to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

State of Decay Xbox 360 update triggers rampant Infestations

Your comments on our articles.

"We're calling in the troops to get going on solving this problem immediately"

State of Decay's first patch was released last week, but an application error meant that potentially game-breaking bugs went unfixed. Any players who didn't encounter problems have their "good luck" to thank for it, apparently, rather than developer Undead Labs.... read more

State of Decay Xbox 360 update triggers rampant Infestations

Postby fracturedrich » 17 Jun 2013, 13:24

I have just spent the entire weekend playing,cough the last of us cough cough,as great as state of decay is ms would cut there nuts clean off to have a game like that.I will unplug the machine and cast it back into the cupboard i promise.I am fully on the ms train now and going in to next gen.
fracturedrich 47

Re: State of Decay Xbox 360 update triggers rampant Infestat

Postby Crisco » 17 Jun 2013, 15:26

It's pretty bad for me. I've stopped playing it as I have five people missing and I don't think I could survive without them. I'm hoping they find their way back when it's patched or they at least show up on the map.
Being good at stuff is overrated. Probably.
Gamertag: Super Crisco
Crisco 48

Postby Kiaon » 17 Jun 2013, 19:21

Honestly iv never had a problem with infestations and iv cleared the game twice. As soon as they appear I get rid of them by beeping a car outside and running them over as they pour out.
Kiaon 5

Postby Grummy » 17 Jun 2013, 22:07

I had this constant infestations thing, but it was never a problem as once I got used to filtering through the demands and prioritizing them, I was able to keep my group of survivors happy all through my playthrough.

Massive respect to the guys at UL for being so upfront about this though. Usually you find developers try and hide behind PR men and well worded press releases rather than being straight up. If they keep up this level of being on the level then I'd be prepared to give them all the time in the world to get these fixes right.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby battfink83 » 17 Jun 2013, 23:14

never mind the patch, id rather they hurried up and finished the sandbox survival mode they are making for it... epic
battfink83 53

Postby smp1987 » 18 Jun 2013, 13:01

fracturedrich wrote:I have just spent the entire weekend playing,cough the last of us cough cough,as great as state of decay is ms would cut there nuts clean off to have a game like that.I will unplug the machine and cast it back into the cupboard i promise.I am fully on the ms train now and going in to next gen.

Hi have to agree it is an amazing game im about 8hrs in and its epic better than the uncharted games and better than anything i have played on xbox in the last year

i am very temped to jump ship on next gen and the ps4 exclusive have me far me excited than the xbox ones titles :roll:
smp1987 25

Postby Norbs » 22 Jun 2013, 17:39

yeh iv got the infestations bug and while iv got every one happy and always saving them when need'd its still i huge chore to play them game, i dont feel like im able to enjoy the game at all because of the constant missing people , because of this im board of the game and im not playing anymore, it just seems pointless, il be honest theyv taken to long to fix the problem! they said sorry on the forums and then started to mention how many theyv sold and how awesome they are and nothing els about the patch, its a joke and i wish i had not purchased the game when it came out, i hate saying all this but it has to be said theyv taken my money and im left with a game that isnt playable, i understand that not every body had the problem but theyv said its just down to luck, its realy bad on mine and its first impresions that count and this bug has spoilt the game for me, iv waited soooo long for this game i got it the second it was available and now im waiting again!
iv had enough tbh of games coming out now and not finished and having to wait f**king ages for a patch, not like the good old days :/ rant over!
Norbs 17

Postby Grummy » 22 Jun 2013, 19:53

Norbs wrote:yeh iv got the infestations bug and while iv got every one happy and always saving them when need'd its still i huge chore to play them game, i dont feel like im able to enjoy the game at all because of the constant missing people , because of this im board of the game and im not playing anymore, it just seems pointless, il be honest theyv taken to long to fix the problem! they said sorry on the forums and then started to mention how many theyv sold and how awesome they are and nothing els about the patch, its a joke and i wish i had not purchased the game when it came out, i hate saying all this but it has to be said theyv taken my money and im left with a game that isnt playable, i understand that not every body had the problem but theyv said its just down to luck, its realy bad on mine and its first impresions that count and this bug has spoilt the game for me, iv waited soooo long for this game i got it the second it was available and now im waiting again!
iv had enough tbh of games coming out now and not finished and having to wait f**king ages for a patch, not like the good old days :/ rant over!

The game hasn't been out all that long and already they're on their 2nd patch, that's an incredibly quick turn around.

