to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Free Xbox One DLC on offer with Ryse, Forza 5, Kinect Sports

Your comments on our articles.

Exclusive maps, items and vehicles available to early birds

We managed to miss this earlier in the week, but now that E3's winding down there's time to take stock. Microsoft has announced exclusive DLC for those who pre-order Xbox One exclusives Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5, Kinect Sports Rivals and Dead Rising 3.... read more

Postby Vulgar Plebeian » 14 Jun 2013, 12:46

Ryse looks like it could be a fun game to play and could be a pre-order. Most titles that I would get come from the Ubisoft stable though. :shock:
Vulgar Plebeian 47

Postby Th3 Katman » 14 Jun 2013, 12:49

Holding off pre ordering the Xbox One until the price of games is revealed :-)
Th3 Katman 29

Re: Free Xbox One DLC on offer with Ryse, Forza 5, Kinect Sp

Postby CunningSmile » 14 Jun 2013, 12:50

Th3 Katman wrote:Holding off pre ordering the Xbox One until the price of games is revealed :-)

Nothing official yet but Zavvi are offering preorders for £50 and Amazon for £55 so I think that's probably the correct ballpark. It's also more or less the price of 360 games at launch.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Bezza89 » 14 Jun 2013, 12:53

I finally watched a vid of Ryse, looks good, but if only they could get rid of the visual QTE, or the slow motion - I mean, fighting games are all about pressing buttons at the right time anyway, like Arkham games you should just predict the buttons to press and watch the animations flow out, they even said if you botch the qtes you'll kill them anyway, so why not let you just tailor your own fighting by tricking you into thinking you're not doing QTEs?
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby s17pur » 14 Jun 2013, 14:17

@Bezza89 in an interview on IGN, developers of Ryse basically said that those moments were not QTE and the system does sound more like that of Arkham City. It'd be worth digging out, as it's actually quite reassuring.
s17pur 20

Postby fracturedrich » 14 Jun 2013, 15:22

I did read this earlier in the week,i would be interested in forza cars,to be honest though in forza you end up with that many cars way better than anything they would give you for free,so 4 cars is not really going to get me to rush to order.This is the question i need answering and i no it's off topic but this got to have kinect thing is really bugging me.I got the last kinect sensor and my tv is close to my settee and at a angle so that made the sensor useless.I would be really grateful if the oxm team or any of you guys could share some light on it.One other thing my house is busy with kids running through and people coming round would them running in front or speaking affect my game at all,or is the new sensor move with your body and voice only.also can you turn it off.Sorry about this guys but this is the only thing putting me off.
fracturedrich 47

Postby vadersmyfather » 14 Jun 2013, 15:26

s17pur wrote:@Bezza89 in an interview on IGN, developers of Ryse basically said that those moments were not QTE and the system does sound more like that of Arkham City. It'd be worth digging out, as it's actually quite reassuring.

Looked a lot like the QTE moments from Tomb Raider to me.
I think the people in the flat above me are having sex...
Either that or they're sleeping restlessly and agreeing with each other a lot.
vadersmyfather 49

Postby CunningSmile » 14 Jun 2013, 15:27

fracturedrich wrote:I did read this earlier in the week,i would be interested in forza cars,to be honest though in forza you end up with that many cars way better than anything they would give you for free,so 4 cars is not really going to get me to rush to order.This is the question i need answering and i no it's off topic but this got to have kinect thing is really bugging me.I got the last kinect sensor and my tv is close to my settee and at a angle so that made the sensor useless.I would be really grateful if the oxm team or any of you guys could share some light on it.One other thing my house is busy with kids running through and people coming round would them running in front or speaking affect my game at all,or is the new sensor move with your body and voice only.also can you turn it off.Sorry about this guys but this is the only thing putting me off.

According to one of the 3billion articles Ed has posted, and the latest issue of the mag (in short don't ask for a link, I'll never find it) the new Kinect is apparently a lot better than the first. For a start they've adjusted it so it doesn't need as much room, which is great news IMO as I've also got a small living room, and the new cameras also focus in infra red so having perfect lighting is no longer a requirement.

It apparently also works much closer to what MS originally announced for the first Kinect before the cost cutting so should (in theory) be able to recognise you rather than taking instructions from every passing stranger, or in my case the dog.

I'm pretty certain you can also turn it off, or at least turn it to the wall, but you do need to keep it connected
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 14 Jun 2013, 15:32

So, Cunning, justify why you're getting a One...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tGO79BtWUI
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby vadersmyfather » 14 Jun 2013, 15:38

CunningSmile wrote:It apparently also works much closer to what MS originally announced for the first Kinect before the cost cutting so should (in theory) be able to recognise you rather than taking instructions from every passing stranger, or in my case the dog.

What instructions exactly is your dog giving to Kinect?
Last edited by vadersmyfather on 14 Jun 2013, 15:47, edited 2 times in total.
vadersmyfather 49

Postby CunningSmile » 14 Jun 2013, 15:38

FishyGinger wrote:So, Cunning, justify why you're getting a One...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tGO79BtWUI

Smeg off :wink:
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby CunningSmile » 14 Jun 2013, 15:41

vadersmyfather wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:It apparently also works much closer to what MS originally announced for the first Kinect before the cost cutting so should (in theory) be able to recognise you rather than taking instructions from every passing stranger, or in my case the dog.

What instructions exactly is your dog giving to Kinect?

One one very memorable occassion the instruction was run straight at a monster and die whilst playing Haunt. The dog walked in front of the sensor and Kinect decided that she looked more humanoid that me so tracked her movements.

As several of the other regulars may remember my dog does actually have a profile and a reasonable gamerscore for a pet. She also killed the final boss in Fable 3
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby vadersmyfather » 14 Jun 2013, 15:49

CunningSmile wrote:Kinect decided that she looked more humanoid that me so tracked her movements.

The question is, is that really a fault with Kinect or are you just oddly shaped?
vadersmyfather 49

Postby Craig Meakin » 14 Jun 2013, 17:16

Id already preordered dead rising 3, forza 5 and cod ghosts with Xbox one day one edition before reading this. Bonus.
Craig Meakin 9

Postby Metalrodent » 14 Jun 2013, 18:54

Kernow, we invoke your wrath!
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Next