, 17:05

FishyGinger wrote:

The wii was terrible and everyone hated it apparently but that sold billions. Call of Duty is the worst game ever made and everybody hates it but that sells in the trillions. If you listened to the web and took it to heart you'd probably get a hernia.

I agree totally with people getting a hernia, I'm almost certain there are a few computer screens that have brain matter splatter after heads exploding. I'm still gunning for Xbox one to be my weapon of choice, Halo is the big one for me, but also like to play the field. I waited a year before I jumped to the 360.
squirrelofDoom 26

Postby TheImortalChor » 13 Jun 2013, 17:11

FishyGinger wrote:

You Sir, are a hero! ahahah
Conchúr
TheImortalChor 28

Postby Nintendoro » 13 Jun 2013, 17:44

People care about games and bluray most of all. The damn Kinect is something not many need but it's included in the bundle anyway. That means bundle price is automaticly higher than ps4. Why the hell do we all need Kinect suddenly? Why cant we just pay £350 and enjoy xb1 simply playing games or watching films without it? I would love to get xb1 at launch but thinking about ps4 due to it's price, easy access to games and no stupid pre-owned game restrictions. It makes me mad that MS wants gamers to pay higher price for less freedom and a bloody Kinect thing that most do not need (may it be fun to use...). MS better give gamers 12 moth live membership or a free game with every bundle, or not many will buy one. I love xbox, but hate MS for many ideas they brought to that amazing next gen system. If MS is listening, they better make some changes or my money goes to Sony. Time is running BTW
Nintendoro 24

Postby Decent_Jam » 13 Jun 2013, 18:52

Nintendoro wrote:People care about games and bluray most of all. The damn Kinect is something not many need but it's included in the bundle anyway. That means bundle price is automaticly higher than ps4. Why the hell do we all need Kinect suddenly? Why cant we just pay £350 and enjoy xb1 simply playing games or watching films without it? I would love to get xb1 at launch but thinking about ps4 due to it's price, easy access to games and no stupid pre-owned game restrictions. It makes me mad that MS wants gamers to pay higher price for less freedom and a bloody Kinect thing that most do not need (may it be fun to use...). MS better give gamers 12 moth live membership or a free game with every bundle, or not many will buy one. I love xbox, but hate MS for many ideas they brought to that amazing next gen system. If MS is listening, they better make some changes or my money goes to Sony. Time is running BTW

In the grand scheme of things, especially if it lasts 10 years, is £80 really going to make much of a difference? Just go without food for a couple of weeks or something.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Destiny, Watch Dogs, TF, KI, Forza 5 - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 62

Postby KernowDevil23 » 13 Jun 2013, 19:16

Decent_Jam wrote:In the grand scheme of things, especially if it lasts 10 years, is £80 really going to make much of a difference? Just go without food for a couple of weeks or something.

I'll remind you of that when you have a wife/mortgage/children & actual adult responsibilities......
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Nintendoro » 13 Jun 2013, 19:34

KernowDevil23 wrote:I'll remind you of that when you have a wife/mortgage/children & actual adult responsibilities......

Well said mate. Well said. Most of xbox fans are grownups and have families including myself. £430 is not a sum everyone like me is willing to frow away just like that. No matter how many years the system is planned to live. There are no reasons enough for me to do that, when I can spend £350 for PS4 and be free to play anyones games on my system, when I can selll my old game in order to get cash for a new one. Why should I bother then?
Nintendoro 24

Postby KillerByte » 13 Jun 2013, 21:00

He means that they always listening to feedback
KillerByte 18

Next