The ultimate Minecraft Xbox 360 guide - Redstone, enchantmen

Your comments on our articles.

OXM's all-in-one, continually updated breakdown of Mojang's block-building sim

We've published a fair old bit on the subject of Minecraft Xbox 360, perhaps the only game in existence that renders it possible to ride a pig while wearing a diamond hat. The below almighty guide, written by Phil Savage shortly after the arrival of Minecraft Xbox 360 update 10, is a distillation of all that accumulated wisdom, aimed at those who're planning to pick up the game at retail today Hopefully, it'll continue to be of service once Minecraft Xbox One arrives later this year.... read more

The ultimate Minecraft Xbox 360 guide - Redstone, enchantmen

Postby Waffles2541 » 16 Jun 2013, 15:55

Another tip for the Ender Dragon. Bring friends and pumpkins. Did this with four other people and he was a massive push over. One or two of you distract him whilst the others focus on eliminating the healing crystals. Once they are down, do not hold back!!!

The pumpkins are very useful especially on hard mode. They will make it so the Endermen will only attack you when you attack them , rather than staring at them. The loss of visibility is an acceptable penalty to being devoured by Endermen.

Also, a quick tip. If you want to show off your victory in the end, cover up the end portal that you use to return to the overworld and set up a quick piston circuit with the piston pointed at the dragon egg. This will knock it off the stand and allow you to collect it. Be careful though, if it falls into the end portal, you won't be able to retrieve it.
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 40

Re: The ultimate Minecraft Xbox 360 guide - Redstone, enchan

Postby Waffles2541 » 16 Jun 2013, 16:14

Oh and another great way of resource farming is to create a tower that rises high enough into the sky that it will kill any mob falling down the center. Create a hollow middle about two to four blocks long and wide, followed by a large enclosed space at the top. From each edge create a channel through which to create a small river from, with raised platforms in the corners. Place the water so that the end of the stream just reaches the edge of the hole in the center, making sure the water does not fall down the drop. Since this space at the top is enclosed, it will be permanently dark, meaning mobs will always spawn there. They will roam into the water which will push them down the shaft, killing them on the floor below. Come back occasionally to collect things like gunpowder, bones and arrows, the occasional ender pearl, silk and spider eyes, rotten flesh, and if you are really lucky the odd slime ball. Be careful though, spiders sometimes latch onto the side and can survive the drop, plus creepers can explode on the way down if you are at the bottom of the shaft.
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 40

Postby OXM ETboy » 16 Jun 2013, 17:39

Good thoughts, waffles -I'll update the piece tomorrow.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby R3ALDUBB3DD3R3K » 17 Jun 2013, 22:51

First off Golden Carrots arent in the Xbox 360 Edition just yet. That means there isnt an invisibility potion. There also isnt a Night Vision Potion. :roll:
R3ALDUBB3DD3R3K 2

Postby Nexoi » 18 Jun 2013, 11:05

Found the potions part usefull, normally takes a hell of a lot of trial and error to get what i need! :)
Nexoi is also my gamertag. I play Halo, CoD, Forza etc. Add me if u want! :D
Nexoi 11

Postby iEdwin » 28 Jun 2013, 11:52

I suggest before going into The End make sure you've got at least 3 spaces filled with snowballs, have a mob spawner (preferably one of Blazes) to enchant your armor/tools/weapons, save the game before entering, and play on Hard. :wink: :oops:
iEdwin 23

Postby evilmoseph » 21 Jul 2013, 21:31

another tip with enchanting is go for the enchant with smallest writing to get the most effective enchants
8)
evilmoseph 7