Are you aware that the point of the game is to make you feel rushed and stressed, that you're not meant to be able to save everybody all the time and that you're meant to have to pick and choose the events you get involved in? This isn't meant to be a 'one guy can do everything' game like Dead Rising, it's a survival game. The game isn't too hard or broken or unbalanced or anything, it plays like it's supposed to. In fact, if anything, I'd say it's possibly too easy to keep everyone happy and alive all the time! It's perfectly playable as it is.

Now, you could be talking about some bug or glitch I don't know about, but I can't quite make out from your post what it would be. If it's just that you feel like you have too much to do, too many people getting into trouble etc, well, that's how the games meant to be, if it's something else, well, it's harsh, and I can understand you being disappointed by it, but you need to understand, games development is a difficult process and UL is a small team working on a fairly large game, if they haven't got to your particular patch yet, it sucks, but you need to be patient, these things DO take time, plus, as I've said, they're on 2 patches already, that is a very quick turn around.
One. Warrior. Nation.

Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Norbs » 22 Jun 2013, 20:46

its not ment to have people go missing all the time and there very boring missions aswell that are just repeated over and over and over again, if they had fixed the infestation bug before it came out then i wouldnt be sick of searching for missing people and i wouldnt be fed up with the game, the reason iv had it with the game is because every game i wait ages for and buy the day it comes out are full of bugs, i know its not easy my brother works on games and he works hard but i would of liked to wait anouther couple of weeks and have a game that works properly rather than have it spoilt!
also the game is easy and i dont feel rushed or stressed by it, im just turning it on and searching for people constantly, unable to play the game how i want, boring! and yeh u could say theyv been quick with updates but like i said why cant they just fix the game before taking evrybodys money, u wouldnt buy something thats broken, also the first update didnt work in any way so tbh theyv not even done any updates at all if you look at it like that!
Norbs 17

Postby Grummy » 22 Jun 2013, 21:11

Norbs wrote:its not ment to have people go missing all the time and there very boring missions aswell that are just repeated over and over and over again, if they had fixed the infestation bug before it came out then i wouldnt be sick of searching for missing people and i wouldnt be fed up with the game, the reason iv had it with the game is because every game i wait ages for and buy the day it comes out are full of bugs, i know its not easy my brother works on games and he works hard but i would of liked to wait anouther couple of weeks and have a game that works properly rather than have it spoilt!
also the game is easy and i dont feel rushed or stressed by it, im just turning it on and searching for people constantly, unable to play the game how i want, boring! and yeh u could say theyv been quick with updates but like i said why cant they just fix the game before taking evrybodys money, u wouldnt buy something thats broken, also the first update didnt work in any way so tbh theyv not even done any updates at all if you look at it like that!

Define 'going missing'. Are they just disappearing out of your game entirely or is it just missions where you have to rescue them? If it's the former, then yes, it's a problem, if it's the latter then I'm afraid that is part of the game, and their quality is just a personal opinion, not an actual gameplay problem. I'm not sure what the infestation bug has to do with anything though, I have that too and it's never been a problem.

I know what you mean about just constantly looking for people, the problem is that the game is just about survival and doesn't give you a lot to do within that, so constantly looking for people is just something you can do to give you a purpose. They've made an excellent sandbox game, but to be better and more enticing to play, they need to work on the minutiae, what the characters do, their relationships, create much larger threats to your compound, perhaps other survivor groups can be a threat, give you more of a reason to want to play, make it more complicated than just dividing your time between collecting resources and saving people. In short, the real problem is a lack of variety.

The thing with fixing games before they'released is that games are difficult to bug test, especially sandbox games, and this is a small team with limited resources to do the job. In a sandbox game different combinations of assets and game events are possible and anything could cause a bug to appear for one person that isn't there for someone else. They can't cater for everything before release, so they make the game playable (and the game IS playable) and release it, earn their revenue then work on updates. That's just the way these things go, we have to accept that and have patience.
One. Warrior. Nation.

Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Norbs » 22 Jun 2013, 23:38

well because the infestation bug is present people are getting scared or being chased off and going missing, now there not ment to be going missing so often if you've cleared out all infestations within 500m of your base and use your outpost's well, but because its counting ALL infestations on the map people aren't making it home safely or going missing, back and forth constantly saving people who are lost just across the road of all places, i do understand about how it all works im just geting abit sick of buying a game at full price on the day of release and then the game only gets fixed when the game has been reduced, prime example would be dead island i got that when it came out i got half way through the game and then it buged out and they didnt fix it for almost a year.

i love the game tbh and im not usualy this negative esp about zombie games but i was having a bad day, i still stand by what i said tho to me this game is almost unplayable its prity bad on my game, i have 17 people in my group and only have 1 or 2 people to play as because there all tied from being lost all the time or they are lost, and for some reason iv lost 5 big bags that they took out with them but for some reason swaped for small one's.
Norbs 17