to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft quashes Xbox One power "downgrading" rumours - "10

Your comments on our articles.

Cloud computing functions represent additional muscle

Microsoft's Phil Spencer made a bit of a boo-boo on the Jimmy Fallon show recently, commenting that the Xbox One represents a threefold leap in power over Xbox 360. Only threefold, Phil? But we thought it had 8GB of RAM versus the Xbox 360's 512MB. What gives?... read more

Postby hollywood111 » 18 Jun 2013, 10:51

As if things aren't bad enough, MS have Don Mattrick (a fire damaged Tom Cruise Wax work) & Phil Spencer! doing the rounds.
Two bumbling idiots who seem to have built a firing range on the bottom of their shoes!....

If your gonna send people out into the media to sell your product employ people who can professionally confidently do it!
Don't have someone who looks like your dad having a mid life crisis with all the charisma of a cold medical probe being
placed up your arse going on national television!... :roll:
hollywood111 49

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 18 Jun 2013, 10:52

I have to be honest, most of this is total gibberish to me! I get that it's more powerful, but what does local mean? I always thought local (in terms of gaming) meant on your console, but surely that where all gaming takes place? I'm confused, totally and utterly confused!

Probably me just showing my age.... :oops:
Last edited by AllusiveTurtle on 18 Jun 2013, 11:20, edited 2 times in total.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Re: Microsoft quashes Xbox One power "downgrading" rumours -

Postby hollywood111 » 18 Jun 2013, 10:58

Local = what's actually in your console, its hardware.

Cloud = MS's army of robot servers that will one day rise up kill you & all your family...... Ohh and make your water
in BF4 look more realistic.

:D
hollywood111 49

Postby Nexoi » 18 Jun 2013, 10:59

I'm a bit confused about the power but doesn't more power mean more electricity used up?

However i'm not to worried about the power of the console, as long as it plays better games i don't mind :)
Nexoi is also my gamertag. I play Halo, CoD, Forza etc. Add me if u want! :D
Nexoi 11

Postby FishyGinger » 18 Jun 2013, 11:15

Nexoi wrote:I'm a bit confused about the power but doesn't more power mean more electricity used up?

However i'm not to worried about the power of the console, as long as it plays better games i don't mind :)

There's a graph for how much power it has along with the electricity usage, here it is.

I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Drainwater » 19 Jun 2013, 01:35

FishyGinger wrote:There's a graph for how much power it has along with the electricity usage, here it is.

Very informative. I certainly learned something.
Drainwater 34