to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft "exploring ways" to bring XBLA games to Xbox One

Your comments on our articles.

But no "additional information to announce at this time"

Xbox Live Arcade games won't be playable on Xbox One - or will they? Phil Spencer told Gamespot as much last month, but a Microsoft spokesperson has suggested that there's room for hope in an email Q&A with OXM.... read more

Microsoft "exploring ways" to bring XBLA games to Xbox One

Postby DigitalGeist » 14 Jun 2013, 18:45

Should I really care that the Xbox Live Rewards program at the moment seems to think that most people are now free rather than the Gold that I am? Is the reward program itself jumping ship? Couldn't find anywhere to post this news so I stuck it here.
DigitalGeist 10

Re: Microsoft

Postby Sandbwoy » 14 Jun 2013, 19:57

DigitalGeist wrote:Should I really care that the Xbox Live Rewards program at the moment seems to think that most people are now free rather than the Gold that I am? Is the reward program itself jumping ship? Couldn't find anywhere to post this news so I stuck it here.

Although I haven't seen anything to confirm it, I'm guessing that the Rewards program will carry over to Xbox One. I hope so, anyways. They mostly reward you with Microsoft Points though, and with Microsoft Points soon to be dumped and replaced with real currency, I wonder what that means for us Rewards scheme members?
Sandbwoy 24

Postby Bugsquat » 14 Jun 2013, 22:13

I spent a few minutes trying to figure out what that logo said. 3-O-X? 3-OX? Is that some new initiative?

And then I realized it was Xbox Live Arcade, but with Xbox cut short. Don't I feel silly :roll:
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
Bugsquat 31

Postby Cokney Charmer » 14 Jun 2013, 22:19

This is why the Xbox community is being pulled apart by MS right now. Phil Harrison says one thing, someone in MS says something different and its all a case of "implying" something rather then confirming something

Have to be honest, I now have serious E3 fatigue, and really growing tired of Microsoft crap PR. Want to focus on the games but Microsoft keeps bringing it back to how incompetently they are running the PR marketing for the Xbox One and its frustrating as hell
Twitter = @CockneyCharmer
Cokney Charmer 22

Postby SHalo28 » 15 Jun 2013, 12:16

wll they did similaer to the 360 is wasnt backwards compatible with any of the 1st xbox game but ms did pach a lot of old games to run on 360 over the first few years of the 360, so i dont see why they cant do the same for 360 game on the one.
SHalo28 23

Postby fracturedrich » 15 Jun 2013, 12:35

SHalo28 wrote:wll they did similaer to the 360 is wasnt backwards compatible with any of the 1st xbox game but ms did pach a lot of old games to run on 360 over the first few years of the 360, so i dont see why they cant do the same for 360 game on the one.

Have you been drinking or are yuo shtill durnk fmro lsat night :lol:
fracturedrich 47

Postby SilentDark » 15 Jun 2013, 13:28

Cokney Charmer wrote:This is why the Xbox community is being pulled apart by MS right now. Phil Harrison says one thing, someone in MS says something different and its all a case of "implying" something rather then confirming something

Have to be honest, I now have serious E3 fatigue, and really growing tired of Microsoft crap PR. Want to focus on the games but Microsoft keeps bringing it back to how incompetently they are running the PR marketing for the Xbox One and its frustrating as hell

I have to say MS are doing themselves no favours with their vagueness. Let's say that they do get some of these games redone for the Bone, will they be given away free to those who purchased them on the 360? I mean it will involve doing extra work so it seems unlikely, so if they are not going to give them away to people who previously bought them then essentially they are trying to get people to buy the same product twice. Which is as money grubbing as it comes.

MS, when you give an answer, stick to it, don't back pedal with vague promises which never come true.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby ChopperCampbell » 15 Jun 2013, 14:32

I think if they are effectively re-mastering XBLA games and re-releasing them to work on the Xbox One we certainly shouldn't be expected to pay full price again. Perhaps a system like Wii U (haven't tried it myself) where if you own the game on the previous console it's only £1 per game to re-download on the new console?
ChopperCampbell 22