to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Kernow is now staying put (thread locked!)

Whatever you want, whenever you want it.

Kernow is now staying put (thread locked!)

Postby KernowDevil23 » 18 Jun 2013, 10:05

I'm not going to enjoy this at all but after much deliberating and considering my position around here, I've decided now's the time to call it quits.

This is for a number of reasons but it's mainly down to the XB1 reveal and the fallout since then. I'm in a position where I feel I have to be honest to myself and to you guys on here. I can't continue to be a moderator on a forum where I have zero interest in the subject matter. It's not fair on me and certainly not fair on you guys. Unlike the magazine staff who are paid to be positive and objective, the only pay off I receive for giving up my spare time is grief (and lots of it!) and I've had enough of that to last a lifetime.

As many of you will know, I've been a user on the OXM forum for over 10 years (most of them as part of the mod "team") so this decision has not been made lightly. I need to say thank you to a few of you who've been there for the ride, Grummy, Sid, Bezza, Carpet Monkey, Cunning Smile, Guilty Sparks, Fishy Ginger, Comabob etc.... (sorry if I've missed a name but thanks anyway!). No doubt I'll crop up on another forum as a user somewhere on the internet so if you see me, give me a nudge!

Thanks for the good times guys. Have fun and keep on posting!

Regards,

Gareth
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Re: "Job" Vacancy!

Postby Bezza89 » 18 Jun 2013, 10:10

You not going to stick around here as a non-moderator? You will be missed sir if so.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Jun 2013, 10:18

Please stick around, even if it's just the off topic sections as we'll miss you otherwise.

However if this is it than please take my (and everyone elses) grateful thanks for your hard work, and sorry if you ever felt you weren't appreciated for it. Hope all goes well for the future, and good luck finding that new real world job that you love
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Guilty Sparks » 18 Jun 2013, 10:33

Well that came as a huge shock, you will truly be missed around these parts pal, I can't even begin to imagine the grief you must of have had over the years (Especially when the other moderators left) and I can only really hope that you do decide to check in every now and then.

* Could this mean the return of Wishface :shock:
Oracle? Great Journey? Why do you meddlers insist on using such inaccurate verbiage?
Guilty Sparks 37

Postby OXM ETboy » 18 Jun 2013, 10:35

You're irreplaceable, Kernow. Drop by from time to time, you hear?
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Bezza89 » 18 Jun 2013, 10:41

Guilty Sparks wrote:* Could this mean the return of Wishface :shock:

Ha he came back as some other dude not a few weeks ago.

Yeah I second cunning, very grateful for your service.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Postby vadersmyfather » 18 Jun 2013, 10:52

KernowDevil23 wrote:Regards,

Gareth

Never saw you as a Gareth :)

I've been reading these forums for many years but only recently decided to chip in and I was welcomed, so thank you.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby FishyGinger » 18 Jun 2013, 11:05

CunningSmile wrote:Please stick around, even if it's just the off topic sections as we'll miss you otherwise.

However if this is it than please take my (and everyone elses) grateful thanks for your hard work, and sorry if you ever felt you weren't appreciated for it. Hope all goes well for the future, and good luck finding that new real world job that you love

Echoed echoed echoed

Do stick around though. Same for anyone round here really, I'm not sure anyone gives a baboons bum who is getting what console that much, it's more for the banter than anything else.

2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Jun 2013, 12:21

Just out of interest who chooses the new Mod(s)? I'm guessing Edwin, but is it based on volunteers or does he ask someone he thinks would be good? And will he take this opportunity to get the Mod squad up to full strength after years of Kernow being all alone?

I'd quite happily volunteer, but I'm fully aware I'm often too easy going and I'm also only on here during work hours so anyone being a pain in the evening or weekends may be ignored until the following day. So I guess I'm saying I'd do it, but not alone.
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby vadersmyfather » 18 Jun 2013, 12:23

CunningSmile wrote:I'd quite happily volunteer, but I'm fully aware I'm often too easy going and I'm also only on here during work hours so anyone being a pain in the evening or weekends may be ignored until the following day. So I guess I'm saying I'd do it, but not alone.

You'd be the Joe Kinnear of the boards.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby SidTheSloth » 18 Jun 2013, 12:41

>Salutes<

I was expecting at least a few tears like when Becks gave up the England captaincy, but i suppose a well written piece will have to do - well done for keeping cool for so long during the 'Wishface' years too! :wink:

My dreams of getting an OXM NHL team together take a further blow... :cry:
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Guilty Sparks » 18 Jun 2013, 13:18

To reiterate what CunningSmile has already said, I would be more than willing to help out on that side of things but only if it is part of a team, as I only really get the chance to come online during my work breaks and the non-working hours i.e. 5pm ----->
Oracle? Great Journey? Why do you meddlers insist on using such inaccurate verbiage?
Guilty Sparks 37

Postby FishyGinger » 18 Jun 2013, 13:23

CunningSmile wrote:Just out of interest who chooses the new Mod(s)? I'm guessing Edwin, but is it based on volunteers or does he ask someone he thinks would be good? And will he take this opportunity to get the Mod squad up to full strength after years of Kernow being all alone?

I'd quite happily volunteer, but I'm fully aware I'm often too easy going and I'm also only on here during work hours so anyone being a pain in the evening or weekends may be ignored until the following day. So I guess I'm saying I'd do it, but not alone.

I'd be willing but only if whoever chooses has been taking some powerful narcotics/hallucinogens. Plus I'm another only on here during work type.

Why don't we all become mods? Then we can ultra hammer combo spam.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby vadersmyfather » 18 Jun 2013, 13:56

FishyGinger wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:Just out of interest who chooses the new Mod(s)? I'm guessing Edwin, but is it based on volunteers or does he ask someone he thinks would be good? And will he take this opportunity to get the Mod squad up to full strength after years of Kernow being all alone?

I'd be willing but only if whoever chooses has been taking some powerful narcotics/hallucinogens. Plus I'm another only on here during work type.

Why don't we all become mods? Then we can ultra hammer combo spam.

What happened to working during working hours?

(I am completely aware of the irony)
vadersmyfather 47

Postby Metalrodent » 18 Jun 2013, 14:09

Thanks for your services in keeping the forum clean

And be sure to stick around for the odd post, we won't complain too much :wink:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Next