to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

New Dark Souls 2 gameplay details emerge - meet the Mirror K

Your comments on our articles.

Tanimura talks about trimming the fat so players can get to the good stuff

So then: still think black phantom invasions were tough? Still having recurring bad dreams involving that devilish duo Ornstein and Smough? Reckon Sif or The Four Kings were as bad as it gets? Brother, you ain't seen nothing yet.... read more

New Dark Souls 2 gameplay details emerge - meet the Mirror K

Postby Silence Sean » 18 Jun 2013, 11:15

What'd be interesting is that if you would appear from a shield on their screen, or if he just absorbs you into his shield for a battle with another player. Also, what would stop the second player turning round and starting to help you against the big guy?
Silence Sean 22

Re: New Dark Souls 2 gameplay details emerge - meet the Mirr

Postby OXM Aoife » 18 Jun 2013, 11:19

Silence Sean wrote:What'd be interesting is that if you would appear from a shield on their screen, or if he just absorbs you into his shield for a battle with another player. Also, what would stop the second player turning round and starting to help you against the big guy?

My guess would be that they're part of a covenant sworn to serve the Mirror Knight (and thus get big rewards of souls and humanity/equivalent for beating you) or perhaps they'll be at the same point in the game and thus will have to beat you in order to proceed.
OXM Aoife
OXM Staff

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 18 Jun 2013, 11:21

Silence Sean wrote: what would stop the second player turning round and starting to help you against the big guy?

Invading players in Dark Souls couldn't attack enemies in the other players worlds so I assume this would be something similar
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby SilentDark » 18 Jun 2013, 13:43

Presumably this means pulling a player roughly equivalent in level although I wonder what happens for players who either have no internet or no gold subscription. Would it just produce a randomly generated character? Or just a random monster? Or perhaps another Mirror Knight, which could then lead to theoretic infinite spawnings.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 67

Postby OXM Aoife » 18 Jun 2013, 14:07

SilentDark wrote:Presumably this means pulling a player roughly equivalent in level although I wonder what happens for players who either have no internet or no gold subscription. Would it just produce a randomly generated character? Or just a random monster? Or perhaps another Mirror Knight, which could then lead to theoretic infinite spawnings.

My guess is it would work in the same way as the E3 demo build and just spawn randomly generated shadows. I do love the thought of an infinite rabbit-hole of Mirror Knight clones though...
OXM Aoife
OXM Staff

Postby msbhvn » 18 Jun 2013, 16:34

Why post a Star Trek YouTube vid? :?

I was hoping for footage of the Mirror Knight and I switched off my tracking protection for nothing, NOTHING! :lol:
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69