to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Assassin's Creed 4 Season Pass DLC details leaked - play as

Your comments on our articles.

Get access to swashbuckling single and multiplayer content

Details on Assassin's Creed 4's planned Season Pass content have surfaced online at Best Buy, spotted by the eagle eyes over at AllGamesBeta.... read more

Assassin's Creed 4 Season Pass DLC details leaked - play as

Postby Thos. » 21 Jun 2013, 09:59

I still don't understand the term 'Season Pass'. It makes no sense at all. What 'season' is it referring to? And 'pass' implies access to a location.

I'm assuming the term comes from somewhere else, American sports tickets, or cable TV packages or something, but it just seems incredibly inappropriate in this context.

Why can't they say you are buying an "Expansion Package" or "DLC Collection"? Total lunacy.
Thos. 45

Re: Assassin's Creed 4 Season Pass DLC details leaked - play

Postby CunningSmile » 21 Jun 2013, 10:01

Thos. wrote:I still don't understand the term 'Season Pass'. It makes no sense at all. What 'season' is it referring to? And 'pass' implies access to a location.

I'm assuming the term comes from somewhere else, American sports tickets, or cable TV packages or something, but it just seems incredibly inappropriate in this context.

Why can't they say you are buying an "Expansion Package" or "DLC Collection"? Total lunacy.

I think they are using the phrase to mirror the season pass you get for sports or other hobbies, the "Buy this and get full access" stuff. You know how much the Yanks like their sports metaphors
Why all the fuss about Dragon Age? Gears of War had a gay character years ago and no one complained...wait, you mean Marcus was straight :shock:
CunningSmile 71
OXM Moderator

Postby vadersmyfather » 21 Jun 2013, 10:25

Thos. wrote:Why can't they say you are buying an "Expansion Package" or "DLC Collection"? Total lunacy.

And I've noticed that where we used to have TV series, seasons are becoming more common usage.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby CunningSmile » 21 Jun 2013, 10:30

vadersmyfather wrote:
Thos. wrote:Why can't they say you are buying an "Expansion Package" or "DLC Collection"? Total lunacy.

And I've noticed that where we used to have TV series, seasons are becoming more common usage.

I've actually always used season. To me a series is the show as a whole, a season is the annual chunk it's cut into. Calling it a series only really works if your talking about BBC shows that tend to only last 6 episodes before being cancelled.
Why all the fuss about Dragon Age? Gears of War had a gay character years ago and no one complained...wait, you mean Marcus was straight :shock:
CunningSmile 71
OXM Moderator

Postby Maximus T » 21 Jun 2013, 10:44

First experience of a "season pass" for me was the "rockstar pass" which makes sense because it's named after the dev.
Most games name their passes appropriate to the content, like Halo 4's "war games map pass" so Season Pass has become more or less the generic term. However, it does suggest that there should be another "season" of DLC to buy with the second "season pass".
A benzene ring changes everything.
Maximus T 67

Postby Bugsquat » 21 Jun 2013, 15:09

Blag Flag sounds fun. Does it have an L.A Noire style interrogation minigame, where you have to avoid spilling the beans?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol:
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
Bugsquat 30

Postby Metalrodent » 21 Jun 2013, 15:12

I do hope that part of the dlc involves fighting Henry Rollins
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Postby Bugsquat » 21 Jun 2013, 15:53

Metalrodent wrote:I do hope that part of the dlc involves fighting Henry Rollins

With lots of lootin', and shootin'?
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
Bugsquat 30