to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Half-Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Source Engine 2 spotted in "l

Your comments on our articles.

Care for another ride on Gordon Freeman's roundabout of hype and despair?

Shocking news: Valve appears to have demonstrated that it's physically capable of typing the words "Half-Life 3", in what's surely the most concrete piece of Half-Life intel since, oh, 2009. Respected fansite ValveTime claims to have secured temporary access to the innards of Jira, Valve's internal bug-tracking and management platform, and has discovered mailing lists that refer to Half-Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Source Engine 2.... read more

Half-Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Source Engine 2 spotted in "l

Postby fatalgilly » 19 Jun 2013, 13:01

Gordon Freeman's somewhat lost his allure.

Why Ed? why?!?! :cry:
fatalgilly 23

Re: Half-Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Source Engine 2 spotted i

Postby OXM ETboy » 19 Jun 2013, 13:04

I don't know, Half-Life just feels a bit austere for me nowadays. Chillingly accomplished, but... sterile. I've got far more enjoyment out of Left 4 Dead.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby squirrelofDoom » 19 Jun 2013, 13:12

Dear Valve

Stop what your doing and make Left 4 Dead 3 happen.

Yours sincerely

Everyone. Who ever lived. Ever
squirrelofDoom 26

Postby CunningSmile » 19 Jun 2013, 13:13

I loved Half Life 1 on the PC, but really struggled to get even half way through HL2 so the loss of HL3 wouldn't phase me at all.

However L4D has offered some of the best fun I've ever had with gaming and is one of those few games where my friends and I have been reliving scenes and talking about it long after the credits roll. Left 4 Dead 3 would be an easy preorder from me.
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby fatalgilly » 19 Jun 2013, 13:16

OXM ETboy wrote:I don't know, Half-Life just feels a bit austere for me nowadays. Chillingly accomplished, but... sterile. I've got far more enjoyment out of Left 4 Dead.

yeah i see where your coming from, i think in comparism to half life 2, it wasn't as good, i mean being transported to an alien world **SPOILER ALERT** to destroy what looked like a giant floating baby? They probably set the bar to high for themselves i guess.

I've definetly put more hours into left for dead than i have any other game either. Simply because of the replay value.

But wouldn't it feel great to have that crowbar back in your hands again to squash headcrabs with? :D
fatalgilly 23

Postby FishyGinger » 19 Jun 2013, 13:26

It saddens me that none of you have taste but I guess we can't all be gifted.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby Metalrodent » 19 Jun 2013, 13:30

I really enjoyed most of Half Life 2 and it's episodes, up until that [spoiler] bloody defense segment with the walkers at the end of Episode 2
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby OXM Aoife » 19 Jun 2013, 13:42

FishyGinger wrote:It saddens me that none of you have taste but I guess we can't all be gifted.

I'm with you, I refuse to forget about Freeman.
OXM Aoife
OXM Staff

Postby TomAZ600 » 19 Jun 2013, 14:10

OXM Aoife wrote:
FishyGinger wrote:It saddens me that none of you have taste but I guess we can't all be gifted.

I'm with you, I refuse to forget about Freeman.

Be careful what you wish for, HL3 has ben in development for some time, we don't want another DNF happening. And you may say "HL beats Duke Nukem," but it won't matter when it's done.
TomAZ600 35

Postby zicolofoo » 19 Jun 2013, 14:39

please! no more HL-3 rumors, we are sick and tired of it. don't want to go through that all excited but then big let down again and again...
will not care until solid and confirmed official HL-3 news.
zicolofoo 14

Postby Bam Pilsworth » 19 Jun 2013, 15:37

LEFT FOR DEAD 3 ALL THE WAY! me and my mate played the first 2 to death! would love a third!
Bam Pilsworth 4

Postby Bugsquat » 19 Jun 2013, 16:43

PLEASE!
Please let this be a genuine document about genuine work on a genuine game called Half Life 3! Seven years of red herrings, dead ends, rumours, question deflecting - I want to get some closure on the story of the Freeman.
There are those of us who have let go of Half Life because they feel that it can't be worth the wait, but I am firmly behind the banner of those who would wait forever if we had to. And I'll be damned if I ever give up on them.
I'm also not ashamed to admit that I am one of the thousands of people who genuinely fell in love with Alyx - and felt that awful pang of sadness when you stop playing and realize...she's not real. :( You can't give up on a story when you are that invested in it.
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
Bugsquat 31

Postby Decent_Jam » 19 Jun 2013, 17:49

About time there was some Valve-related news, albeit in rumour form.

I'm a massive fan of the L4D series and would love to see the next instalment within the first six months of the Xbox One (and Valve's Steambox perhaps?) launch. Hopefully the reason we haven't had an official announcement is because they are just too busy working on it.

In regards to HL to not be a fan of Gordon is to not be a fan of yourself since he is a silent protagonist after all. To be honest playing HL3 might be a nice nostalgia trip but it would really have to innovate or it would fail to reach expectations and hold my attention.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 62

Postby fracturedrich » 19 Jun 2013, 19:59

[quote="zicolofoo"]please! no more HL-3 rumors, we are sick and tired of it. don't want to go through that all excited but then big let down again and again...
will not care until solid and confirmed official HL-3 news.
Ha valve are releasing there own entertainment system and the launch game supposedly involves robot zombies,and wait for it,DA DA DA ,horde mode but ssshhh we all no how things spread.
fracturedrich 47

Postby kevicus12 » 19 Jun 2013, 20:41

There seems to be a lot of odd thinking regarding Half-Life 3; like everyone is assuming it's going to be exactly like Half-Life 2. I thought the difference between HL & HL2 was huge and I think there'll be an equally massive leap between HL2 & HL3.

Personally, I can't wait (although, obviously, I'll continue to).
kevicus12 22